collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What kind of Dancer is Rochelle?  (Read 771 times)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
What kind of Dancer is Rochelle?
« on: April 12, 2013, 05:58:56 PM »
So its driving me nuts after watching the webisode and seeing her in the 5 pack...

I don't THINK she's supposed to be a Ballerina, because Laagoona is already the one marked as "Ballet", yet she seems very ballet like in her outfit and how she danced in the webisode (with help from Invisibilly, WOOT)...

Is she going to be considered "contemporary" dancer?

Come to think of it, I wonder what type of dancer Gl is supposed to be too...now for him it might make sense to be Ballet since he is Goona's partner after all...

Thoughts?

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What kind of Dancer is Rochelle?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 06:01:21 PM »
I honestly would say she's also ballet. Contemporary is more... interpretive than the routine Rochelle did.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 06:02:16 PM »
french ballet vs romantic ballet, perhaps? i feel like both of those should be in quotation marks

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 06:21:23 PM »
I honestly would say she's also ballet. Contemporary is more... interpretive than the routine Rochelle did.
I think so too, but it doesn't make sense to me, since everyone elese' dance style is so different...also no one else's "style" matched their dance in the webisode, like there was nothing overly hip=hop about how Howleen was dancing...*shrugs*

french ballet vs romantic ballet, perhaps? i feel like both of those should be in quotation marks
ha ha! I didn't even know there was such a thing...is there a french style of dance out there in general? I'm sure there is...

Melissa

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 06:31:51 PM »
That's a good point about the webisode. From that perspective, she could really be any dance style.

Offline mistic_imp

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Http://www.carolphillipsart.com
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 11:50:19 PM »
i am thinking french vs american ballet  would make since  well.. or some such thing.. but i donno i have been wondering too!
 her shoes with those socks don't exactly look " ballet" to me,  they look more tap or jazz , mabey she is does jazz dance style?
must sayi love DC rochelle from what i can see though. she will be a beautiful doll! and  I WANT the whole 5 pk!!

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 02:06:10 AM »
I thought, based on the episode, that Rochelle was doing ballet. Cpme to think of it, why can't Rochelle fly better? She has wings and in the webisode, they seemed to dunction too. Oh, erll, I think I am putting way too much thought into this!

Gil... based on his outfit I think, well I have no clue! It looks like he escaped the 80's with that glittery shirt. He could be modern, since he is wearing sneakers and not ballet shoes. By no ballet shoes, I mean that he can't really be Lagoona's partner in ballet.

Offline Cynosure

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 05:14:41 AM »
I thought, based on the episode, that Rochelle was doing ballet. Cpme to think of it, why can't Rochelle fly better? She has wings and in the webisode, they seemed to dunction too. Oh, erll, I think I am putting way too much thought into this!

I figured it's because she's made of stone, and her wings are more for decoration than actual use.

Shahaila

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 06:08:25 AM »
Webisode aside, looking at her cute shoes and socks I would say tap.

Post Merge: April 13, 2013, 06:09:09 AM

Webisode aside, looking at her cute shoes and socks I would say tap.  In the webisode it looked like a ballet attempt.

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 08:27:25 AM »
Based on the webisode I'm gonna say, a bad one!   Maybe she's just a wannabe ballet dancer haha

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 08:42:34 AM »
I haven't seen the webisode, but biased on her outfit my first thought was contemporary or jazz

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 10:00:56 AM »
I thought she was ballet. Then again, I know next to nothing about dance. lol

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 10:06:01 AM »
Maybe she just overenthusiastically put on something "dancey" for the class? Since Invisibilly does all the work anyways, you can't really say she's any style of dance at all :P

They'll probably get away with it by just putting little cardboard circles with their names on them next to each character and calling it a generic, blanket-termed "Dance Class 5 Pack"

HanaMaehata

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 12:07:03 AM »
To be honest, I'd have to say ballet just by her clothing. She seems to be more "classical" than Lagoona, ala the hair pinned up and back.

However, I'm left with an interesting question; why not include Invisibilly in this line? It's cool that there's another Gil doll coming out, but I feel like Gil would've done better in the swim class line or with, you know, a signature doll. Besides; can anyone here actually imagine Gil dancing.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 11:07:57 AM »
Yeah, I think Gil is an odd choice for the Dance Class pack. But on the other hand, I would much rather have a signature Invisi Billy than one dressed for dance. Well, I guess the same goes for Gil, too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal