collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What condition do you look for in the ponies you collect?

Mint or NM condition, totally original ponies.
Ponies that display well, hidden marks acceptable, but all original.
Anything that looks good, including replicas and rehairs etc.
Mistreated ponies, so I can pamper them in my spa!
Custom bait - I primarily customize.
Other - please specify

Author Topic: What condition do you look for in your collection?  (Read 3027 times)

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What condition do you look for in your collection?
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2013, 05:48:23 PM »
I am a very picky collector.  NM or M for me.  However, I am also a completionist so I can't stand to let something go if I don't already have it.  I have several place holders in my collection as a result of this.  Usually that determines who is on my most wanted list.  I need to pass on the baiter ponies to collectors who will treasure them.  I am also not a fan of rehairing, I like all my ponies to be original.  All of this adds up to a never ending cycle of hunting for ponies and a lifelong goal of having a 100% mint collection! 

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2013, 06:37:14 PM »
Anything that displays nicely, replicas and rehairs welcome. Any marks that aren't super obvious or clean up nice are fine with me, I'm not picky as long as the pony doesn't look like it got eaten by a lawnmower or something.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2013, 08:31:53 PM »
I really not a picky collector. There are flaws like regrind and cancer I don't like. I normally just go with the flow. I like ponies that display well was my answer. I can't always look for near mint ponies myself and they are sometimes way out of my price range. :/

shadowdreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2013, 08:44:02 PM »
For G1 and G2 ponies, I just care that they look good, a scuff here or a paint dot there is fine,but for any G4 pony, I liked mint in the box since they are new ponies I do not think that is to much to ask for.  I do like barbie dolls and dolls in general, and if they are nice maybe a factory error or something fixable or just slightly noticeable, I am find,but I also like my dolls in a box. I am what I like to call a box collector.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2013, 09:36:11 PM »
For me it would be ponies that display well. I am by no means a picky collector, but I prefer mine to be original. That means no rehairs or anything, unless it's a comission with a different color of hair.
I have ponies in my collection that would probably make a NM collector freak. But I'm not picky. As long as the pony isn't so gross that I don't want to touch it, I'll take it.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2013, 02:48:55 AM »
I'm picky; the mintier, the better.  But I'm a bit more forgiving with nirvanas.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal