collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UPDATED: Seller is ignoring (or hasn't seen) my request to combine postage  (Read 731 times)

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Hi all,
I won two slightly higher priced ponies on the 8th from the same Ebay seller, each charging £3.50 postage. After I won the two auctions I messaged the seller asking if she would combine postage for them (it should cost no more than £3 to ship them together I believe). After receiving no reply and seeing no combined postage as of yesterday, I messaged her again. Still no reply.

I know not that many days have passed since I won the ponies but I could have received them by now... The seller was selling a few other ponies at the same time so I would doubt that she's not seen the message. I am just worried that she's going to re-list the ponies if I don't pay soon as I really want them! I know I'm only worrying about £4ish but it's mildly annoying that she has not replied to my message.

Does anyone have any advice? Should I just put it down to experience and pay the full postage?
Thanks!

ETA: It does state in the listing that postage can be combined.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 04:47:29 AM by mercynova »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Seller is ignoring (or hasn't seen) my request to combine postage
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 04:26:45 AM »
I have had this issue with combined shipping on items from the same seller. I basically bought 2 ponies very quickly, they had like a couple of minutes left and didn't really have time to ask for combined shipping. I left it 2 days after sending a message, then paid for 2 lots of shipping since I didn't want to have a NPB case put against me.  Thinking oh well, I'll avoid that seller from now on, I forgot about it.  a week later, I got a message from her apologizing for not getting back sooner and saying she'd refunded me the extra shipping charge  ^.^

If you can afford to, I'd pay in full to avoid re-listing and NBP case - some people can be very hasty about that - and message her to tell her that's what you are doing. If you are nice about it you'll probably get a refund for the extra charge like I did. 

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 05:05:00 AM »
Ah thanks so much for your reply Rhubarb :) I'm glad everything worked out for you!

I was just about to take your advice and pay for the ponies when I quickly decided to take a look at the seller's recent seller feedbacks.. the two most recent, from the same buyer, state: 'Bad communication ignored for weeks. I won items for a good price never sent'

Now I am slightly more worried... I think the two ponies I won were also for a very good price.

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 09:23:38 AM »
Hmmm, yeah that doesn't sound very encouraging  :(

TBH if you really want the ponies and they were such a good price, I'd suck it up and pay both shipping fee's, then make a note to avoid buying more than one (or any) ponies from this seller. 

Once you get the ponies, I'd wait a few days before leaving her feedback.  She may still respond to your messages regarding combined shipped and refund you the extra charge.  Then if you haven't heard anything still, leave the appropriate feedback.

People really shouldn't sell on ebay if they are not prepared to do the communication necessary for the job.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 09:54:25 AM »
Let us know how things proceed - especially if you have to open a claim!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 08:37:36 PM »
That's awful! But I'd pay and send another message, as mentioned. But I'd leave appropriate fedback if it comes to that!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Galaxy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 06:13:29 PM »
The Post Office has just put up it's postage charges (as a seller, I got caught out at the beginning of the month).  I have now put up my postage to £3.50 too (for any number of ponies). You are right, it should cost £3, but this doesn't include the packaging costs - I use bubble envelopes.  Anyway, changing postage on all listings isn't as easy as it should be - when I did mine, I accidently left off the automatic calculation, so I've had to send invoices manually.  I didn't realise this at first and so I've been slow to combine.  This might be the issue here - the seller has changed the postage, but hasn't realised that the automatic pricing is no longer there so might not know that she needs to combine manually or fix the issue.  Even if you have requested an invoice, she may be assuming that checkout will give the discount and that you would go there at some point (she shouldn't really assume this, but I can see why she might). I hope that made sense - it's getting late!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 03:08:45 AM »
Even so, communication would stop the whole issue. Both parties would know what's going on! I'd definitely ping her for communication if this continues, even if it does work out in the end!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 04:37:56 AM »
I am so sorry you have a non-communitive seller. I would do as Rhubarb suggested and pay. If she fails to deliver you are protected and will receive your money back. But that is worst case scenerio.

The one thing I have learned though is that even though a seller says they combine shipping, does not always mean they will discount the shipping amount. It just means they will combine like said items. I got burned once with that on a non-pony transaction.

And like Stormness mentioned even if this does pan out make sure to make note of poor communication in your feedback ratings and comment.

Good luck and I do hope it works out for you  :hug:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 07:44:05 AM »
Thanks so much for the help and advice everyone! Galaxy, I see about the postage prices but £7 is still a bit much in my opinion. I paid on the 15th and as of yet no dispatch note and no communication from her. I don't have a great feeling about this!

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Just a quick update for anyone who was wondering :)
I am pleasantly surprised to say that the ponies turned up in the post this morning... two weeks after I bought them and still without a word from the seller. She never mentioned anything about the combined postage and didn't refund any of the cost.
I am thinking about leaving neutral feedback... but I don't know whether I should just leave it alone (I've never left feedback other than positive before and I feel bad!)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Just a quick update for anyone who was wondering :)
I am pleasantly surprised to say that the ponies turned up in the post this morning... two weeks after I bought them and still without a word from the seller. She never mentioned anything about the combined postage and didn't refund any of the cost.
I am thinking about leaving neutral feedback... but I don't know whether I should just leave it alone (I've never left feedback other than positive before and I feel bad!)

Since it's on Ebay and if you want to leave positive feedback, just reflect it in her stars rating and mention that her communication wasn't very good and neither was the shipping rate. That's what I would do.

nsunshine

• Trade Count: (0)
well, glad it at least worked out for you that you got the ponies!!! But do as Bluerose says, you should knock off a few stars for her lack of communication...help warn other buyers what they could possibly be in for, so perhaps, they won't feel like they are the only ones when it does happen!!!

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
I am glad it worked out for you!

I would leave Positive feedback but perhaps comment on the lack of communication and postage price.
Or reflect that with the stars ratings.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal