collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equestria Girls toy information?  (Read 2556 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Equestria Girls toy information?
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2013, 01:57:21 AM »
I had never even heard about them until I just read this post. I don't know what to think.  :shocked:  I'm not sure how I feel about pony dolls. LOL If they are small like the ponies then I think my little Rylee will like them, but if they are bigger I don't think she will so I don't think we will get them. Has anybody posted pictures of what they are supposed to look like?????

You ll find some of the concept art here

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,324544.0.html
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2013, 04:53:35 AM »
They look like aliens.... I dunno.

But why is *this* for the 30th anniversary, and not something a little bit more relevant? A spin off is a spin off, not a celebration of anything.

I'd prob watch an episode, to see what it's like. And I'd look at the toys when they come out, but I just don't get it. Clearly I'm not the target audience :P lol

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2013, 06:31:36 AM »
Oooo Doll+Pony!? =) Sounds Cute! I am willing to give the spinoff a chance. I cant wait to see the dolls that will come out! I am excited for a Princess Celestia or Twilight Sparkle one in the future! I wonder if Hasbro is doing a new mold size or special variant for the actual 'pony' toy that comes with the doll. I cant wait to see them! It will be fun buying actual 'dolls' again! I hope they have something else planed for the 30th year anniversary too, not just the spinoff.

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2013, 06:43:29 AM »
Not keen. But I don't like dolls, so that was always going to happen. Disappointing turn for the line to take imo, but I'm sure other people will like them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Honey Buzz Oregon

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2013, 10:10:44 AM »
Thank you so much  hathorcat for posting that link for me to see  :biggrin:  They just look like Monster High dolls to me, but that is totally IMO only!!!!!!  I'm sure Rylee will want the Pinkie Pie one, but I really hope that they don't the whole line in this direction that will make me very sad & then I think I might have to stop watching/buying ponies for her. I'm not sure I'm down with human/horse looking things. Is that horrible of me???? She's 3, I can just see that leading to all sorts of crazy questions I'm not sure I know how to answer or even want to answer at this point in her life. LOL

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2013, 02:49:14 PM »
I dont think its horrible at all :)

I know a couple of parents who will not buy their kids dolls at all so items like MLP and LPS and similar are their preferred toys for their little girls - its their personal choice and its due to image issues I believe. Personally I love dolls and dont think I was harmed in any way by my Sindy doll obsession when I was a child but I do understand its something not all parents buy in to. So for Hasbro to simply take MLP to dolls is for many upsetting.

However, Hasbro did say this is an IP within MLP its not to replace MLP - think of it as the same as the Blythe/LPS line; they didnt replace LPS with this, it was just another option within LPS.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Acheron187

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2013, 01:04:51 AM »
I hope they're good, I may pick up my two fave ponies otherwise. I also hope like the monster high dolls they release a bunch of accessories(Mostly clothes) for them, I don't personally feel like collecting Monster high dolls but I love how they work them.

Offline juliepinetree

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2013, 04:37:08 AM »
I honestly wish they had made them more human if they were going to do this.  I mean, really, they don't blend in with the humans...  They look a bit to alien.  I don't mind the ponies coming to "earth", just wish they would stay ponies like in G1 or be fully human.  Just me.

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2013, 07:09:17 AM »
LOVELOVELOVE. Goodbye money!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2013, 08:11:38 AM »
The drama of this idea is pretty surprising to me  :blink:

I don't find the concept art helpful as it is rare for a doll to look anything like the art- I just HOPE they are as cute and detailed as Monster High or some of the other cute dolls that have come out, and not ugly and cheap.  I have high hopes since I think Hasbro does a pretty good job with their doll lines :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal