collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 17  (Read 44552 times)

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 17
« Reply #1350 on: June 04, 2013, 05:14:24 AM »
We have an abundance of Skelitas here. I guess she isn't popular, because she looks too monster-y and isn't pink.

Offline sakuralu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: June 04, 2013, 05:17:04 AM »
for information toys'r us France has cancelled the presale for Catty Noir

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: June 04, 2013, 05:20:35 AM »
My original plan was to only buy the Signature version of each doll.  Then I decided that since I liked the boys so much and there were so few of them, I would buy any version of the boys.  Now I am seriously having a hard time saying no to Dawn of the Dance Lagoona.  If I buy her, it'll open the floodgates, I just know it.
~Sales~ :socks: Wants~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #1353 on: June 04, 2013, 05:35:36 AM »
We have an abundance of Skelitas here. I guess she isn't popular, because she looks too monster-y and isn't pink.

I saw one Skelita when I went to the city last week (the only one I've ever seen in stores). This was after checking 5 Walmarts, a TRU, and 2 Dominions (Newfoundland's Superstore). I had previously decided I didn't want her, because every picture I've ever seen of her, either promo or by an arena member, has made her look really wall-eyed. But the one I saw in person was perfect, and I really considered getting her.... until I brought her to a price checker and she was $30. >.> Yay for Canadian pricing.

Poney M

« Reply #1354 on: June 04, 2013, 10:00:54 AM »
Yeah, Skelitas sell poorly. Too bad I don't want her either, because she's very easy to find  :lol:

But OMG, my friend who works at a toy store is gonna deal me some dolls, with discount. I'm finally getting my Picture Day Frankie <3

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: June 04, 2013, 11:20:33 AM »

Yeah, I've seen a lot of parents pull their girls away from the MH shelf because Skelita was on there and "you're not getting such a disgusting skeleton doll!"
Apparently girls are not supposed to like fashionable skeletons or else they'd turn into them or something like that  *eyeroll*

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #1356 on: June 04, 2013, 11:36:19 AM »
I know my mother would never have allowed me to have Skellita when I was growing up. Too morbid for her I guess. Skellita ended up being the very first MH I bought. I found the skeleton body fascinating. First thing I did was crochet her a frilly flamenco skirt and a tube top with ruffles to show off her non-existent belly.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: June 04, 2013, 11:42:40 AM »

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: June 04, 2013, 11:45:28 AM »
I see Skelita at Walmart fairly often. I think she's neat and would buy her if it weren't for the doll being so badly wall-eyed. But I guess I can understand why parents wouldn't like her. She is kind of morbid.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: June 04, 2013, 11:48:22 AM »
I wasn't a fan of Skelita at first, but I was starting to like her the more I saw her on the shelf. And after seeing a pic of her that Hamsteh took/did, I caved in and ordered her from Amazon. xD

In my area, you would sooner see her on the shelf in comparison to Jinafire ( only saw her on at a store sbout eight or nine times since she was released, but seen Skelita at least 25+), but I would say Skelita isn't much of a shelf warmer. Especially compared to Catrine and Abbey, who I always see at a Walmart.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Flutterwonder13

« Reply #1360 on: June 04, 2013, 01:19:17 PM »
Ugh, the overprotective parent strikes again. Yes, it's the skeletal system. No, it's not going to throw your kid down the path of doom and scar them for life.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: June 04, 2013, 01:41:32 PM »
When I was a little girl I had those:
http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/22740-/Street_Sharks1-620x.jpg
http://www.vegatransports.com.au/2001/jpark3/trex.jpg
http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/FOB/PYGO/GOHMAY5Z/FOBPYGOGOHMAY5Z.LARGE.jpg

I think my parents would have just bought her for me without even asking XD
Yeah, Skelitas sell poorly. Too bad I don't want her either, because she's very easy to find  :lol:

Oh my! Street sharks! I remember those! I didn't have them though.

But OMG, my friend who works at a toy store is gonna deal me some dolls, with discount. I'm finally getting my Picture Day Frankie <3

OMG, which toy store? Are PD2.0 in Finland already?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 01:45:04 PM by Nana-Rena »

Offline Sprinkles

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Cynosure

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: June 04, 2013, 03:23:37 PM »
The Die-ner is up on Target's site!

http://www.target.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/p/monster-high-die-ner-draculaura-playset-doll/-/A-14499836

I see Operetta in that last picture, so can I assume that they're both sold in this playset? I need them both. :c

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #1364 on: June 04, 2013, 03:35:37 PM »
The Die-ner is up on Target's site!

http://www.target.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/p/monster-high-die-ner-draculaura-playset-doll/-/A-14499836

I see Operetta in that last picture, so can I assume that they're both sold in this playset? I need them both. :c

There is a version of the playset that has her, but it's a store exclusive. Costco or Walmart maybe? I can't remember but I don't think it's Target. They just show her in the promos to have another doll in the set up. They did the same with the general release of Ghoulia's scooter and Draculaura's powder room.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal