collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has anyone got $7,000 to lend me??  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone got $7,000 to lend me??
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 12:28:37 PM »
Oh sorry-  I meant to say that in response to my "best offer" the seller offered to sell at $6,500, so that is probably the amount that they want for them.  I think they are super lovely and am horribly tempted by them, but I really can't through $6K at ponies, even a big ole box of gorgeous once-in-a-lifetime collection of piggie ponies...

But they are lovely...

I hope someone on the arena ends up with them and takes lots and lots of pics :D

It does make me uneasy that the seller has a zero feedback rating.  If they are pricing their ponies so high than they are obviously NOT new to ebay.  Makes me wonder what old identity they've ditched...

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 12:29:40 PM »
I made an offer to this seller as well. Their counter offer was a reduction in price only if I did a bank transfer instead of paypal. This screams scammer to us. So sad because I would've loved to buy it!

quote from the other thread..
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 12:33:34 PM »
I made an offer to this seller as well. Their counter offer was a reduction in price only if I did a bank transfer instead of paypal. This screams scammer to us. So sad because I would've loved to buy it!

quote from the other thread..

Oh wow-  yeah, that is not a good sign.   I sincerely hope nobody pays with anything other than paypal for this one...

Still, could still be legit.  Maybe he or she just wants to save on paypal fees which are absurdly high.  I would agree that the seller is probably not going to come down a lot while receiving so many healthy offers. 

I don't know that I've ever seen such a lovely piggie collection, maybe they don't want to break them up because it would be so sad.

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 12:57:46 PM »
Ah yes, I saw that auction and balked rather at the price! Even separately, I don't think they'd get quite that much, but $7k is a LOT to drop on one auction (with a no feedback seller) in one go.

Bank transfer is pretty common in Europe, and they are probably willing to drop more for that because of the no paypal fees, but it does leave the buyer with no protection :( Clearly they know something about ponies, which would suggest they're not new to ebay (though not necessarily).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 01:51:37 PM »
And an account created March 31st of this year...  I smell piggy.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 06:14:27 PM »
Heaven. On. Earth.

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 07:25:20 AM »
You all are way too nice. That is totally a scam. And it has to be one of our own...muggles see piggy ponies and think, "god, that's ugly", not "ooh, I'll bet there's a hardcore group of collectors who will pay a mint for these".

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 07:52:12 AM »
Hmm you have a good point Jadis. They did seem to know what they were talking about, but they might have a friend who collects and simply told them the info they have listed. Plus in my experience people who are actually knowledgable are more willing to negotiate prices with fellow collectors, whereas non-collectors tend to get a price in mind that they refuse to budge from no matter the reasoning.

It doesn't sound like anyone here has seen the photo before, so it seems likely that they at least HAVE the ponies. The group photos prove that. The only point of contention then is if you'd actually receive them if you paid for them. I suppose with ebay seller protection though you feasibly have a lot less risk.

You know what, maybe this is that girl we saw a couple months ago who accidentally customized one into a fluttershy? She had an arena member helping her since she said she had a lot more of them.

In any case I wish I had $7,000 to find out  :rolleyes:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 08:54:16 AM »
Hmm you have a good point Jadis. They did seem to know what they were talking about, but they might have a friend who collects and simply told them the info they have listed. Plus in my experience people who are actually knowledgable are more willing to negotiate prices with fellow collectors, whereas non-collectors tend to get a price in mind that they refuse to budge from no matter the reasoning.

It doesn't sound like anyone here has seen the photo before, so it seems likely that they at least HAVE the ponies. The group photos prove that. The only point of contention then is if you'd actually receive them if you paid for them. I suppose with ebay seller protection though you feasibly have a lot less risk.

In any case I wish I had $7,000 to find out  :rolleyes:

I agree she is way too knowledgeable about the potential price to be new to the collecting community or ebay. 

Also -  you would be protected unless she talked you into sending a money order or a bank transfer.  Then you'd be REALLY out of luck.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2013, 12:57:02 PM »
WOW!! That is a lot of money!!!!

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2013, 10:38:58 AM »
I ran it by my husband... who promptly told me, "No."

So I'm out of the running. Shame as they are pretty awesome, but $6,500 is a big chunk of change so I can't argue.  :awake:

Chikecion

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 01:20:45 PM »

You know what, maybe this is that girl we saw a couple months ago who accidentally customized one into a fluttershy? She had an arena member helping her since she said she had a lot more of them.

I have never heard of this! Does anyone have any pictures?

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2013, 01:49:24 PM »

I have never heard of this! Does anyone have any pictures?

WHAT?!?!?! Pics, please? I've always wanted to see a customized piggy to be honest...

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 01:56:01 PM »

I wouoldn't have thought so, since these are MOC.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 11:29:01 AM »
hmmm... so yah, I don't think this is the same person...

here's the DA thread = pic is of her peachy restored back = she turned into fluttershy = I'll see if I can find that but she might've removed the pics

http://arseniks.deviantart.com/art/Piggy-super-rare-pony-331239086?offset=0#comments

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal