collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Southeast Pony Meet 2013 Thread! -August10th-  (Read 6532 times)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
Re: Southeast Pony Meet 2013 Thread! -August10th-
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2013, 10:46:32 AM »
I'm about 85 percent sure we are going unless my family has my birthday party that weekend. It's kind of a B day present to myself since my birthday is on the 8th. I was curious with most of you living there you might could give me suggestions? Where/what is a nearby decent hotel? I'm considering driving up Friday an staying Friday and Saturday. It's about an eight hour trip for me. Any nearby ones someone recommends that are decently priced?

Also Fox this will be my first meet, so I'm unsure of how the swapping or selling or whatever goes. I do know as of now I have some Nirvanas and a few MH and things I plan to brim unless they sell beforehand.

oh gosh, well I use to live there back when I was in college back in 2006, alot has changed since then. My parents still live up there so my hubby and I will be staying with them. I will ask then if they know any places that are cheap. 8 hours, where are you coming from  if you don't mind me asking?

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2013, 12:07:39 PM »
Maddie and Fox, I hope you both can make it! 

As far as the selling and trading went, those of us who wanted a table let MNN know ahead of time and she reserved one for us, and we set up all our ponies (and some non pony items).  Some people prefer to sell, and some people (probably most) are open to trades.  I traded some stuff at my table for quite a few things at other tables :D  And you don't have to have a table- you can bring as much or little as you like.  Mostly, we just have a good time hanging out together ;) 
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2013, 01:02:50 PM »
Hehe, I doubt I need a table for mine. I don't have a ton to bring. My poor small stash of things to trade will look tiny compared o everyone else's stuff. :lol:

That would be great if you would ask them Fox. I would appreciate it because I'm always worried I will pick a hotel that isn't very good. I'm coming for the central area of Arkansas. I think other than a pony meet if it popped up in Memphis this is the nearest one I've seen. Lol, we need more things in this location. >_<
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2013, 09:06:12 AM »
It's a long drive for me as well; about 7 hours or so! But worth it :). Last year I scored a load of great ponies and met a load of great people that I can't wait to see again. I may bring a few ponies to trade but I'm mostly looking forward to just hanging out with fellow pony people.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2013, 09:19:10 AM »
How many people were there when you went last year Renee? Oh, did you stay in a hotel? Which one? I need to find one that doesn't scare me. :drunk:

I think I have maybe four or five ponies total to trade so not a huge bit to carry along with me.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2013, 11:09:16 AM »
If you only have a little to bring and don't need a table, you could put your items in basket and carry them around or a few people could share a table.

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2013, 04:51:26 AM »
How many people were there when you went last year Renee? Oh, did you stay in a hotel? Which one? I need to find one that doesn't scare me.

I don't know about hotels, but there were 10 of us last year :)
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »
I have asked my family and they are keeping an eye out.

I thought about asking for a table so I could do a ' pick a pony" game.

It would be kinda like the rubber duckie grab you see at school fairs and what not. You have a table of paper ponies and you pay like $1 for one. (maybe less than a buck) you flip your pony, if there is a sticker on the back you win a prize. if there's no sticker you keep the paper pony craft you chose. The prizes would be little art pieces. That way if you win you get a paper pony, AND a pony art piece.

...... not sure if anyone would like it though.... I've gotten some really nice paper as of late and have been playing with it and ponies.

As far as pony trading itself I don't think I have all that many to trade so they may just hang with me in a basket.

ANOTHER question: is there any plans for pin the tail on the pony? I could make a large pony and tails and whoever wins gets the pony maybe? Just an idea of more activities. Another friend laughed at me when I tried telling her about this and she asked "are you sure these are adult pony arena members and not children?" I gave her an evil glare pretty similar to this  :mad:

I guess I'm a big kid at heart so I dunno, what do ya'll think, am I being too childish with these little ideas?

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2013, 06:12:18 PM »
Waaaaah! I am so behind! Hehe x3 things have been absolutely crazy here and I've had no free time to do much of anything D: I am going to try my best to respond to everyone and if I miss anything please let me know! ^^

CapnChan: those brochures look AMAZING! I just love them! :) You are awesome! :hugs:

Urocyonfox: Drawings for donations is PERFECT! Anything and everything pony related is more than welcome for prize donations :) I myself love drawings and would be ecstatic to win some by you! I also just love your game ideas! Seriously I think a Pin the Tail on the pony would be hysterical xDD It's years since I've played something like that xD I myself am more like a 11 year old at heart :) most of my money goes into cute toys and plushes. Haha xD

I will be bringing a box of ponies which I will be putting on a table for sale :) if anyone is interested in art commissions or anything like that I will do that as well :blush: also if you might be interested in a custom pony by me we can arrange that at the meet at well :D in the past years there has been LOTS of selling and trading and I always leave with bunches of goodies ^^ and while we sell and trade we hang out and chat :) it is super chillax and we all just kind of go with the flow. Lol :P I will totally make some needles to bring! ^^

And not having FB is fine! Everything as far as updates is posted here as well ^^ I have a lot of anime posters and other goodies, but I wasn't planning on bringing them to the meet unless people were interested :) I have things like a Reno action figure, various posters and scrolls, and lots of manga I want to get rid of. I literally live right across the the street from the clubhouse so I can easily walk you over there to look and see if there is anything you might like to but :) I have a couple Sailor Moon things but I think another one of my friends wants to look at it. Haha ^^

Madhatterda: wow 8 hours is a long trip! We would so love it if you could make it :D As far as hotels I will need to putter sound and look! I can't think of any right off the bat but that's because I never pay attention. I know CapnChan stayed in a hotel once and it was maybe about 15 or 20 minutes away :) would you like me to send you the address and you can look hotels close by? :) can't wait to see the goodies you bring!

As far as trading and selling it goes about just like it does at the fair ^-^ just let me know if you need a table when you RSVP and I will set it up the morning before people arrive. Trading selling at the meet is much more relaxed than the fair in the fact that you can simply get up from your table and walk around and not have to worry about anything being stolen :3

And here are the RSVPs so far!

Alicat(1 table)
kCherry(2 tables)
renee_chan

There is no rush to RSVP I just wanted to get a list started and to let those know that I got their emails ;D

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 06:22:29 PM by MonstarNomNom »
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2013, 06:26:15 PM »
I have juuuust moved in to my new place and am in the process of getting settled. once i'm all set, I'll send in an rsvp! monstar, would you mind if i stayed the night again? ^^;;
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2013, 06:35:36 PM »
I hope your move went smoothly, sweetie! Of course you can stay! ^^ as of right now that would mean you, Keikokukien, and renee_chan will be staying with me :) I have the extra futon in my room, the guest room and I can make one of brothers sleep in the basement and you can stay in their room. Haha I promise their rooms are tidy and will be made nice for whoever stays there :)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2013, 06:32:15 AM »
Alrighty, so pin the tail on the pony! which pony should I do? If everyone wants so submit a pony we can vote and I'll get on it!!!

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2013, 06:41:19 PM »
just wanted to post a picture of the "pick-a-ponies"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There are 30 ponies in total (ten earth, ten unicorn, ten pegasus), 12 of which have stickers on the back. You pay 50 cents to choose a pony. If your pony is blank on the back you keep your pony, if your pony has a sticker on the back not only do you keep your pony but you get to choose a piece of pony art as well. :3 I think they turned out pretty cute.

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2013, 02:10:21 AM »
Oh my gosh I want ALL of them! In my opinion 50 cents is way too cheap! You should definitely charge more :) I will certainly be buying a few! They are way too cute ;D

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2013, 12:12:11 PM »
my hubby said to go ahead and say RSVP and say, yes, we will be there. We are not huge jmmy-johns fans however, so we will be eating at the panda express that is near by. (we miss it ever since we moved down and the closest panda around is like 89 miles away)

As for pony price I never know what to charge (shoot I forgot to ask do we need to pay for a table? or just let you know we need one) cause these ponies take up a whole table all on their own!

I am in the process of creating the "pin the tail on the pony" board and an art piece for donation. I've also been creating a few little prizes to donate as well.

Wanted to ask if anyone is interested in doing like a mc donalds custom SWAP and we just exchange them us there? I'd love to get some customs and make some for others!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal