collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are CAM & Bratzillaz Switch-A-Witch Interchangable?  (Read 930 times)

Offline Princess_Luvlee

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Are CAM & Bratzillaz Switch-A-Witch Interchangable?
« on: April 16, 2013, 10:32:47 PM »
I was wondering if Monster High CAM heads could be put on BZ SAW torso/bodies.

I like the less frail build of the BratzillaZ ( plus the hip joint is bomb )& am gaga over their checkered limbs in the first Switch-A-Witch pack.
(it'd be tricky to paint that yourself, ya know?)

I don't figure leg & arm peg diameters are going to be the same on CAM & SAW, but if anyone has a success story that stars a dremel tool I'd love to hear (& see ) the result.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Are CAM & Bratzillaz Switch-A-Witch Interchangable?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 10:40:34 PM »
The limbs are indeed interchangeable, someone on here or in the bratzillaz thread actually posted pics, I'll wait to see if they still have them, but if not, I can get some pics for you tomorrow morring of their interchange-ability :D

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 11:01:58 PM »
angelfish did it.. she has photos on here from her flicker account... somwhere... lol

angelfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 12:32:17 AM »
I do!  I am stuck with just my phone for a few days so I can't link!  Heads and arms are interchangeable and SAW wigs will work on CAM heads although they are a little big.  If you go to the Bratzillaz thread in the Dollhouse the links should be there in the last 2 or 3 pages.  Hope that helps!

Offline frizzycat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Plastic Candy
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 01:08:49 AM »
http://www.toyboxphilosopher.com/2013/03/bratzillaz-switch-witch-set.html

Has a very detailed review that shows the interchangeability of the limbs.

Offline Princess_Luvlee

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 03:38:54 AM »
thanx you angelfish & fizzycat ^-^ that's super good news!

also kinda surprising MGA gets away with this

i luv tbp pics & reviews~thanx so much

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 09:49:48 AM »
also kinda surprising MGA gets away with this

i luv tbp pics & reviews~thanx so much

Eeek!
I really didn't care for Bratzillaz before, but that set with the checkered chick looks really artsy and nice.
I'm as well surprised Mattel hasn't filed another lawsuit yet. Maybe because they don't have a copyright on interchangeable doll sets; it wasn't their original idea, even though this SAW stuff looks eerily similar to CAM in packaging and how the pieces can be assembled ;)

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 12:09:59 PM »
FRANKENDOLL

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:32:15 PM by Kalavista »

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 03:35:47 PM »
I don't mean to be all "MH is BETTER than Bratzillaz!" but.....MH is better than Bratzillaz :lol:

No really!  I just love the MH body :heart:  It is a work of art!  Could it have some added joints, like in the waist?  Sure.  Would I like it if it did?  Probably not:(  I love all the little fingers, and the space between the toes.  *squee*  All the little details!

I can't like the Bratzillaz body:(  In my defense, I'm trying!  I've got the SAW sets.  I've got the Basics.  I'm working on my Magic Dance series (Sorry!  I can only keep up with one brand's titles!)  I just like the stick-like figure of the MH body!  Even Nefera and Howleen are a bit too thick for me.  I know I'm gonna get creamed for this, but I can't help it.

I'd like to one day have a MH body for all the heads I've fallen in love with recently!  I've started a LIV/MH hybrid collection, and next on my list is a Bratzillaz/MH hybrid collection.  Maybe I should start stock piling CAM bodies :wonder:

I have not, however, started a Novi Stars/MH hybrid collection :huh:  I guess once you take the gimmicks away from the Novi Stars they start to lose their appeal :lol:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 10:20:53 AM »
Kitter - I *LOVE* my Bratzillaz... but yeah, I agree, MH is better.

Case in point, the CAM/SAW packs. Now, I LOVE that the SAW packs come w/ 2 torsos, right off. But, now the CAM sets do, too. And I can't help feeling that the only reason SAW comes w/ 2 torsos is because they learned off the trial and error of MH.

Also, I HATE THE TWO-TONE THING. hate, hate, hate. This is the only SAW I own, and will ever own, probably:

She's a hybrid - I spliced 2 of the add-on SAW packs, got out my acetone, and voila - no more two-tone.

Now, if MH would only put out some dolls with inset eyes like the Bratzillaz eyes... *DROOOOL*

eta - and the HANDS. I don't care for the Bratzillaz hands. MH hands are so detailed! separate those fingers!!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 03:23:03 PM »
I was playing around with the idea of Bratzillaz/MH hybrids, but MH bodies will NEVER match the skin tone of the Bratzillaz:(  That's not really a deal breaker for me, but it would be nice if MH had a "normie" skin tone to customize with.

I know Bloodgood is coming out, but she's gonna be WAY to overpriced for my needs (darn horse ;))  It's a shame too because I prefer Nefera's body mold for my hybrids :huh:

And I LOVE MH hands!  I'd love add-on packs of hands for the basic dolls:)  I get so excited when I see new hand molds.  More than a 30 year old should, actually :lol:

EDIT:  Kalavista!  I love your SAW!  The one color really makes her eyes pop even more!  And IF Mattel started with the glass eyes.......I'd probably just start signing my paychecks over to them directly :rolleyes:  Not that I don't already!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:26:45 PM by justkitter »
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal