collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 17  (Read 45961 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 17
« Reply #840 on: May 17, 2013, 07:30:09 PM »
Please tell me someone didn't just take Catrine's head off straight from the box, or returned her to the store headless? ;_;
She reminds me of one of Sid's (from Toy Story) creations. xD:
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #841 on: May 17, 2013, 07:52:06 PM »
You aren't crazy.

That remains to be seen.. just wait til I get my hands on a Twyla!! You'll see me go crazy then, LOL!! :D

Gurl! Don't even! I'm going to be a little girl when I get my hands on all these new dolls.
I've FINALLY got a Fearleading Ghoulia in the mail.
You wait until I get GNO Lagoona and 13 Wishes Lagoona. Let the fangirl squeeing begin!

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #842 on: May 17, 2013, 07:53:04 PM »
poked into walmart today....no luck with anything new...boo.
But I did find what I think this is the saddest doll I have seen in store to date

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Stores never look at returns, let me tell you. I found a completely tangled haired DT1 Clawdeen with Spectra's top and a bratz skirt in a 1600 box, taped with scotch tape in walmart, the Werecat twins in Kmart without accessories (they wouldn't sell them to me- apparently if it's not in their system they can't sell it, but can take in as a return?), and wednes in Target I found a badly tangled (again) DDG Spectra, in only her dress, in a PowerGhoul box, just kind of shoved in there.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 17, 2013, 07:54:04 PM »
TRU is positively nasty lately, too! I bought GNO Spectra yesterday during the sale. She was 22ish down from $30 as per their in-store scanner. Today she's $35. Overnight price increase less than a week after the dolls came out? Mean!

:like: Yeah, TRU markets itself as all happy and brightly coloured and fun, but in reality? Just a big freakin' meanypants! :razz:
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #844 on: May 17, 2013, 07:54:36 PM »
That's.....so sad.  She's a totally different type of monster now :/

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 17, 2013, 07:56:45 PM »
I actually find Headless Catrine rather funny. I mean, I'm saddened to think someone would steal her head, if that's the case. On the other hand, though, I find it hilarious that Walmart actually put her out for sale like that. Could you tell if she was a return or not?

Is it wrong that I wanna see if I could get away with something like that? Just to see if they'd actually take it back with something obviously missing?
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #846 on: May 17, 2013, 07:59:31 PM »
They would. I pointed out one of the bad dolls to a manager?
She told me "Oh, no it's fine"
"But she's not, look at the box"
"Oh Doll art never matches"
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

jupiternwndrlnd

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #847 on: May 17, 2013, 08:16:03 PM »
from the look of her, someone opened her in store (cause she was still half open) and snatched her head

lousy head snatchers!!

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #848 on: May 17, 2013, 08:38:20 PM »
I am one of those people who has to have everything to complete a collection but Right now I am not really wanting the "It's a Live Girls" Since I do not find them appealing at all. Would my Collection be Complete with out them?
I also do not hae the CAM Lab since it has not shown up in my area at all and I feel that time is running out for that since its last years thing.
TRU is positively nasty lately, too! I bought GNO Spectra yesterday during the sale. She was 22ish down from $30 as per their in-store scanner. Today she's $35. Overnight price increase less than a week after the dolls came out? Mean!

:like: Yeah, TRU markets itself as all happy and brightly coloured and fun, but in reality? Just a big freakin' meanypants! :razz:

We have a Toysrus opening in our area in the next few months. I really need a job and I've applied online and went to their career fair and I am assuming they just threw out my resume after getting their quota. I am assuming this because the company that is assisting me to find a job is talking with them and they had not heard of me nor had any of my information in their systems.
Yes ToysRus is a BIG MEANIE! :(
Bye Bye Dream Job!
lol

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 17, 2013, 08:59:36 PM »
I work in a store that has a small selection of toys (just recently got in our first case of MH dolls :rolleyes:) and I was cleaning them up today.  I kept telling myself, "I don't know how the people at TRU do this everyday!"  Every Barbie I would stand up, would topple over and take 5 others down with her!  Plus the children use the section like a toy box and when mommy comes to pick them up (because mommy uses the toy section as Day Care -_-) they run off leaving everything a mess!  There is NO WAY I could work at TRU, no matter how much I love their stuff and need a discount (if employees get one?)

I'm a completetionist, Sunnie, and I consider my collection complete without the Ghoul's Alive line:)  While I do have the faceless CAMs and Lab, I could see a collection without them being complete too.  A collection being complete or not is up to the collector.  But I wouldn't feel badly about not having the GA line :yucky:  The only doll I'm missing is SDCC Frankie, and I still consider my collection complete.  She's just a variant, after all:)
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline SunnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/sunniebunny/MLP%204%20TRADE/
« Reply #850 on: May 17, 2013, 09:04:27 PM »
Thanks Justkitter!

If the GA go one sale or clearance I may just get them if not Meh they are so BLAH! lol Thanks!

My Monster High OC of Myself Sunnie Bunny with My Custom TMNT

Offline eristell_neko

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 17, 2013, 09:13:20 PM »
I am one of those people who has to have everything to complete a collection but Right now I am not really wanting the "It's a Live Girls" Since I do not find them appealing at all. Would my Collection be Complete with out them?
I also do not hae the CAM Lab since it has not shown up in my area at all and I feel that time is running out for that since its last years thing.

We have a Toysrus opening in our area in the next few months. I really need a job and I've applied online and went to their career fair and I am assuming they just threw out my resume after getting their quota. I am assuming this because the company that is assisting me to find a job is talking with them and they had not heard of me nor had any of my information in their systems.
Bye Bye Dream Job!
lol

Believe me when I say working at TRU is NOT a dream job. It is so super stressful. Crazy parents, kids that run around and tear up shelves and break stuff, drooling or crying babies, stock that doesn't come in on time, stock that we get way too much of, corporate demanding impossible goals, cut backs on available hours, cleaning all sorts of stuff. Ugh. List could go on. But, at the same time I do have a lot of amazing customers and co-workers. I have some regulars who I've watched their kids grow up. It's also nice to see all the new toys and games coming out, and I like being able to help friends out by buying things for them when they need it, or finding a store that has what they want.

But yeah. Maybe it's because I've had a very long unexpected shift and my ankles are killing me, but there are MUCH better jobs than at TRU. lol

But yeah, Sunnie good luck on finding a new job! ^^

On another note!!!!!

My store just got a shipment of HHB in! Yay! So if you're in the North Dallas TX and surrounding suburbs area the TRU in Allen has her. Also, her UPC is 746775268763, so those of you who want to try to see if their local stores have her there you go! I'm super excited because first thing tomorrow I'm going to put one on layaway. *dance*

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #852 on: May 17, 2013, 09:24:08 PM »
I would say so. I don't really consider them dolls so much as doll-shaped gimmicks, like those pens with the brushable hair. Maybe if they had actual new outfits...

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 17, 2013, 09:27:20 PM »

Bye Bye Dream Job!
lol
For a collection, I say it's all how you see your guidelines. I'll use my collection as an example.

I mostly (only) go for the "Signature" release dolls, meaning if it's their first release with their original outfit, I gotta have it in my collection. So far I'd say my collection is somewhat "Complete" because I have every ghoul who has been released so far (From Frankie to Caterine so far). The only person I'm missing is just Scarah (In which I'll be getting I Heart Fashion Version to fill her place).

Later on, I added CAMs into my collection and the same rule goes to them, gotta have each release of them so far released (only missing Ice/Blob but found a store that has them and the Torso pack)

Before I ramble on, I say you're collection seems fine and to me I think it's complete, even if you don't get the Ghouls Alive dolls. To me, they're kinda like the Crystal Motion ponies version of MH. :P

As for the Design Lab (or all CAMs in general), were you planning on just keeping them MiB/Opened or have 2 of each? I think some stores still have them in their shelves.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

animal_lover

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #854 on: May 17, 2013, 09:43:05 PM »
Everyone is talking about how expensive toys r us is and I agree they are. But don't they price match?

Post Merge: May 17, 2013, 09:45:36 PM

And all the stores by me are flooded with the cam lab. CAMS don't seem to sell very well here.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:45:36 PM by animal_lover »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal