collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UK collectors Tesco and Asda etc.?  (Read 1872 times)

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
UK collectors Tesco and Asda etc.?
« on: April 03, 2013, 01:08:41 PM »
Firstly I just wanted to mention that Tescos is having a half price sale on ponies so they are now £3.50 (ish) for the singles (sorry if you already knew that!)

Secondly, is it just near me (Glos.) where there seems to be no choice of ponies in any of the stores? I mean I trawled two Tescos, an Asda and a TRU today (after work!!!) and all they had were the same old RD, TS, PP, FS singles and double packs of Rarity and Luna and Princess Celestia and PP (which I got as I didn't have Celestia)....where are all the other ponies???

Have they just not been released yet or something? Surely I'm not going to have to buy them all on Ebay.....am I??

Also, it seems to be the same online (i.e. Tescos, Asda, TRU and Argos online stores...)...

I'd love to know what the other UK pony lovers are able to find in their stores, or if it's just because they're not out yet! Thanks  :)
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: UK collectors Tesco and Asda etc.?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 01:14:04 PM »
There are no other new UK releases at the moment.

We still have the wedding singles, and the newest sets to hit are the Luna/Rarity and Celestia/Pinkie Pie sets. There are of course the Build-a-Bear plushies - I got mine last night and love them!

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 01:24:44 PM »
So...my Cherry Berry and Applejack must have been old stock then? I found them by poking around right at the back behind all the Rainbow Dashes and Pinkie Pies!

I only started collecting the G4s this year so I've no idea what came out when, lol!
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 01:25:30 PM »
Yeah I was in Gloucester TRU last week, I did manage to find Rarity, Luna and Pinkie Pie fashion Style, plus the CE Rarity and Applejack I was missing and some trading cards.  I didn't get to go to Tesco or ASDA though.  Maybe next time when I visit some friends in the area.

Cheltenham Entertainer is also pretty grim pickings, plus slight rip off - staff there don't appear to know the difference between a Princess Pack (priced at £10) and a Single figure (priced at £5). When they scanned the pony at the till it read £10, I pointed out the sign that said £5, they let me have it for £5 but then went and changed all the labels on the shelf  :huh: 

There were some sets which were either released ages ago, very limited release or Mainland Europe/US/Aus/NZ release.  There is a helpful guide to the release types on the playsets somewhere here on the forum.  I have to say, probably only 30% of my G4 collection were actually shop bought. The rest from ebay and the Sales page on here  ;)

Gogobinsin

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 01:35:06 PM »
Yeah the shops aren't too great for ponies here at the moment :huh: I searched everywhere for Trixie, Lyra, Sunny Rays and Cherry Berry but for the life of me couldn't find them. There was a sign in a large Tesco Extra near me back in January that said New! And had Trixie and Lyra pictured but they never sold them :( I keep trying to buy them from people on here but can only find US sellers and the shipping is just ridiculous :( I did manage to get a FS Rarity and the Luna/Rarity set on sale last week though. Goodness knows when we'll see the new masquerade lot, I'm only interested in Sunset Shimmer but no doubt I'll miss her too when she's briefly in the shops :(

Edit: I have the choice of 2 average sized Tescos, 1 huge Tesco Extra, 1 huge Asda, a Smyths toy store (they're usually quite well stocked) and an Entertainer store. I have a fair choice of shops it's just a shame most of them don't have a big range of ponies.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:39:39 PM by Gogobinsin »

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 01:39:58 PM »
I really want Lyra...*sighs*

Guess we'll just have to be patient. It's just *so* expensive getting them second hand!  :shocked:

Post Merge: April 03, 2013, 01:42:28 PM

Yeah I was in Gloucester TRU last week, I did manage to find Rarity, Luna and Pinkie Pie fashion Style, plus the CE Rarity and Applejack I was missing and some trading cards.  I didn't get to go to Tesco or ASDA though.  Maybe next time when I visit some friends in the area.

Cheltenham Entertainer is also pretty grim pickings, plus slight rip off - staff there don't appear to know the difference between a Princess Pack (priced at £10) and a Single figure (priced at £5). When they scanned the pony at the till it read £10, I pointed out the sign that said £5, they let me have it for £5 but then went and changed all the labels on the shelf  :huh: 

There were some sets which were either released ages ago, very limited release or Mainland Europe/US/Aus/NZ release.  There is a helpful guide to the release types on the playsets somewhere here on the forum.  I have to say, probably only 30% of my G4 collection were actually shop bought. The rest from ebay and the Sales page on here  ;)

LOL, how funny that you were in Glos. TRU! Pretty dismal, isn't it? Also, I have friends in Tewkesbury too! Is that where you're from? I'm from Cheltenham!  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:42:28 PM by applejackbunny »

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 01:44:16 PM »
Yep I am from Tewkesbury!!  :lol: Small world ain't it ha ha

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 01:47:20 PM »
YAY for Gloucestershire Pony Lovers!!!  :frolic:

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 02:25:00 PM »
I searched everywhere for Trixie, Lyra, Sunny Rays and Cherry Berry but for the life of me couldn't find them.

My local Asda had reasonable stock when I was there a couple of weeks ago - if they still have them I can pick them up for you if you want?

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 02:25:51 PM »
the only other one I've seen is fashion style Luna in TRU but she was gone super fast.

Gogobinsin

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 02:38:34 PM »
I searched everywhere for Trixie, Lyra, Sunny Rays and Cherry Berry but for the life of me couldn't find them.

My local Asda had reasonable stock when I was there a couple of weeks ago - if they still have them I can pick them up for you if you want?

Really? I'll PM you :)

MissSleepless

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 03:06:55 PM »
I managed to get Lyra about a week after Christmas in my local ASDA, after that it's been the new tinsely ponies there and at other supermarkets. Wilkinson's used to be pretty great for getting the FS but now they don't seem to stock any ponies at all.  I'm making a special trek to TRU friday after work to scope out what they have xD

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 03:12:53 PM »
I managed to get Lyra about a week after Christmas in my local ASDA, after that it's been the new tinsely ponies there and at other supermarkets. Wilkinson's used to be pretty great for getting the FS but now they don't seem to stock any ponies at all.  I'm making a special trek to TRU friday after work to scope out what they have xD

I've never seen anything in Wilkinsons -_-, maybe I missed it if yours doesn't have them any more.

I have a large Tesco, a Tesco direct, two very large Asdas, TRU, Smyths, The Entertainer.... and I still struggle here in Bristol. It's so hit and miss as to whether there is or isn't anything new. I still can't find wave 7 BBs anywhere. I think everyone stocked up on 6 and now have loads left over.
Though on the plus one Asda restocked with Glimmer wings, so I was able to get Fluttershy :frolic:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 04:37:39 PM »
Argos can on occasion be good but because they sell in assortment you have to get staff to help you out and you therefore never know what they actually have!

As for supermarkets...I have pretty much given up locally other than one Asda and one Tesco [and I am within 20 mins of 2 x Asda 24 hours and 3 x Tesco 24 hours not to mention 3 Morrisons and 2 Sainsburys!] - none of the others ever seem to have any stock.

My Toymaster has a reasonable selection sometimes...but there other toys tend to distract me when I go in.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Tulip

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 05:47:55 PM »
People looking for Lyra/Trixie and the ones in the same set/release, I found mine, by complete fluke, in Debenhams! I'll be back in Reading town centre soon if anyone wanted me to check/ grab one for anyone else? I'm happy to ship out if you pay P&P?
The Tesco's I check never have any new ones in, but Reading Entertainer actually has relatively new stock in right now, both the do-it-yourself-esque fluttershy and rainbow dash!
And TRU has Rarity & friend on scooters. Looked fun but I haven't bought either of the above packs.
Oh, and Reading Build a Bear does have loaaads of Pinkie Pies and Rainbow Dash's.. I should know, I got my Pinkie Pie today! <3
Back after a 6+ year hiatus!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal