collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Guinea pig ate some plastic..thing.  (Read 3325 times)

Offline bagheera86

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Guinea pig ate some plastic..thing.
« on: March 30, 2013, 08:30:44 PM »
Ugh I was sure I checked the lawn before I moved the hutch (iv'e been picking cigerrette butts up ALL week) but apparently not, my youngest gping found a strip of blue plastic, it's blue so it was either a thread from the tarp or from one of those rice bags.

He seems fine for the moment (really, REALLY. He chose that over carrots/lettuce/hay/grass/capsium and strawberriess?) but what should I do? Rush him to the vet or just watch him for now?

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
Re: Guinea pig ate some plastic..thing.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 08:34:19 PM »
I would just keep an eye on him. If possible, keep separate (if he's not) with an easy to inspect substrate. Make sure he's pooping normally.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »
I would just keep an eye on him. If possible, keep separate (if he's not) with an easy to inspect substrate. Make sure he's pooping normally.

OH, that makes sense, thank  you!

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 09:04:57 PM »
Hmm, GP's have very sensitive digestive tracts; you definitely don't want anything interupting the flow of food. How do you know he ate something blue? Did you see from a distance (but were too late to stop it), or has he already pooped some out? If he poops it out, that's good, of course; that means it's passing through without harm.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 09:59:09 PM »
Hmm, GP's have very sensitive digestive tracts; you definitely don't want anything interupting the flow of food. How do you know he ate something blue? Did you see from a distance (but were too late to stop it), or has he already pooped some out? If he poops it out, that's good, of course; that means it's passing through without harm.

yes I saw it. i shifted the cage, gave them the food and I saw my white one eating something, and i quickly goton my knees to grab him but he got to the far end of the hutch and kinda just, quickly gobbled it up =-=; I was hoping to yank it out before he could finish it.

Offline Spike

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 01:28:00 AM »

yes I saw it. i shifted the cage, gave them the food and I saw my white one eating something, and i quickly goton my knees to grab him but he got to the far end of the hutch and kinda just, quickly gobbled it up =-=; I was hoping to yank it out before he could finish it.

Custard is going to get a smack from me. Naughty boy! Dw I'll be over on Tuesday or Wednesday with a wooden spoon ~

Loljk.

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 05:14:01 AM »

Custard is going to get a smack from me. Naughty boy! Dw I'll be over on Tuesday or Wednesday with a wooden spoon ~

Loljk.

You have NO idea haha. That horrible monkey face butt.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 07:19:56 AM »
Watch him. Keep a close eye on whether he's eating or pooing. Usually things like that will pass ok, but if they don't, you need to be ready. Make sure he gets lots of hay to try to get things out of him quick. Plastic can be a nasty thing to deal with when it causes blockages.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 08:42:20 AM »
Watch him. Keep a close eye on whether he's eating or pooing. Usually things like that will pass ok, but if they don't, you need to be ready. Make sure he gets lots of hay to try to get things out of him quick. Plastic can be a nasty thing to deal with when it causes blockages.

yep plenty of hay, he's eating and squealing for more, I've moved the bigger pig out so I can watch the poop properly!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 05:17:18 PM »
gotta love them nonetheless, my sister on the other hand has a kitty that is like this once he starts to eat something it is automatic pilot till it is gone. 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 05:25:29 PM »
Poor dumb little thing!  I hope he's okay...

Offline Spike

• Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 06:38:04 PM »

Loljk.

You have NO idea haha. That horrible monkey face butt.

I do have an idea. Who was the one chewing the beautiful enclosure I made! LOLOL

Offline bagheera86

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 12:31:08 AM »
[/time][/b][/color][/size]

Hey heeeyyy he's not dumb! He's just, intellectually challenged!

And update, he's eating fine yaaaay!

AND LOL I warned you about him, Spike! haha :D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 12:33:06 AM by bagheera86 »

Offline Spike

• Dabbles Pony
  • Monochrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 04:31:31 AM »
[/time][/b][/color][/size]

Hey heeeyyy he's not dumb! He's just, intellectually challenged!

And update, he's eating fine yaaaay!

AND LOL I warned you about him, Spike! haha :D

And I warned him about me too! LOL

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 06:05:15 AM »
I'm sure he'll be fine, we've had many pets chew on/eat things they shouldn't - I don't know what goes through their minds half the time. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal