collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: URGH Sellers, Really??!!  (Read 539 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
URGH Sellers, Really??!!
« on: April 15, 2013, 10:11:05 AM »
This is not actually aimed at the arena (it's never happened to me here, people are pretty awesome!) it's mainly aimed at ebay. I got a brand new lush 50cm Stitch plush with a tag that is still available in the Disney Store now for £40 with £4.95 postage, and I offered the seller my top offer (after their listing ended as it got no bids) £25.00 with £5 postage as she had wanted £29.99 start bid with £5 postage. I won and was super excited. She had a bereavement so I have been very supportive and have been patient, but I recieved him today and, urgggghhh cigarette smell!!!! He's perfect other than that, but sellers, really? Can you not just list 'From a smoking home'? Really? Would it kill you? I'm not mad at her, nor will I leave anything less than a positive, but I will mention the smell. His fur is beautiful and his tag is perfect, but man, he came out the bag in the car when I went to the Royal Mail depo in the car with my mum and when I pulled him out she retched and had to open the window as she said he stank. Thankfully, I know how to sort this (bi-carb I love you) but still, just a nice little ' My items come from a smoking home, please be advised before you buy' would suffice just fine!

Jeesh. Sorry, it's just a simple curteous little move I thought most people knew. I know that if I smoked, I would put a note up. If I wasn't so thrilled with everything else about him and for the fact I can get rid of the smell, he'd go straight back like a shot, it's just not on.  :argh:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: URGH Sellers, Really??!!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 10:28:47 AM »
I am sorry Ice that stinks, literally.

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 10:36:27 AM »
I am sorry Ice that stinks, literally.

Haha thanks you made me giggle!

Post Merge: April 15, 2013, 10:54:13 AM

EDIT: I sorted the problem with a solution found on google, using Bi-Carb of soda just dusted all over. Took him outside and beat him off after a good hour soaking in it. Nicer smelling and no ciggy smell. Yay! Just a titchy bit niggled as it isn't too hard to put a little notice about being a smoker. Oh well, nice Stitch!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:54:13 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 11:12:18 AM »
I think Ebay should make that a mandatory part of their auction set up page - you must answer the question before your auction can be posted: Is your item coming from a smoking home = Yes or No. (They could do the same with animals.)
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 11:26:24 AM »
I agree that should be mandatory. I had gotten a breyer horse one time and it was horrible. I had to keep it in the box. I even left it in the garage to see if the smell would go away. I had to sell it due to my asthma. Sorry to hear that :(

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 11:30:23 AM »
I think Ebay should make that a mandatory part of their auction set up page - you must answer the question before your auction can be posted: Is your item coming from a smoking home = Yes or No. (They could do the same with animals.)

I think that is such a good idea! :nod: I completely agree with having a question prior to posting, it just makes so much sense, and avoids so many mishaps and upset. I know so many people disappointed due to items coming from smoking/pet homes. I think it's a necessity, especially when the item is fabric like clothing, bags and soft toys!

Avene: Ah man I'm sorry about your Breyer, that sucks. The Bi-Carb really worked for me, so if ever you find yourself in that position again, maybe you could try it? I was amazed at how it worked!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 06:02:20 PM »
Considering that a purchase like that would send me into a severe asthmatic attack, I would have definitely left her negative feedback.  That's a serious health concern... it could send someone to the hospital for emergency care.  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal