collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Share A Childhood story about MLP  (Read 1041 times)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
Share A Childhood story about MLP
« on: April 19, 2013, 03:45:05 PM »
Share A Childhood story about MLP,

Not just about getting stuff. But where where you?, How old where you?,

What place where you at?, what did you after that?

Ect.., Really anything you want to talk about in your Childhood, MLP included other wise it would Off Topic.

Me In 1991 With My or My sisters Bubble Fish, Still Looking for her  :cry: Can't find one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:accomplished:

Offline Ionn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Horse Shaped Object Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Share A Childhood story about MLP
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 09:02:24 PM »
When my sister and I were small (6-8ish) we would go to Kmart with our Grandma.

Gramma grew up in England & never learned to drive in the U.S., so Grandpa would drop her off at our house & we'd walk down to the corner where the bus passed. My sister & I got all excited 'cause she let us put the dimes into the bus' fare box.

We rode all the way to the north-end Kmart, as it was known (which area is still called by many people the Kmart Plaza, even though the Kmart's been gone for decades) & have lunch. That Kmart had a little deli/lunch counter where you could get sandwiches, slushies, etc. Going to Kmart with Gram almost always meant coming home with a new toy too, & for me that meant a pony! We loved going on 'adventures' with Grandma!

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 09:12:46 PM »
My best friend and I would put on pony beauty pageants when she came over.  I finally got Dream Castle when it was reissued, and the ponies would use the drawbridge as their catwalk to come down and show off their fashions.  Tenderheart Bear from the Care Bears would emcee.  My mother (and at least once my sister, too) would judge.  I remember that Blue Belle ALWAYS won b/c my mother liked her color combo the best.  I wasn't too thrilled with this b/c I wasn't a big Blue Belle fan, but nevertheless it was incredibly fun to dress all the ponies up in Pony Wear and show them off!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Cherokie-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 10:06:54 PM »
When I was five or six years old, my parents bought me a pony - Sunlight, the rainbow pony - and while waiting with my parents in the family station wagon for my older sister to finish some kind of school function I recall reading the little story printed on the backcard and brushing Sunlight's hair.  I can't even remember why my folks bought her for me - "just because" presents were a pretty unusual thing, so I was really excited to have a new pony.

Another memory is of driving up north to take my dad to the doctor in a big (to me) city, and to distract my sister and I somewhat our mom took us to Toys R Us and bought us each a toy.  Mine was Backstroke the baby sea pony, and I recall playing with her in the waiting room of the doctor's office.  (I also remember that the doctor had a bunch of Compute's Gazette magazines in his waiting room.)

My earliest pony memory is very vague, as I was probably about four years old at the time, but I do faintly remember receiving Cotton Candy and Minty for Christmas that year.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 11:52:54 PM »
Playing ponies with my cousins, we where all around 8/9/10 years old. One of them had the Dream Castle, so I turned the space out front into a garage. For my Hot Wheels, Speedy was always the mechanic. With quite a right lead hoof. :gallop:

Her and Starshine were always going on adventures; none of us owned Medley or Firefly. The ponies who would be doing those things, taking a page from the movie.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 02:18:18 AM »
Here are pictures of my Lickety-Split birthday cake in 1986 when I was 6...

Not sure about her lying down all stiff like that, waiting to be cut up...o_O

My mom says that when she ordered it she expected the pony to be standing up, lol!

I had the Show Stable and Lickety-Split that birthday. And I also had whooping cough. :(

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 07:02:39 AM »
how fun!

when I was little we would play ponies under the piano bench... because it made a good "stable" of course!!! :D

we had some purple flocked Fakies, a whole family , and Magic Star and the babies from the bonnet dance school!  I'm sure we had more but I can't remember who.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 07:16:50 AM »
When I was 4, my mum went in to hospital to have my little brother. I cried all the way home in the car when my dad and I were driving away from leaving her at the hospital. My poor dad bought me an ice cream - no luck...gave me lots of hugs and assured me I was his best girl - no luck...I was still crying. So he promised me a pony...suddenly I was happy :) He bought me Applejack and Bowtie and when we went back to the hospital to meet my new little brother I got to open them both. My dad was a keen and talented photographer so he wanted lots of pics of his kids and wife all together at this happy moment...if you look back on these pictures, I was obviously happy to pose with my mum and new baby bro...but I was really showing off Bow Tie and Applejack because every picture has me posing with the pony, the new baby and mum very much not being considered by me. 

The fickleness of children :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sabrina

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 07:43:16 AM »
I can't remember how old I was exactly but I think I was around 6 years old. I had a really bad ear infection and I was in a lot of pain. I was so upset and was laying in bed feeling sorry for myself and then my Grandmother came into my room carrying Moondancer! My favourite pony, that I wanted so much! She'd gone out especially to get her for me to cheer me up because I was so sick. It meant so much to me that she did that. :)

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 08:20:32 AM »
I grew up in So Cal, so ponies were everywhere. When I was in 2nd grade my friend Kristen had a sleepover party for her Birthday ( of course I got her a pony, a princess brush n grow) and I was invited (im a boy lol). She had Dream Castle and the Show Stable and a ton of ponies and we stayed up all night playing ponies. I was all embarassed at first being the only boy but got over it pretty quick with all the pony goodness :)

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 08:28:04 AM »
When I was about 9 I did a pony play in my class, my teacher had asked me too because she knew how much I loved my ponies. I can't remember all the ponies I used or the story line but I remember Quarterback and Tex, Bowtie (shy), pony bride, Apple Jack (shy), Majesty, Princess Royal Blue, North Star and Braided Beauty were definitely there.

The same teacher also once bought me a pony, it was a mummy pony but I forget the name, the one thats pink with purple hair and a TAF purple flower pattern. I think she cost about 50p at a little bootsale in school and I had no money and because she knew hhow much I loved ponies she got it for me.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 10:29:41 AM »
I would tie my jumprope around them in a long string and hoist them into the treehouse I was climbing into...  then tie them into branches and have flight scenes/play.

I would stick one in my pocket and have a special friend to talk to at school when everyone was mean.  Lots of my childhood ponies have seriously worn-down forelock for this reason.  :) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Stormrave

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 11:44:18 AM »
When I was in Grade 4 the My Little Pony movie came out.  I lived in an isolated farming community and it was a two hour drive into the city to find a theatre that was showing it.  I invited my best friend to come with me and afterwards my mom took us to Toys R Us (also something we didn't have in our area) and bought each of us a set of Pony Wear (that stores in our area weren't carrying).  I got the City Kids outfit.  I don't remember what my friend got. 

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 12:25:11 PM »
I think it was Christmas 1984 when my grandmother bestowed upon my sister and I and our three cousins a Dream Castle, Show Stable and Pretty Parlor for each household.  I don't think I have ever been as blown away by gift giving largesse as I was that day.  My sister and I carefully put together everything (she was 4 and I was 7 so I took the lead of course) and went through every adorable accessory.  We particularly loved the crown and golden horseshoes.  Meanwhile in the span of a few hours our three cousins (all girls around our age) broke the wall off their Dream Castle.

This is why all through our childhood whenever our cousins would visit us my mother would ask us what toys we wanted to put up and she would hide them on the top shelf of the closet until they left.  :P
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 12:29:21 PM »

I would stick one in my pocket and have a special friend to talk to at school when everyone was mean.  Lots of my childhood ponies have seriously worn-down forelock for this reason.  :)

I used to do that, I still take the odd pony for a trip in my bag and I'm now 29. On friday we went shopping and Snuzzle joined us :)
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal