collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 17  (Read 45346 times)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 17
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2013, 08:48:47 AM »
Matty collector is NOTORIOUS for the WOD or frozen screens or seling out immediately. fans have been complaining at the he-man.org forums for years. They're partnered with Digital River and neither company is very willing to change much to fix it, BUT believe it or not, it is so much better than it used to be. In the past sometimes people got double and quadruple charged on their credit cards and still ended up with no merchandise.

I doubt they'll have it fixed for the SDCC exclusive so 'd recommend evil bay....sad as it is to say, your chances are better....or if you're rich do both and if you end up wth doubles sell em off
 :biggrin:

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2013, 08:50:05 AM »
If it's right after the con the prices on ebay, while high, are not as high as they'll go later........correct????   Am I right in thinking this?

I believe it's like that. I know with the SDCC Ditzy Doo, she was being sold on eBay for $40-50 during that weekend she was sold at the con last year, same with some other exclusives.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2013, 08:52:15 AM »
I just hope they don't have that 6 per person thing again! It sounded like a great idea in communities like ours as people who were going were thinking they could get extras to help out friends/ fellow members  but what it actually did was enable the vendors to get more and turn around and resell them at inflated prices. I think I remember someone saying the vendors were able to get theirs earlier than the crowds but don't quote me on that!

Mattycollector says it does ship internationally as long as the US doesn't have a trades sanction in place with your country: I don't know if that appplies to SDCC exclusives though.

They do ship internationally for exclusives. Some people from the UK got Scarah last year.

Post Merge: April 30, 2013, 09:24:30 AM

Two more exclusives revealed today and neither are MH. Just watch, it will be revealed Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if the exclusive isn't a doll we are expecting or thought of. Lol
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 09:24:30 AM by Bow Tie »
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2013, 10:55:34 AM »
If it's right after the con the prices on ebay, while high, are not as high as they'll go later........correct????   Am I right in thinking this?

I believe it's like that. I know with the SDCC Ditzy Doo, she was being sold on eBay for $40-50 during that weekend she was sold at the con last year, same with some other exclusives.

If that is the case I'll probably go ebay as well and just stomach the custom fees on that.. at least if it's a doll that I want. (I still hope it will be a re-dressed/re-coloured existing character)

Offline keylimepony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Kiwi Tart
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2013, 11:10:43 AM »
My fingers are crossed that is is not InvsiBilly. I'm already worried enough about having to hunt down Heath. But I really think the SDCC doll will be a girl (or a two pack like Scarah if there's a boy included).
Thank you TwistedRainbow for my avatar and RainbowJuice for my signature!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2013, 11:34:04 AM »
My fingers are crossed that is is not InvsiBilly. I'm already worried enough about having to hunt down Heath. But I really think the SDCC doll will be a girl (or a two pack like Scarah if there's a boy included).

oh please not Invsibilly! or another boy i want... I have limits on what i can spend.... please dont be anything i want  :yikes:

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2013, 11:40:38 AM »
Haha, I would do the same! I liked InvisiBilly from the second I saw him. xD :heart: I was somewhat tempted last year to try and get Scarah on MattyCollector, but I felt I wouldn't have a chance at getting her. ^^

I sure hope Mattel learns from last year's sell-out situation, and at least increase the number of them being made (and of course not allow vendors to buy up nearly the whole stock before the doors open). I remember when I was on another MH forum during that Comic Con weekend, some members who were at CC were very frustrated about it and said they weren't going to bother getting future SDCC MH exclusives because of it. I was so disappointed that Mattel actually let that situation happen. :(

Mattel doesn't care. Bottom line is they get the money, don't much care where it comes from. I believe there have been people from Mattel who have said as much. It's awful, and cruel... but sadly that's big business. Nothing much matters so long as the dollar figures are good :/.

*sob* S'true -_-

But upping the number produced = more profit for Mattel, rather than more profit to dealers... I can't really see a downside to doing that. Mattel haven't ever officially said what the LE number is on the exclusives, right? They could produce more and we wouldn't even know, aside from it being potentially easier to get one. I know they want to feed the collector market by doing LE exclusives, but if they turn off fans with their handling of the exclusive, that isn't good...
Upping the number produced might lead to a further deterioration of quality control :(

Frankie Stein

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2013, 12:46:21 PM »
I cant wait to see what this years CC doll is  :joy:

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2013, 01:07:47 PM »
Haha, I would do the same! I liked InvisiBilly from the second I saw him. xD :heart: I was somewhat tempted last year to try and get Scarah on MattyCollector, but I felt I wouldn't have a chance at getting her. ^^

I sure hope Mattel learns from last year's sell-out situation, and at least increase the number of them being made (and of course not allow vendors to buy up nearly the whole stock before the doors open). I remember when I was on another MH forum during that Comic Con weekend, some members who were at CC were very frustrated about it and said they weren't going to bother getting future SDCC MH exclusives because of it. I was so disappointed that Mattel actually let that situation happen. :(

Mattel doesn't care. Bottom line is they get the money, don't much care where it comes from. I believe there have been people from Mattel who have said as much. It's awful, and cruel... but sadly that's big business. Nothing much matters so long as the dollar figures are good :/.

*sob* S'true -_-

But upping the number produced = more profit for Mattel, rather than more profit to dealers... I can't really see a downside to doing that. Mattel haven't ever officially said what the LE number is on the exclusives, right? They could produce more and we wouldn't even know, aside from it being potentially easier to get one. I know they want to feed the collector market by doing LE exclusives, but if they turn off fans with their handling of the exclusive, that isn't good...
Upping the number produced might lead to a further deterioration of quality control :(
  Mattel has said the LE # for MH . I remember reading the LE number for exclusives WAS 5000 dolls  for frankie and ghoulia but  i am not sure about scarah.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:09:44 PM by mistic_imp »

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2013, 02:17:30 PM »

Ugh haha, now that's true  >_<

Mattel has said the LE # for MH . I remember reading the LE number for exclusives WAS 5000 dolls  for frankie and ghoulia but  i am not sure about scarah.

Thanks! Hm, interesting!
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2013, 03:04:00 PM »
Yesyesyesyesyesyes! *Does Twilight happy impression*
I've been saving up for this years SDCC and I simply can't wait for it to be revealed!!!
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Okiedokieloki

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2013, 04:35:31 PM »
Lol, I finally get to check the MH thread after all day, and seeing that it has jumped up by 5 pages since the last time I looked I was expecting the SDCC doll to have been announced. But it's just discussion on what people hope/don't hope it will be. XD

Ugh haha, now that's true  >_<

Thanks! Hm, interesting!

I can't remember the exact number of Scarahs that were released last year, but I know it wasn't 5000. That's why she was so hard to get compared to previous dolls. I think they only had about 500 for each day of the con last year (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and then another couple hundred up on the matteycollector site afterwards. So maybe between 2000 and 2500? If they do that number again it'll be a nightmare this year if it's a really sought after doll.

Aaryana

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2013, 04:58:19 PM »
Omg I just got wave 1 Frankie, Lala, Clawdeen, and Ghoulia!

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2013, 05:05:58 PM »

Congrats! I just got wave one lagoona, toralei and ghoulia myself!  High five!

Aaryana

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2013, 05:28:57 PM »

Congrats! I just got wave one lagoona, toralei and ghoulia myself!  High five!

Did you find yours in a store? I got mine at Walmart. I don't need them. Are they worth putting on eBay still?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal