collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC on Sailor Moon 11.5" Irwin America dolls  (Read 540 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
PC on Sailor Moon 11.5" Irwin America dolls
« on: April 17, 2013, 03:27:06 PM »
I think it's the Irwin America---the ones that came in either yellow or light blue boxes and had visible noses? ;)

I don't collect dolls as a general rule, but I love Sailor Moon and off and on have longed to have more of the Irwin America dolls. Since eBay is overpriced on Ponies, I'm wondering if they're overpriced on Sailor Moon dolls, too. The MIB Irwin America dolls, the 11.5" ones, seem to invariably go for around $50 each now. Is that what they should be priced as?

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: PC on Sailor Moon 11.5" Irwin America dolls
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 05:01:08 PM »
I sold mine a few years back and they all went between 30-70. Dependinh on which doll. I know the outer scouts can go for more than the inner ones. Also the prices go up and down. Saturn is one of the most sought after.

Which ones are you looking for?

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 04:47:31 AM »
Yeah, I imagine I'll never be able to get Saturn, unless they make a new one.

I think I'm mainly after Mercury and Jupiter, and maybe Neptune, but I have bursts of wanting to get Mars and Venus, too. Saturn would be high on my list if she wasn't so expensive. And I've heard there's an Irwin America Black/Wicked Lady doll, which I might be interested in, but I'm not sure how rare/expensive that one is.

I already have Usagi, Chibi Moon (actually, I have two of her; long story, but it wasn't intentional), Uranus, and Pluto. I'd like to buy a Sailor Moon outfit for my Usagi instead of buying the actual Sailor Moon doll, but that's not a high priority.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 05:20:33 AM »
I heard that they will be making a new line sometime. To go along with the new series that is being released soon.

I'd say thats why the prices have gone back up. People are hearing about the new series coming out. I hope you can find the ones your looking for. Neptune and Wicked Lady will prob be the most difficult to find. When I sold my girls Neptune went for like 55 loose and Wicked Lady went for about 65. But that was a couple of years ago. So I'm sure the price has gone up some.

Good Luck!

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 08:35:01 AM »
That would be nice! Although I don't know if I'll like them as much as I like the Irwin America dolls. :) But I do like those Italian dolls they released a year or so ago. Now I can't remember what size those come in, though.

Thank you!

Offline EienMau

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 06:23:04 PM »
I sold Pluto, Neptune, Uranus, Princess Serenity, and Tuxedo Mask all MIB last year on Ebay.. I can't remember what they all sold for though.. n_n [still have Moon/Chibi/Mars/Venus/Mercury]

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 12:52:29 AM »
Are you interested in selling any of the others at some point?

Marionette

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 01:57:12 AM »
Lucky! I had Moon and Venus when I was a kid (never knew they made any besides the inners until much later xD) but was persuaded to get rid of them when I got older. =A= At least I have most of their clothes.

I have no MIBs. However, I have all the inners but Mars now as well as Uranus, Neptune, and Black Lady. The inners are all missing various pieces, and their fuku need laundering, but I really got them cheap -- I don't think I paid more than $20-30 for four dolls in that condition. If non-MIBs interest you at all, you might consider hunting around the 'net for the pieces that are commonly missing from used dolls. I've bought stands from Avane Shop before; I can recommend them for sure.

Of the single, nice condition dolls, Lady was by far the cheapest though she's missing her sash (probably could have gotten a complete one for a similar price, just didn't realize and REALLY wanted that doll at the time xD). Uranus and Neptune were not cheap (but at least had the sword and mirror), and I got outbid on the Pluto I really wanted. I'll look up what I paid later.

I think you might be able to find them at a better price elsewhere, but I rarely see them crop up. Maybe Sailor Moon LJ communities. I too think the price has skyrocketed due to renewed interest in the series.

edit:

Woah. I got Uranus and Neptune for WAY less than I thought I did. Uranus, Neptune, and Lady were auctions I believe; the lot was a BIN. All were purchased around July of 2012. I was outbid on a Pluto despite trying really hard to get her. She's rarer than the others in my experience. Saturn is indeed the rarest (I see a MIB Saturn on eBay right now starting at $199.99... and someone has actually bid on her).

Minty Uranus w/ wand, stand, and sword: $35
Minty Neptune w/ want, stand, and mirror: $44
Minty Black Lady w/ stand but no sash: $22.50
Playworn Moon/Venus/Mercury/Jupiter lot, missing accessories/some shoes/stands: $19.99

Because you reminded me, I just now purchased a minty, complete Pluto for $54.99. I probably could have gotten her for less if I waited for the auction, but I really don't want the same thing to happen that happened when I bought these dolls... missing the one doll I really wanted. >_<
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 02:45:24 AM by Marionette »

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 10:33:29 AM »
I prefer MIB, but if I start getting frustrated and desperate I probably will give up on that idea. :) I've heard it's really hard to get into the main Sailor Moon LJ selling comm, but I might look into it.

Thanks for the info on your experiences! And yay, I'm glad you got Pluto, finally! The Irwin America Pluto is so, so gorgeous. For me, none of the other companies' Plutos can begin to compare.

Marionette

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 11:12:54 AM »
Ahh, I see. Good luck with them! I'm lucky because I display things out of box and thus don't like to buy MIB. xD The inners, MIB or not, are likely to be a lot easier to get in my experience. If you do decide to go non-MIB, you should definitely not be paying $50 for an inner out of box as most I've seen do go for $50 in box, but I haven't followed autions on them. You'll have better deals with auctions generally, but it can still go pretty high.

I'm not a member yet, though I'll try joining and see what happens. You also might get lucky with anime selling communities (I like garagesalejapan), but I've never seen a doll pop up, just other merchandise. You could always post a want-to-buy in such a community.

Pluto is my favorite senshi, always has been, along with Venus. I agree, the Irwin doll is the best. The other nice thing about Irwin (though who knows if it was a sound business decision xD) is that they really made a lot of characters. All the senshi, Tux, Black Lady, Prof. Tomoe, Kaolinite, some of the Black Moon Clan... some of those villains can be rarer as well, though, especially in the pretty face style. I wish they hadn't gone bankrupt before they released the Amazoness Quartet dolls. TwT

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 12:00:09 PM »
I display out of box, too, actually. :) It's just that I prefer new things, so I love to get MIB whenever possible and then be the first to own them de-boxed.

Okay! Let me know how you make out joining. :) Thanks for the suggestions!

Were the villains released by the American branch of Irwin or just the Canadian branch? It sounds like you're saying Irwin did both kinds, but I was thinking the villains were only from the Canadian versions that didn't have very visible noses. But if the Four Kings had been released, I would be going mad trying to get them in any form, even that one. :)

Any idea what a MIB Irwin America Tuxedo Mask would go for? I'm following an auction at the moment for a Mercury and two Tuxedos, and I'm just idly wondering how much I could sell the extra Tuxedo for if I happen to participate and win the auction.

Offline EienMau

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 01:30:53 PM »
If I get an offer I like I might.. Venus and Chibi are de-boxed [they're my daughters now], but the others are all boxed..

Marionette

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 01:16:43 AM »
Ah, I'm talking about Irwin as a whole, both Canadian and American (some of the toys popped up both places so it's always been a blur for me, like I have most of the small plastic action figures). Sorry for being confusing! Black Lady was definitely released in "pretty face" (what the American release style with the nose is often referred to as because, well, it's prettier :v) form. I own her. I'm not sure about the others. :( Research time!

From what I can remember, Tux didn't seem to be as sought-after as some of the others, but I couldn't give you an exact price. I'd put him on inner senshi tier or perhaps slightly below it, maybe in between Sailor Moon herself (who is the most common... surprising, right? :P) and the other inners.

edit: If I had to hazard a rough guess, I'd say it'd be something like this in rarity levels...

Sailor Moon < Tuxedo Mask < Inners < Neptune, Uranus < Pluto (slightly rarer) < most of the villains, at least if MIB (Black Lady I've always found to be cheaper) < Saturn. Not knowledgeable enough on the villains to say that for sure though, and I'm not sure where to put things like Princess Serenity and Prince Endymion; I think they are rarer. ChibiMoon seems rarer than the inners, but I really don't know where to put her. Pretty face > noseless face.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:02:35 AM by Marionette »

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 04:18:53 AM »
Thanks for the guesses!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal