collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: kitty kitty kittens fans?  (Read 1098 times)

theamazingfetus

• Trade Count: (0)
kitty kitty kittens fans?
« on: April 30, 2013, 09:15:19 AM »
I have a kitty kitty kitten plush which I use as a sort of mascot toy that I bring all over with me and take photos of him (Jeff) in various places. The problem is that.... he's floppy. and he really needs to be restuffed but I don't know what to restuff him with or where to uh, "make the incision", so to speak.
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/192/1/a/jeff_at_santa_monica_by_theamazingfetus-d56uvsf.jpg

Here is Jeff. Yes, I know that his ears are folded down, I made him a scottish fold cat on purpose. :)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: kitty kitty kittens fans?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 09:43:36 AM »
:O I want him. So bad.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 09:53:54 AM »
Love! I just got two new ladies from the lovely Wystearya, and here's the rest of mine! So cute that he travels, I'd love to see more of his journeys! All of mine are floppy, the first set were stuffed with beans so they're all that way, and the second ones had water bladders, almost all of which have dried up and/or popped so they're mostly floppy too. I think it's cute!  ^.^

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tornadoe

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 10:10:25 AM »
the ones with water bladders are a danger to health as the water goes stagnent among other things. Best thing to do is remove the bladder and replace with stuffing
Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen cloesly..

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 10:13:19 AM »
He looks just like mine (except cleaner). Mine had the water bladder but it's dried up. Poor kitty just hangs out in my childhood toybox waiting for the day I might clean him up and give him to my maybe future kids.

theamazingfetus

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 10:21:57 AM »
rhini- those bunnies you have in the background are too cute. I remember having more of them as a kid but sadly, Jeff is the sole survivor of my childhood purring kitten collection.

I have more photos of jeff here:
http://www.superhell.theamazingfet.us/wheresjeff.html
he serves the purpose of being one of the main characters of a book I wrote, so theres your explanation as to why he's flat stanleying all over the western hemisphere.

I don't think he had a water bladder, when I 'squish' him, it just feels like I'm squishing on tissue paper so he's definitely not filled with beans either. I mostly want to re-stuff him so he'll be easier to take photos of, he just kind of falls on his floppy face right now. Though for dedication to the 90's standard of plush toys, (anyone else remember.... beanie babies? XD) I'll try hunting down some beans to do it properly.

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 10:36:44 AM »
I don't think it will hurt him to fill him with beans.  Hopefully the beans do the trick and help him stay up for you!

I like how floppy they are.  Mine one sits and looks like his head is a tilted to the side sometimes.  It's cute.

I just picked up a friend for mine recently.  It's a "Playful Kitties".  Unforunately it looks like the battery part has been ripped out so he doesn't work anymore. Not even sure what he was supposed to do lol.  I saw his eyes and nose and noticed that it looked like my Kitty Kitty Kitten.

Rhini- I'm in love with your picture!  They are so adorable.  I want to grab them all up in one big kitty hug.  (yes I know there are other animals besides the cats but I love that cat ones a lot lol).

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 02:02:13 PM »
Best of luck fixing him!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 02:17:19 PM »
the ones with water bladders are a danger to health as the water goes stagnent among other things. Best thing to do is remove the bladder and replace with stuffing

I always thought that it was an air bubble!
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 02:18:21 PM »

I always thought that it was an air bubble!
Well most are now xD

I checked all mine and all the water has evaporated or the bubble has popped.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 07:37:13 PM »
I don't actively collect these, but they make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside because they were among my favorite childhood toys. :)

I've always wondered if I should do something about the water bladders... I'm almost certain that all of mine had the water. I actually had no idea that they were made any other way until reading this thread!

I keep thinking I should restore my childhood Chris... Chris the calico. Poor guy is just about the saddest thing you ever did see. I carried him around for an entire year, I did! I love him! :heart:

Offline TrixieStix

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 07:45:07 PM »
Oh my goodness!!

I love love loved my kitty kitty kittens :heart:

It's great to see photos of them
I don't actively collect these, but they make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside because they were among my favorite childhood toys. :)

This!!  :lol:

If I am remembering correctly, I had (of the kitties) the Calico, a snow leopard one?  an orange kitty, and a few more plus the white rabbit with the brown/yellow spot on it's head like in Rhini's picture!!

I really hope I still have them....:heart: I'll have to look around in June.

theamazingfetus Jeff in the Bahamas!! I want to go toooo

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 06:44:17 PM »
Here are my two.  The one on the left is my new one.  He's actually a Playful Kitty I think.  Same company and time period of the Kitty Kitty Kittens.  Unfortunately his battery box has been ripped out and the wire remains.  Perhaps he can be fixed?  Anyway, here is the picture of them.  Butterscotch on the left is giving Oreo a bath. :)

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 06:48:21 PM »
Dawww oreo is adorable! I want one  :biggrin:

I have two more on the way to me now, yay!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 09:02:40 PM »
Here are my two.  The one on the left is my new one.  He's actually a Playful Kitty I think.  Same company and time period of the Kitty Kitty Kittens.  Unfortunately his battery box has been ripped out and the wire remains.  Perhaps he can be fixed?  Anyway, here is the picture of them.  Butterscotch on the left is giving Oreo a bath. :)

*dies*

:lovey: :lovey: :lovey:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal