collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena sellers- what gives?  (Read 913 times)

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
Arena sellers- what gives?
« on: April 26, 2013, 12:16:14 PM »
I know I'm not the only one who has had a problem with this- one of my swappers in the girly swap mentioned this happening to her-what is up with sellers here never replying to pms? This has happened to me quite often and I don't get it. My pm has been read, but I never get a reply. I'll even post in their sales thread 'hey I pm'ed you'... still nothing. On more than one occasion this has cost them a sale, and I get the pony off ebay.
It's so frustrating! Should I just keep pm'ing them? Is there some reason maybe they don't want to sell to me? Anyone else having issues with this? -guh-
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Arena sellers- what gives?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:36:06 PM »
As a seller, I always respond to my PMs. But I have the opposite problem of having buyers who post looking for specific ponies who don't respond to my PMs. That's why I started selling on eBay.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 01:00:33 PM »
Happens to me too.. I always just assume that someone else PMd them before I did and that they don't want to bother telling everyone the item is sold, so they just delete the PMs. That or they hate me and would rather keep the item than sell it to me >.>

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 01:24:27 PM »
Yep, I'm waiting for a couple of people right now, actually. I get really annoyed with this, but I suppose anyone can get distracted and forget a pm. I've probably done it myself before now.

Maniah, I don't think anyone hates you, hon. And even if a seller dislikes someone, I would hope that most people are grown up and professional enough that the can still conduct a transaction with said person. I think it's probably mostly a case of the item is already sold but they can't be asked to let the next person in line know.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 03:38:12 PM »
I think a lot of people get easily forgetful with our messaging system.  I know I don't always check as thoroughly as I should, and I always have someone to respond to.  I probably owe a few people a reply!

Having it load up *all* the new messages in your Inbox and marking them as "read" in one swift go is a very inconvenient system, especially if you're like me and go through them one at a time.  :( 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 03:44:50 PM »
... you can change how the pm system loads for you ... it won't mark mine as read until i click it it to open it up ... as for sellers/buyer not responding, i have been having issues for the longest time with messages disappearing ... like i send one to someone, it shows as sent, i close out of PM's, go back in later and it's not there anymore ... not sent, not received, not read ... NOTHING ... i've missed out on sooooooo many mh stands :(

so it's not just a faulty 'read' system, or forgetful people ... it's a little of everything ...
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 04:23:17 PM »

so it's not just a faulty 'read' system, or forgetful people ... it's a little of everything ...

Complete agreement here! I don't genuinely believe people hate me ;) It's just a petulent moment when it happens. Kinda like little kids singing the worm song. "Nobody likes me, Everybody Hates me, Guess I'll go eat worms!"

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 05:24:07 PM »
I've been pretty lucky and always have gotten responses.

I don't see why they wouldn't wanna respond because it's a way to make some money. Unless as some of you said, the item is already sold and the are tired of telling everyone that.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 05:44:49 PM »
I sent a pm a few days ago about a pony and still have not heard anything yet. It is upsetting at times. Oh well my life goes on and guess they really do not want to talk to me or sell that pony......

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 05:55:21 PM »
I'm actually having the same issue over at the TP - I've PM'd a seller twice on two blind bags I need and have gotten nothing. Bumped their thread hoping to get their attention. Again, nothing. Really frustrating.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 08:26:52 PM »
Sometimes sellers get busy with life, I know I do! But I always try to reply within a day or two. Sometimes that can be hard though when you get busy
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 01:48:59 AM »
It has happened to me on many occassions, and it really annoys me.

Offline AnnaPommes

• glow-in-the-dark pony
  • Trade Count: (+62)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pommes cute things
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 02:17:46 AM »
i think i might be one of the bad guys here, i often oversee messages when i just send one. the window changes from the message to the inbox, the message is imidiately marked as read and i didnĀ“t even notice!
also, i want to take time for the responsem thats why i usually just answer on the weekend, and then i go though multiple pages and try to check every message if it needs responsing. that usually takes me about a half day or longer. ^^"
i guess i should stop talking and trading to soo many people when i am busy in university. ^^"   also my second hobby of costume making eats time like mad because i usually have to organize everything! (thats why i stop cosplay, this is my last year with only 2 costumes instead of 11).
and in the end,
if you miss a message from me, please feel free to message me again! and i am seriously sorry about that, in my next live, i want to be an octopus, seriously!
~ Visit the Pommes-shop ~
www.etsy.com/shop/AnnagretStudio With usefull artprints, cute decor, stationery and crafting kits!
Or linktree with more fancy things!
wonderfull avatar by the lovely Shaiyeh!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 03:37:53 AM »

Agreed!  :nod:  I really dont think there are many people who deliberately dont answer - I know (and I was guilty of this at the beginning of the year ) also that when RL kicks your butt and you get sick or busy (or both at the same time :crazy: :yikes: ) , and then the messages in your inbox mount up, then it can get to the point where buying stuff is the last thing on your mind at the time , and by the time you have time to get back to people, you've got a ton of catching up to do and sometimes you forget who you've been messaging or who you've replied to . Not that I'd deliberately not answer anyone and I'm very sorry if I've missed replying to someone :( . I've had issues with disappearing messages too  (both ones I've sent and ones people have tried to send me) - as have quite a few others, and I also have issues with all my messages getting marked as "read" and I've missed some that way. So I have to back through them every now and again and hunt out any messages I might have missed. When I'm feeling better healthwise then its much easier to manage but when I've been pretty ill then its really difficult.
There are others with the same kind of problems. I think there is no harm in sending another message if the first one doesnt get an answer  (and if you're trying to message me please do send me more than one if I havent answered the first, or ask one of the other Mods to let me know you're looking for me ! :awake: ) .
If you've tried to contact someone more than once with no response (trying to buy a pony for instance) then it might be best to find the pony elsewhere.  If you've bought something from someone and are having trouble contacting them , then you can always post a thread in here - that usually gets peoples attention, or someone will point them in the right direction

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Alatariel-Silimaure

• Rainbow Glitter Bomb Pony
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 06:23:18 AM »
I'm usually good with responding to PMs too, but I do miss some now and then or I tell someone ill look into something and then totally forget about it because ill reply on my phone while I'm not at home and forget by the time I get home >.<

Check out my Sales! MLP, Non MLP, customs, and more!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal