collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Holy Guacamole: old pony stock?  (Read 1044 times)

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Holy Guacamole: old pony stock?
« on: April 03, 2013, 09:29:11 AM »
I went into a random grocery store yesterday and their toy section was FILLED with the old Target Canterlot Castle sets (in a Canadian store thats not Target whaaat?).  Isn't that weird?  They had the Luna/Celestia brushable 2 pack, the pack with Starbeam Twinkle (I need to get this set), and TONS of the Luna/Pinkie Pie set as well as the Royal Ball at Canterlot Castle 6 pack.... I was surprised, I thought all this stuff was not sold anymore.

Offline BrightIdea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Guacamole: old pony stock?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 09:35:58 AM »
That is kind of weird, although I see the set with Starbeam Twinkle everywhere around here.

I guess they made way too much.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyDi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 10:08:54 AM »
Was it a superstore by chance? The superstore here in Kitchener has the sets you describe.  I got my applejack thy way. A friend and I split the canter lot ball/ wedding set. Lol.  I also got a shine bright flutter shy too. 

Offline joey

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 10:13:15 AM »
Was it a superstore by chance? The superstore here in Kitchener has the sets you describe.  I got my applejack thy way. A friend and I split the canter lot ball/ wedding set. Lol.  I also got a shine bright flutter shy too.

Yes it is Superstore!  They have buy one get one free on single ponies!  I might get a couple  >_<

Offline Tulip

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 10:14:45 AM »
Heh, these pony sets are still new to me.. Well, to be fair the UK gets stock after the US anyway..
Back after a 6+ year hiatus!

Offline LadyDi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 10:15:27 AM »

Yes it is Superstore!  They have buy one get one free on single ponies!  I might get a couple  >_<

I figured it was! lol. What?! :O I need to go check it out lol.

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 10:29:21 AM »
 :shocked:buy one get one free ponies? Do you now if that's Ontario wide? I gonna go check today!!

Offline joey

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 10:39:48 AM »
:shocked:buy one get one free ponies? Do you now if that's Ontario wide? I gonna go check today!!

Check check check! It's at least in the flyer for the one nearest me. Playful pony singles! I think LPS singles too.

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 11:35:55 AM »
Wow, lucky! And I thought MY local stores were behind on new releases xD

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 12:27:06 PM »
Those Target exclusives are exclusive to Superstore in Canada :) They've been around since at least this time last year and right now they are all on clearance at all my Superstores in Calgary. They don't always mark the clearance prices on the shelves though so when in doubt, use the price checker :)

Offline joey

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »
Those Target exclusives are exclusive to Superstore in Canada :) They've been around since at least this time last year and right now they are all on clearance at all my Superstores in Calgary. They don't always mark the clearance prices on the shelves though so when in doubt, use the price checker :)

You're amazing I'm gonna do that! Fingers crossed, the section seems really disorganized so you could be right!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 03:05:33 PM »
I found Shine Bright Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie as well as the other sets, wave 5 BB's and glimmer wings as well as the new littlest So Soft ponies there at the one in Wasaga Beach...very cool! Makes me hopeful that we'll get more in the future...thank you so much for keeping everyone informed!

shadowdreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 03:41:45 PM »
You are so lucky! My target never got any of the target exclusive shine bright ponies...nor any of the ponies for the canterlot exclusives. I guess that is my fault for living in a small town in the south XD

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 04:07:21 PM »

You're amazing I'm gonna do that! Fingers crossed, the section seems really disorganized so you could be right!

No prob! glad I could help. I go there every week and check the ponies obsessively, lol. Some stores are a mess, my favorite one to check is a disaster and they have ponies in like 6 different areas of the toy department so I have to really hunt but I've gotten some awesome finds from that store  :biggrin:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 04:47:24 PM »
Some exclusives filter later to retailers as they are only offered to retailers later and after initial release in the exclusive country/store. Not always the case but I am guessing from the amount of these Target sets which seem to have shown up in Canada Superstores that has been the case here.

Congrats on finding them!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal