collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Please show me your Taeyang ball joint dolls  (Read 1128 times)

Offline silverskimmer

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Please show me your Taeyang ball joint dolls
« on: April 12, 2013, 01:33:02 AM »
I've finally bit the bullet and decided to start saving up for mu first doll  Taeyang hide Rocket Dive :P And I'm very exited about it! It'll take me a few weeks to save enough to get him, but I'm already so exited about him! I even may have gotten my mum addicted to them :blush:

I would love to see everyone's photos of their own dolls so I can drool and get some ideas for photos and stuff to get him when he arrives!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Silver Skimmer Ref
Wish list
Looking for any and all wingers! Especially baity ones in need of love!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
Re: Please show me your Taeyang ball joint dolls
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 04:10:36 PM »
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
any of the Hide dolls are AMAZING!

let me get my pb pulled up lol

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:28:01 PM by kamakazee82 »
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline silverskimmer

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 06:06:36 PM »
Oh all your Hides' are so pretty! It is so hard for me to stay desided oh which one I want XD

Silver Skimmer Ref
Wish list

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 06:14:11 PM »
lol Pullipstyle even has HasH for like 65 bucks ... he is the unnofficial hide that was released waaaaay before the official hides lol

truthfully, you can't go wrong with ANY of the hide's ... nor any Taeyang lol

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline silverskimmer

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 11:44:19 PM »
lol Pullipstyle even has HasH for like 65 bucks ... he is the unnofficial hide that was released waaaaay before the official hides lol

truthfully, you can't go wrong with ANY of the hide's ... nor any Taeyang lol

I saw him when I was looking :) But I thought I should just save up and get the official one. Plus pink hair! Who doesn't love some pink hair
Are Taeyang good dolls? Because I know that BJDs can be quite notorious with joints popping etc I mean I'm still going to get him XD He's just to cute to say no, but I'm curious

Silver Skimmer Ref
Wish list

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 06:34:49 AM »
I don't think that Taeyangs are considered BJDs. They aren't strung like most BJDs are.

Anywho Taeyangs can have loose joints. Exspecially around the shoulder area. I don't think they will pop out. I never had any pop out on me. 

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 07:13:22 AM »
The biggest issue i know of with Taes are their darn ankle joints snapping. It happens all the friggin time.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2013, 04:37:27 PM »
The biggest issue i know of with Taes are their darn ankle joints snapping. It happens all the friggin time.

Their arms like to fall off too.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 05:51:21 PM »
... yeah, they aren't considered "true bjd's" ... but i'm hoping that drivel of true/not true bjd can stay out of this awesome forum and stay in some other far less friendly forums :(

pullips/taeyangs/dals/byuls/isuls may not be strung, but aren't barbies/bratz/etc either.

each Tea has it's own issues ... many of which depend on the doll itself and then how you care for and use the doll. i have 14 Taes and the only one i've had true issues with is my hash, his arm was a little loose when i opened him and then since he likes to pay skydiver off the shelf and my brother handled him very roughly his shoulder is messed up. my other tae troubler was bad from the manufacturer,my arion arrived with a broken elbow (the wonderful peoples at Pullip Style got me a replacement elbow YAY!)

-taes in  general ae prone to ankle snaps ... i've yet to experience it with any of my boys.
-pullips are host to several issues depending on body type, production year, etc etc :(
-byuls i'm not too familiar with
-dals are prone to wrist breaks and arm snaps ... of which i've experienced the arm snap and was devastated .... PEEP! will never let me live t hat moment down ...
-isuls are newer and i  haven't heard of rampant issues, but i have seen a few torso breaks from the manufacturer

Offline SwordPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 07:09:54 PM »
... yeah, they aren't considered "true bjd's" ... but i'm hoping that drivel of true/not true bjd p;can stay out of this awesome forum and stay in some other+ far less friendly forums :(

pullips/taeyangs/dals/byuls/isuls may not be strung, but aren't barbies/bratz/etc either.

Please don't make issues where there are none. He isn't going to find any info on BJD Taeyangs as there are none. My comment was not ment to be mean at all. It was ment to inform.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 06:09:24 AM by SwordPony »

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2013, 09:06:31 PM »
SwordPony is right, Taes/Pullips/Dals/etc aren't BJDs.  It doesn't make them any less awesome, nobody is talking down about them, but they're a different kind of doll.  I never did get a Taeyang, but I adored my Pullips while I still owned them.  :lovey:

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline silverskimmer

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2013, 10:28:47 PM »
Oh I always thought BJ just meant exactly that, ball jointed, I didn't realise they were strung! That's rather cool

Good to know about the ankles and lose joints :) I'll have to watch for that when I get my first boy. I say first...Because I can see this already becoming a new obsession, there are just so many epic ones and then other dolls...My ponies are going to hate me XD I am a terrible toy father

Silver Skimmer Ref
Wish list

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 10:53:32 PM »
and i'm saying it shouldn't be an issue anyway ... not mking it one ... new to dolls is new to dolls and heirarchy of "better/lesser" dolls shouldn't be added in ... makes it less fun ...

and as a doll collector myself i consider bjds to include pullips ... they have ball joints ... they just aren't "strung" ball joints ... which to many makes them much more manageable to the beginning collector... and therein lies the "stigma" for the most part ...

to me it makes no sense, like people saying the new ponies aren't "as good" s the old ones ... they're still ponies ... just different styles ... pullips are just a different style of bjd that don't get a lot of respect other places :( but they are still amazing dolls ... i just know at other places people will attack you for "besmirching their expensive strung dolls" ... shouldn't happen ... but it does ... differentiation should be strung bjd vs not-strung bjd ...

and teflon tape will be your best friend with any kind of pullip/tae/dal/isul/byul lol if a peg on an arm/leg/hand gets worn down and lose, give it a quick wrap an trim and voila good as new :) and yeah, taes are like potatoe chips silverskimmer lol you can't have just one lol
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:56:12 PM by kamakazee82 »

Tagi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 05:40:23 AM »
No one mentioned anything about Fashion dolls being inferior to ABJD in this thread or mentioned any stigma...

Yes you are correct, a lot of different dolls have ball joints. But there is a difference when talking about a doll with ball joints and a BJD. There are no BJD Taeyangs*, there are Taeyangs with ball joints.

*Unless someone customises a BJD to look like a Taeyang... >_>

As a collector of all dolls like yourself and someone who has encountered personally this BJD elitism snobbery you speak of to my very face, I can assure you no one here was stooping to that.

Offline SwordPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 06:15:11 AM »
As Tagi mention noone has said anything of the like about Taeyangs not being as good as BJD. I myself have owned several. They are a great doll. I loved all of my while I had them. I still have one Pullip. She will never go anywhere as my dad bought her for me. So she is super special to me.

Like I said in my last post my comment to silverskimmer was to inform. Other sites might not be as kind as the Arena is about calling a Taeyang a BJD. Yes it has ball joints but there are some collectors out there that don't like the two compared.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal