collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Up to 6  (Read 389 times)

PonyAddictedDad

• Trade Count: (0)
Up to 6
« on: April 12, 2013, 01:00:35 PM »
My daughter's MH collection is growing fast.  Draculaura, Robecca Steam, Abby, Laguna, just got Frankie and she's ready to spend her birthday money on the 6th.  Now I'm having an issue though.  They all have like hand held accessories, hand bags, party masks, a thing I have no idea what it could possibly be (probly cuz I'm a man on that one), etc.  Anywho, she wants me to put the things in their hands like every 2 minutes and they don't stay very well.  Any advice on making the dolls hang onto things?  Her mom said the super glue idea was not a good one.

Shahaila

Re: Up to 6
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 01:05:24 PM »
When I pose my dolls I often times use the clear rubber bands that come in the packaging to secure the accessories.  But that might not work well if my dolls were being played with so not sure if that helps you at all.  As for purses, I often just put the dolls arm through them and bend the arm so it does not fall off.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 01:25:05 PM »
Since they're play dolls, maybe you could glue a little piece of clear velcro in their hands, and corresponding velcro on the items for them to hold.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 01:37:23 PM »
i have used double sided tape to keep them holding items in photos....that might work...
i like the velcro idea, small little bit, that way she could easily have them hold what she wants

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 03:01:28 PM »
I use sticky tack.

Offline SweetScoops

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 03:05:27 PM »
Sticky-tak? :3

Pukinui was quicker XD
One is loved because one is loved, no reason is needed for loving - Coelho.

Dorriebelle

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 06:13:50 PM »
I use this stuff - visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You can usually find it in the miniatures section of craft stores like Hobby Lobby - not sure who else has
it. That size is about three bucks, and just a tiny bead of it squished between item and  doll hand will keep it there
a while. But it'll pull off and wipe away clean easily. So far, it doesn't stain, but a test showed it did leave a 'grease' like
mark on paper items if left more than a few hours.

It also works great at keeping tiny School trophies standing - I've knocked that whole thing over, and they didn't jar loose -
and things like Barbie dress forms from tipping over. I've had my jar for nearly a year now, and I've barely broken the surface.

Many other doll fans use the clear elastic rubber band things to keep shoes on and purses in hand. You can find those in
craft stores, sometimes beauty supply shops, and on your brand new doll when you debox him/her. Takes a bit of practice to
get things attached and looking natural, though.

Hope that helps, PADad. I think it's so sweet how you play with your daughter !

Kobold

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 06:18:47 PM »
 :biggrin:  ...I've got to get myself some of that tacky wax then! It sounds almost too good to be true!

Dorriebelle

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 06:26:34 PM »
:biggrin:  ...I've got to get myself some of that tacky wax then! It sounds almost too good to be true!

I confess, I was pretty impressed with the stuff. Only did the paper test 'cause I didn't want to mess up the
paper covered parts of the School playset with spots. Plus, neither of my Chewlians will stay upright for more than
ten minutes ! The photo's a little bit larger than life-size, btw. Maybe ten percent.

If you can't find it anywhere near you, Hobby Lobby sells it online. It's probably on eBay, too. But it's so cheap,
shipping usually triples the price. Here's a link - http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/bard-s-tacky-wax-468652/

I hope you like it, too !

Edited to add -

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here ya go. Forgive the poor staging, but Clawdia's holding a rather awkwardly shaped juice box unassisted,
save for the tacky wax. I can even scrape it off her hands and the box and reuse it. That's one $3. I don't regret
spending !
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 06:45:41 PM by Dorriebelle »

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »
Isn't that juice box crazy heavy too?  I'm always surprised when I pick it up :lol:

That stuff sounds magical :glitter:
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 07:00:22 PM »
PonyAddictedDad, you sound like such a terrific daddy!!  I use double sided sticky tape to keep those iCoffins in the dolls hands.  I've never seen TackyWax, but I might need to track that down (thanks Dorriebelle!!).  My daughters have so many dang accessories, that it gets a little overwhelming. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

PonyAddictedDad

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 01:15:18 PM »
thank you everyone for the great suggestions :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal