collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you tie your hair with pencil?  (Read 838 times)

Offline FluffleNuff

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • ME MYSELF AND PONY
    • View Profile
How do you tie your hair with pencil?
« on: April 22, 2013, 05:44:13 AM »
I watched this show called The Forbidden Kingdom on Saturday, (you know the typical boy is transported to ancient china to finish quest plot) where the main girl character (yes, she died and then a girl that looks exactly like her appeared at his homeland) ties up her hair with a jade chopstick. I've been obsessing with how to do that!

Sadly, my hair only reaches down to my shoulder blades, and is rather short. I know how people tie up their buns with a chopstick, but is anyone has any tips, please share them with me!

I've watched YouTube videos, read wikihow but still I can't tie up a bun that will stay for more than 5 seconds... Help!

Thanks!
A PONY A DAY KEEPS THE SMILES ON YOUR FACE

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Re: How do you tie your hair with pencil?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 06:01:16 AM »
Have you looked for a diagram?  That helps me a lot better than a video personally.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 07:37:33 AM »
I've always wondered how one makes a bun that stays up with ANYTHING! I have really long, slippery (very straight) and heavy hair and I don't seem to be able to make it stay up with anything. So i'll be lurking just in case :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 07:57:24 AM »
I'm afraid I'm useless. My hair is curly and I can get a bun to stay for a good while in my hair using nothing at all.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 08:10:57 AM »
I'm in the same boat... curly and stays put rather easily in a bun...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4AjiWOIEIE
I do not know if this link will work, youtube is blocked at my work. But hey if you google there are quite a few results...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

kaninchen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 08:41:06 AM »
I'm afraid I'm useless. My hair is curly and I can get a bun to stay for a good while in my hair using nothing at all.

this.  :lol:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 09:26:09 AM »
My hair is useless at staying in any style - it sometimes slips out of a basic ponytail!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 10:36:04 AM »
I have to get my sister to pit chopsticks in my hair if I want them in!  I can never do it on my own >>

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Rainsong

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 01:58:22 PM »
When I do buns, I ponytail (with soft cloth ponytail band, in a hair-matching color) my hair where I want the base of the bun, then twist my hair into a spiral until it starts to twist around the ponytail holder. Once it's done, I tuck the end under my hair, then insert the hair sticks of choice through the mass - usually one side above and the other below the ponytail holder on each stick. My hair was is long/straight when I started it, now it curls a lot - but it's so freaking fine that all my hair accessories (except ponytail holders) slide out anyways. The bun still works, though!

Offline Alexia

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://easternsunsetcreations.webs.com/
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 07:40:13 AM »
I am always twisting my hair up and using a pen (I often loose my hair ties some time during the day) or I have hair chop sticks.  My hair is extremely thin, fine and straight. It doesn't hold many hair styles for long. 

Gather all your hair like you are going to make a pony tail (or you can just to half- works well if you hair is shorter) and start twisting it. Keep twisting and you will notice that it starts to roll down on its self, allow that to happen and wrap it in a bun.  Take the pointy end of your stick (or pen) and feed it through the bun from the bottom until the end is pointing out the top.  Then lift the bottom (the point end will run against your head) and then feed the point end back down through the bun until it pokes out the bottom.  In the end my sticks always seem to point slightly to the side and not straight up and down.  The trick is to get it just tight enough to hold but not so tight as to break hair.  It also works best if your hair is slightly damp.

Does that make sense?  Feel free to message me if you have questions. Maybe I can get some one to take pictures while I do it.

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 09:33:10 AM »
This is actually something I have been wondering for quite awhile. I searched on Youtube for a good tutorial when I saw this thread and found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlzUl-OO1EA She makes it look really easy! I tried it after watching the video and was successful the few times I tried.
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

spookysage

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 02:28:58 AM »
If your hair's too short it might not work, but twisting the hair to keep it from going astray is definitely the key. Practice on a pony or doll, maybe? I see it done with two sticks too, maybe some hair types need more support?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal