collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I ruined my childhood pony :( *update on page 2*  (Read 2242 times)

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
Re: I ruined my childhood pony :(
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 10:06:30 AM »
I would definitely go for some paint or pony wear! :)

Oh, and I guess that is the issue with the acne cream, it keeps lightening/whitening even after you think you have washed it off. :(
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 10:14:12 AM »
Yep, nowadays I know better, this happened long ago. I didnt really mind the white spots.. but this yellowing from the paint made her look so awful.  :(

But something positive! Im SO happy my Baby Sapphire didnt mind the acne cream, I also used it on her.  >_<

Offline munchy

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 11:44:34 AM »
Poor baby cuddles! It's the worst when you accidently damage a pony that's so important to you. Everyone's suggestions are really great though! She'll be looking great again in no time! If for whatever reason you do decide to paint over the spots again be sure to seal it with something like mod podge. That will keep it from peeling of in the future.

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 12:02:44 PM »
I can't see the pic, but I feel for you! I ruined my childhood cuddles similarly when I first started collecting again. To be honest, I upgraded her and until this thread had forgotten that the cuddles in my display is not the one from my childhood! If you have a better memory that me and want to keep yours I love the idea of ponywear! My childhood cuddles used to wear it all the time, she looked so cute in the Overalls and cap that came with the bunny set. Too bad I hadn't thought of that years ago! Oh well, though, I'll probably forget again in a few months (if not days :P )

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2013, 12:05:13 PM »
Lessons learned: be careful with chemicals. If I were you, I probably wouldn't dare to give peroxide a go.

Offline Eldarwen

• View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 12:16:04 PM »
I've only used peroxide on white ponies, so I dont know about this one.. But seriously there isnt much to lose, she looks so bad. And I can always hide her under the ponywear/paint again whatever happens.

zabe77, you have no idea how much better that made me feel! I feel sorry for your Cuddles too, but at least im not alone..  :lol: Here's a link to the picture if you want to see and it works this way: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-s5UK9fmbeb8/UYVdTSL6e2I/AAAAAAAAFGw/h5EWYDjqFUA/s1600/IMG_3421.JPG

I think I have to hunt down a buggy and some cute ponywear for her.

Chikecion

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 12:35:31 PM »
I'd love to see some pictures of her wearing the ponywear, when/if you get some! :)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 01:40:03 PM »
Id say because its a childhood pony, you should send it to some one that can completely restore it. to where it you can't tell the diffidence. Yes you will have to pay them..but its worth saving your childhood pony.
I personally wouldn't sujest anymore treatments at all. Or Id just leave it up to someone else to suggest a treatment.

I know how you feel I just had to do a paint touch up from a cloudy glue accident. *Hugs*  :cry:
:accomplished:

Offline Eldarwen

• View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 01:49:26 PM »
That's a really good idea too! :D I would have to save some money, but she's so worth it! Im sure some skilled customizer could paint her much better than me.

My childhood ponies are incredibly important to me, yesterday I was sure someone had stolen one of my ponies (thank god it turned out to be just a prank from my boyfriend) and I cried my eyes out.  :blush:

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2013, 04:01:55 PM »
Awe, poor girl! Her head looks great still though so ponywear will do her some good until you can save enough to get someone to repaint/fix her!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 04:03:36 PM »
I'd clean off the remainder of the paint and give her an extremely thorough cleaning - as has been mentioned, acne cream can soak into the plastic and continue doing damage for years down the line, so getting any remainder of those chemicals out would be priority #1. 

If her head is loose or you're comfortable popping it off, I'd maybe see about doing a peroxide and/or sun treatment on her body.  At this point it doesn't look like it could get much worse.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 04:16:08 PM »
Oh no :( Thats such a shame...I am so sorry honey :hug:

Acne creams and pony are, for me, just a no go. Days, weeks, months or even years after the cream is added the chemicals can still be causing damage - it gets into the plastic through the pores and even after you think you have shifted it it could still be there bleaching away. Unfortunately the yellowing is actually a bleaching effect so sun fading will not manage anything other than simply fading the yellow and leaving white blotches behind.

I think Goldilocks suggestion of clothing is awesome!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 06:43:59 PM »
That's a really good idea too! :D I would have to save some money, but she's so worth it! Im sure some skilled customizer could paint her much better than me.

My childhood ponies are incredibly important to me, yesterday I was sure someone had stolen one of my ponies (thank god it turned out to be just a prank from my boyfriend) and I cried my eyes out.  :blush:

I don't know who i could refure you to, you should put up a form asking a really skilled restorer to help you out. It so be worth it. *Hugs* She will be pretty again!

Any One Here a Good Restorer? Reading this form?
:accomplished:

Offline Eldarwen

• View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2013, 02:19:52 AM »
Here she is now with her new bunnysuit!  :biggrin:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She's so much happier now. Thank you everyone!  ^.^

Offline ooizza

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2013, 04:07:06 AM »
Nice choice! She is adorable :)

I have a Baby Cuddles that wears her bonnet at all times to cover up the missing tips of her ears  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal