collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 17  (Read 45921 times)

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 17
« Reply #1110 on: May 27, 2013, 09:22:33 PM »
I think 13W will probably spread out like Scaris did, when they first started showing up, people (including me) were panicking over Jinafire & Skelita never ever going to stay on shelves for long, now they're practically common now kinda.

Seeing how Swimline Venus was usually cherry picked from shelves of some of the stores that carry them, I'm scared that it'll be that way with this Venus too, UNLESS They are widely spread and available to all retail stores and not limited to some.

Abbey/Heath pack on the other hand may be what's hard to find.
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 28, 2013, 12:47:58 AM »
Yeah, I'm really dreading hunting down the Heath/Abbey set.

Offline sakuralu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 28, 2013, 03:27:27 AM »
Catty Noir is now on presale on toysrus.fr and the sipping is planned for July 15th

There is no picture and it's not written "catty noir", it's called "monster high Vendredi 13" (Friday 13th)

When you read the description, it easy to see that it's Catty :p

I translate it for you

"Black panther with long fuchsia pink hair, she sneaks as a shadow some Friday nights. Wearing her long silver boots, her short dress with train, she is a queen in her world, the glamorous and mysterious Ghoul of Friday 13th.

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 28, 2013, 03:44:46 AM »
Catty Noir is now on presale on toysrus.fr and the sipping is planned for July 15th

I don't mind getting the dolls earlier, but why is mattel realesing everything prior to their published realease date?

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 28, 2013, 03:58:33 AM »

I don't mind getting the dolls earlier, but why is mattel realesing everything prior to their published realease date?

That is a good question. I would like to know this too.

Offline sakuralu

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 28, 2013, 07:24:16 AM »
to make money I suppose

cleverLC

« Reply #1116 on: May 28, 2013, 08:25:32 AM »
I think 13W will probably spread out like Scaris did, when they first started showing up, people (including me) were panicking over Jinafire & Skelita never ever going to stay on shelves for long, now they're practically common now kinda.

Seeing how Swimline Venus was usually cherry picked from shelves of some of the stores that carry them, I'm scared that it'll be that way with this Venus too, UNLESS They are widely spread and available to all retail stores and not limited to some.

Abbey/Heath pack on the other hand may be what's hard to find.

I don't suppose anyone would like to hold an Abbey/Heath until Sept/Oct for me?  I can pay for it then.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 28, 2013, 10:20:51 AM »

This is not so unusual-  they generally get estimated receipt dates from the factory- and probably provide people with later than anticipated dates so that they don't freak out when the dolls are three weeks later than expected instead of a month early.

I also like that they are doing pre-sales for some of the more highly sought dolls- I think it cuts down on scalping.

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 28, 2013, 12:04:21 PM »
Is it old news that the two pack Abbey doesn't have tinsel?
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: May 28, 2013, 12:14:43 PM »
Apologies if this has already been said (I don't remember reading it, but I could have missed a post ^^;), but Picture Day wave 2 is out in England!! I saw 'em at TRU tonight. (I also saw RM Clawdeen, who I hadn't seen here before, for the record :B) Is it just me, or does PD Frankie have bigger eyes than normal? Something about her face just seems 'off' to me.

I also had my first encounter with a scalper >.> They practically pounced on the PD dolls. (Honestly I'm surprised I haven't seen a scalper before now XD 's prolly because I tend to go doll-hunting quite late in the day) I think a TRU employee told them off though. Damn scalpers :|.

Offline cazz25

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: May 28, 2013, 12:16:44 PM »
Apologies if this has already been said (I don't remember reading it, but I could have missed a post ^^;), but Picture Day wave 2 is out in England!! I saw 'em at TRU tonight. (I also saw RM Clawdeen, who I hadn't seen here before, for the record :B) Is it just me, or does PD Frankie have bigger eyes than normal? Something about her face just seems 'off' to me.

I also had my first encounter with a scalper >.> They practically pounced on the PD dolls. (Honestly I'm surprised I haven't seen a scalper before now XD 's prolly because I tend to go doll-hunting quite late in the day) I think a TRU employee told them off though. Damn scalpers :|.

Thanks for letting me know  :), I'll have to check my TRU fingers crossed!

Aaryana

« Reply #1121 on: May 28, 2013, 12:54:14 PM »
I'm sure right after I click "post" someone will come with the pictures you want, but.......

......I think it's a bit too early for pics of PD Operetta next to her DDG doll.

I've only heard of two maybe three of us who have managed to find her (plenty of PD Frankies and Lagoona though :P)  Odds aren't great those two or three people have the DDG doll too.

Okay, someone prove me wrong:)

Just for the record, I LOVE the PD version, myself.  The hair is EPIC.  Clothes are neat too.  None of the DDG dolls do a thing for me:(

And, yet, how would I know for sure if I didn't ask? Maybe it is too early but no harm in asking just in case.

papier

« Reply #1122 on: May 28, 2013, 12:54:28 PM »
Apologies if this has already been said (I don't remember reading it, but I could have missed a post ^^;), but Picture Day wave 2 is out in England!! I saw 'em at TRU tonight.

Awesome!! Thanks for the alert!

jemima1985

« Reply #1123 on: May 28, 2013, 01:01:44 PM »
Also in the Uk,  I found all the wave 2 picture day dolls in boots today  :)

Offline vortex1310

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 28, 2013, 01:06:57 PM »
Exciting to see things popping into stores.

Seems the same here, tons of Headless teacher, 2 Lagoonas, and 3 Frankies, No Operetta so far......

I can't wait to see Scarah! I was soooo dissapointed in her being an exclusive. I was one of the many who waited, refreshed, put her in the cart, and bam, she was gone.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal