collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did your armies get started?  (Read 1950 times)

Miserati

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How did your armies get started?
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 10:33:44 AM »
My Peach Blossom / flutter army kind of just happened and I wasn't trying to acquire the amount I have. I just can't pass up rescues! Especially when they're labeled as baits.

Ever since my boyfriend made me a shelf just for Peach Blossom ... I have a difficult time passing any up. There's plenty of room for more!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 11:32:59 AM »
I have a sparkle pony army. (Or at least I think of it as one! I have anywhere from one to four of each one.) It started by accident for the most part. When I started collecting, sparkle ponies where the ones that I wanted the most. I bought a lot from a girl, but they were kind of baity. So I thought I would buy upgrades! When I started buying upgrades, I realized that there were ever so slight variations, so I kept the baity ones too. XD It's just been a downward spiral from there.

Funny thing is, I don't actually have the MO versions of most of them, so that gives me more of a reason to buy more of them! XD

Yes I have several of these too and I love the variations on these as well.  I only have one mail order version, but I have really been wanting Napper MO.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 12:00:04 PM »
Dont know if this is considered an army, but I seem to have a lot of G4 Pinkie Pies from collecting variants. =) Currently have 13 different released toys, a plushie, a crystal keychain, lots of different Pinkie blindbag variants, some socks, the enterplay box, and few of the toys on my want list if they are officially released! I have two more Pinkies on the way: the masquerade 3.5 inch and the newly discovered black & white FS from Taobao! My husband actually really loves pinkie pie! ^-^
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:03:14 PM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2013, 02:05:11 PM »
My diagnosis is Pinkie Army!
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2013, 02:11:52 PM »
I just discovered that I have a few mini armies :blink: They started just by acquiring multiples of the same pony. They were all accidental. I might look into recruiting more troops for some of the armies though :P
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2013, 06:28:08 PM »
I just discovered that I have a few mini armies :blink: They started just by acquiring multiples of the same pony. They were all accidental. I might look into recruiting more troops for some of the armies though :P

I do too and a lot of this happened to me when I was buying lots trying to get several ponies at once when I first started collecting.

Post Merge: May 01, 2013, 06:28:50 PM

Dont know if this is considered an army, but I seem to have a lot of G4 Pinkie Pies from collecting variants. =) Currently have 13 different released toys, a plushie, a crystal keychain, lots of different Pinkie blindbag variants, some socks, the enterplay box, and few of the toys on my want list if they are officially released! I have two more Pinkies on the way: the masquerade 3.5 inch and the newly discovered black & white FS from Taobao! My husband actually really loves pinkie pie! ^-^

Yes that would be a wonderful army of Pinkie!! LOL

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2013, 02:23:33 PM »
Mine was kind of by accident :P

I needed "models" for my Megan & Sundance wear...so Megans and Sundances were required. Now there is a lot of outfits so I could justify quite a few members of this army. But after there were enough Megans & Sundances in situ...I just couldnt stop buying them anyway :)

As for the comb and brush army...there is no reason, no justification...its just an addiction. :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2013, 02:40:14 PM »
Mine was a total accident. While AJ is my favorite G4 character, I didn't set out to collect just her. However I do collect Blind Bags, randomly picking bags. As you can see from the picture, in the army thread. I've snagged more than a few of BB AJ.

Going to let it ride and keep adding to my army.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal