collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 17  (Read 44608 times)

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High Discussion 17
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2013, 11:14:07 PM »
Haha, I would do the same! I liked InvisiBilly from the second I saw him. xD :heart: I was somewhat tempted last year to try and get Scarah on MattyCollector, but I felt I wouldn't have a chance at getting her. ^^

I sure hope Mattel learns from last year's sell-out situation, and at least increase the number of them being made (and of course not allow vendors to buy up nearly the whole stock before the doors open). I remember when I was on another MH forum during that Comic Con weekend, some members who were at CC were very frustrated about it and said they weren't going to bother getting future SDCC MH exclusives because of it. I was so disappointed that Mattel actually let that situation happen. :(

Mattel doesn't care. Bottom line is they get the money, don't much care where it comes from. I believe there have been people from Mattel who have said as much. It's awful, and cruel... but sadly that's big business. Nothing much matters so long as the dollar figures are good :/.

*sob* S'true -_-

But upping the number produced = more profit for Mattel, rather than more profit to dealers... I can't really see a downside to doing that. Mattel haven't ever officially said what the LE number is on the exclusives, right? They could produce more and we wouldn't even know, aside from it being potentially easier to get one. I know they want to feed the collector market by doing LE exclusives, but if they turn off fans with their handling of the exclusive, that isn't good...
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2013, 12:09:08 AM »
Like mejohnsson I also reeeeally wanted to go to ComicCon. My fiance promised me that when we move to the US fo a year in 2014 I get to go and he will go with me, so squee!

Wher do people preoder the exclusive dolls? Or where can you get them after Comic Con?

I am international, so here's to hoping many of the sites have international shipping.

JustHereForPictures

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2013, 04:19:32 AM »
In a similar vein to Nana-Rena.

Mattycollector says they've got a few to be sold.

Can I, as an international collector, buy one directly from them and have them ship it internationally?

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2013, 04:31:54 AM »
In a similar vein to Nana-Rena.

Mattycollector says they've got a few to be sold.

Can I, as an international collector, buy one directly from them and have them ship it internationally?

Last year, in the after-con rush, international IP addresses got through the "internet waiting line" first. Everyone I know that got through was international, but I stayed "in line" for over 40 minutes just to be told no.

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2013, 04:33:33 AM »
*fist pump*

That sucks for you, but if they ship internationally then I am there.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2013, 04:47:37 AM »
 I just hope they don't have that 6 per person thing again! It sounded like a great idea in communities like ours as people who were going were thinking they could get extras to help out friends/ fellow members  but what it actually did was enable the vendors to get more and turn around and resell them at inflated prices. I think I remember someone saying the vendors were able to get theirs earlier than the crowds but don't quote me on that!

Mattycollector says it does ship internationally as long as the US doesn't have a trades sanction in place with your country: I don't know if that appplies to SDCC exclusives though.

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2013, 04:50:15 AM »
*fist pump*

That sucks for you, but if they ship internationally then I am there.

Me tooooo-- xD

Pony_Mommy

« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2013, 05:43:05 AM »
I have friends who went to SDCC last year and Scarah was totally sold out I believe it was within a few hours on the first day of the con and they never put more out. He said it was impossible to get her if you didn't have early access to the show.

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2013, 05:44:48 AM »
Me three! Now to just register on Mattycollector.

I realize this is no guarantee for success, but it's my best chance, since I am not going to be at Comic Con this year or even the next, maybe, unless my fiance agrees to go early.

Post Merge: April 30, 2013, 05:46:05 AM

I have friends who went to SDCC last year and Scarah was totally sold out I believe it was within a few hours on the first day of the con and they never put more out. He said it was impossible to get her if you didn't have early access to the show.

UGH, I really hate when things like this happen. Really, what is the point of a con exclusive if people going to the con can't get it?

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2013, 05:57:19 AM »
How do you register? I thought you'd need to subscribe or something and that not everyone could do this? Or are there free accounts like with every online store as well - But those get later access or something? Help? xD;

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2013, 06:19:26 AM »
Last year I logged into MattyCollector, put Scarah in my cart, got stuck in queue, and when it took me to the pay screen she was sold out. I'm doing what I did with That Pony last year and paying someone on eBay to pick the exclusives up for me.  I have friends going, but I wouldn't make them stand in heinous lines for me and not enjoy the con for anything in the world.

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2013, 06:53:29 AM »
How do you register? I thought you'd need to subscribe or something and that not everyone could do this? Or are there free accounts like with every online store as well - But those get later access or something? Help? xD;

Oh, oops, I meant subscribe. Sorry my bad  :blush:

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2013, 07:08:54 AM »

Oh, oops, I meant subscribe. Sorry my bad  :blush:

No, no.. I meant, how to you subscribe/register/whatever IN GENERAL.. xD; I don't seem to find a place where I can open an account of any sort with them? ;_;

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2013, 07:09:46 AM »
Last year I logged into MattyCollector, put Scarah in my cart, got stuck in queue, and when it took me to the pay screen she was sold out.

Same thing happened to me last year. I had all my payment and shipping information preloaded from the night before and was able to add a few Scarahs to my cart the second they appeared on the website, but it lagged on the order confirmation screen and she was sold out by the time it finally put me through. I think they were all gone in roughly 10 minutes after going up.

The first two years' exclusives were a cakewalk when compared to last year's madness, and I'm not looking forward to the scramble again this time around if it's a new character. Last year I just caved and went to a reseller on ebay, and I'll probably do it again this year if the exclusive is something like Wydowna or Invisi Billy. I'm really hoping it's a one-off of a character we already have though, it'll be one less thing to worry about picking up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

faunabay

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2013, 08:28:05 AM »
If it's right after the con the prices on ebay, while high, are not as high as they'll go later........correct????   Am I right in thinking this?

Love your Twyla avie Mandy!!!!  She's so sweet!   I wasn't going to get her but the more pics I see the more I want her!!   :inlove:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal