collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who out there has a man that collects ponies?  (Read 2453 times)

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Who out there has a man that collects ponies?
« on: April 17, 2013, 05:16:51 PM »
Just a fun question.  My fiance has his own little collection of blind bags, one of my extra Trixies, a G1 Applejack, and he shares Tex with me.  Anyone else have a man that will collect and display their ponies?

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Who out there has a man that collects ponies?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 05:21:03 PM »
Mine has a few. :) All G4, besides one Glory he found at a thrift store once. They aren't his passion, but he loves Friendship is Magic just as much as, well, all of our friends do, and he loves toys, so it's a natural progression.  ^.^
I'll put something here some time

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 05:26:14 PM »
Nope.

Honestly, I wouldn't want a guy who shares any hobby of mine. I'm very competitive. I wouldn't like competing with him for a collection. This happened with my ex and our anime collections. He burned me out.

Plus, if we were married and it didn't work, I want to be the one to get the ponies if we split! I know that's a very dark way to look at it, but that's how my little brain works.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 05:30:23 PM »
I can understand that. 

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 05:41:03 PM »
My boyfriend has one pony of his own (a custom), but he's far from a collector. Any other he gets would more than likely be customs as well, since he's not a huge MLP fan but some customs he absolutely loves.

I like that he has interest in them, but I'm glad he's not an MLP collector. Like DazzleKitty said that could just cause too many issues (although for some it might work).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 05:45:31 PM »
my bf doesn't collect but he loves the show and I have offered him a couple of extras i get and he gets tempted (mostly by my extra rarity's) so he may start.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 05:47:06 PM »
Hubby claimed my extra Barnacle once, but overall he prefers Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Binny

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 05:51:06 PM »
Not ponies, but he does collect DBZ figures and other things that catch his eye. :)

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 05:57:13 PM »
Nope. Which is fine with me. He is "interested" in them, in the sense that he will ask stuff, try to remember their names, etc. That's enough for me.

We do both have a lot of "toy" cars that we share. And by share, I mean that I buy two so that he has one to play with and I can keep one on the card. ;)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 05:57:54 PM »
My bf is a collector of many other 80's toys and so he has an appreciation for my collecting. He isn't collecting ponies himself but he has a McDonald's Pinkie Pie and AppleJack and blindbag Firecracker Burst sitting on his desk at work. They keep company with his Chuck Norris action figure and various others.

Rion

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 06:45:09 PM »
I'm a dude that collects, customizes, and displays my ponies out in the open. Though I only have G4 ponies I'm interested in maybe getting a couple of G1 ponies in the future.

roselalonde

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 07:47:30 PM »
Nope.

Honestly, I wouldn't want a guy who shares any hobby of mine. I'm very competitive. I wouldn't like competing with him for a collection. This happened with my ex and our anime collections. He burned me out.

Plus, if we were married and it didn't work, I want to be the one to get the ponies if we split! I know that's a very dark way to look at it, but that's how my little brain works.

Same here! I'm okay with sharing some interests with my significant other, but you need some hobbies to yourself, y'know? Ponies is one of these things, and I like being the lone collector out of my group of friends.

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 08:41:45 PM »
He Buys blind bag ponies, But he thinks G1s look like Horse Cows, Thant fine with me tho, He dose apricate my collection and even buys me ponies! But for collecting hes not interested in ponies, Comic books are his thing.

But if he did collect ponies, I don't see why it would be a problem. I mean we don't fight and I don't see why would ever fight about a collection. seems silly. There are better things in life..ponies are just something fun and to pass the time really. If we started fighting about ponies then we would be petty. And we would to stand back and look at our selves and see what we have become.
:accomplished:

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 08:51:34 PM »
Lol, ponies are kind of what brought my boyfriend and I together. We met at JC Penney where we worked last year. We both trained the same day.  After that we would chat whenever we saw each other, and I really started liking him. Then one day as he was leaving work I noticed he had a fluttershy figure hanging from his backpack. Kind of fell in love then and there. He asked me out a few days later and that was almost 6 months ago. We're very much in love.
He has his own little collection, including an awsome Fluttershy plush he had comissioned a few years ago. He also has an adorable Twilight plush. And he has some ponies I've given him, including a customega man pony I made.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 09:11:51 PM »
No... he thinks they're kind of silly but supports my love of them.  He also helps me with storage for ponies and watches the show with me.  Really, I can't ask for more.  <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal