collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: OMG I ruined her :(  (Read 1019 times)

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
OMG I ruined her :(
« on: May 05, 2013, 06:11:24 PM »
So just yesterday I brought home Baby Romperooni and I was super excited to get her all cleaned up to join my G3 baby herd. She was a little banged up but nothing a good spa day wouldn't fix. However, she had some marks on her face that just would NOT come off so...I pulled out the Goof Off. I have used this before without any problems since I'm always really careful about not getting it on my hands/eyes/etc. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for Baby Romperooni :(

I took too big of a swipe with the Q-tip and half her eye now looks like it's melted off. I FEEL AWFUL  :sad: Seriously, I can't even take a picture of her to show because I just feel so bad. I shoved her in the back of the bin and I can't bear to look at her. I know, it's not like she's my childhood pony or even that I've had her for too long or that she'd be super hard to replace. But I just feel SO bad, like I can't replace her. I'm terrible at painting so I have no idea if I can fix it or even know how-do I wipe the whole rest of the eye off?

I saw the other thread with the other poor little baby pony that was suffering from some bad spots and the suggestions of dressing her up were super cute, but I don't know how I could cover her eye without some sort of eye patch. I don't really want to do that though since it just feels super obvious >_<

I know, I shouldn't be this upset but I've always tried to be really careful around my ponies and I can't believe I was so stupid to make such a mistake. She hasn't even been here 24 hours!  :cloud:

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: OMG I ruined her :(
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 06:22:31 PM »
Aww!  I've done that sort of thing too.  Couple of ideas: the eye patch thing.  Totally remove both eyes and repaint.  Don't beat yourself up though.  :)
:socks:   :frog:

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 06:43:07 PM »
If you can't get her fixed I have one I can sell or trade you for.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 08:23:28 PM »
Aw, I'm sorry. Don't feel too bad, she's super common. I've had like 8 of her! Not that I don't love her, because I actually do, but a lot of people probably use her as bait even if she's in good shape. You could probably trade yours to a customizer for a nice one. =)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 12:17:47 AM by PinkRosedust »
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 08:27:28 PM »
Don't feel bad it happens. Maybe trade her to someone that can repaint her? I know once I had a Nirvana covered in litter polish. My hands were shaking and accidentally wiped off her eyelashes with acetone. Accidents happen.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 08:32:25 PM »
You're a monster.

(it's okay, accidents happen. I've done things like cut rehaired ponies hair too short D: )
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 09:48:16 AM »
Oh dear :hug:

I can completely understand being upset about it - its not about value or sentimentality, its disappointment and upset - and thats fine, I would be the same.

I like the idea of doing something a little different - what about making her a tinkle eye Romperooni? You can buy some nice jewels on etsy or perhaps on here which shouldnt be too expensive and jazz her up?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 10:55:26 AM »
Don't worry. I'm sure that however you choose to fix her...down the road somewhere she will end up becoming one of your favorite ponies because of this experience. :)

Offline sunnydaze

• Trade Count: (+99)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 02:01:15 PM »
Ship her to my house and I'll repaint it for you.  :)

To see my customs and art click my deviantart gallery

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 03:37:17 PM »
You guys are so sweet  :lovey: Thank you for taking the time to respond and your offers to help me fix her or replace her, I'm feeling a lot less panicked now so I'm going to pull her out again and see just how bad it really is and what my capabilities might be in fixing her. I LOVE the idea of turning her into a Twinkle Eye and that seem a lot less scary than actually trying to repaint her! I think over the weekend I'll try and give it a go to see what I can do for her or if I need to take a different route<3

Thanks again guys for your support, I know she's just one common little pony, but I'm going to do my best to make her beautiful again  ^.^
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 03:39:07 PM by InkyMilk »

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 03:46:09 PM »
Aww I totally understand how you feel! :hug: I bet you saw my thread of Baby Cuddles. :D

I really like the Twinkle Eye-suggestion, but why not try to repaint her eyes first? I mean, if you fail horribly, then you can just go ahead and give her those twinkle eyes! Im horrible at painting eyes, but with a really small brush and patience, its possible!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal