collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you do when you fall out of love?  (Read 735 times)

Skitterbug

• Trade Count: (0)
What do you do when you fall out of love?
« on: March 30, 2013, 06:57:43 PM »
I'm so torn - i've been slowly falling out of love with my BJDs - I just can't get myself to love them anymore - I can't bring myself to spend money on new wigs or a faceup for my boy, or new clothes, I haven't even taken them out of their bags for a while. I'm even considering selling them - or at least the resinsoul boy. I'm just... hesitant to do so - what if I regret it? His headsculpt isn't made anymore, it was a featherfall dealer exclusive and they've closed. I see all these pictures of beautiful dolls and know I just can't bring myself to spend the money to make them look like that. I'm just... unhappy.

I don't know if anyone's ever felt like this. I thought I might feel better about them but it's just... not working, the spark isn't coming back.

I get sad when I think about selling them, but that's just because I saved for so long to get them, it's hardly about the dolls...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:02:41 PM by Skitterbug »

Offline Flaileigh

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do when you fall out of love?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 08:30:17 PM »
Have you considered a break? Seriously, I have dolls I've had for several years, and they don't even have a face-up yet. It's not that I don't love them, but I float from hobby to hobby for a period of time so I don't get too burnt out focusing on one thing.  ^.^

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 07:07:46 AM »
I'm not a BJD collector, so I can't speak to the kind of devotion you guys have to save up just for one doll. For me, though, if redressing, playing, photographing, etc doesn't make me fall in love, then I am a sell sell sell kinda girl.

wynter_myst

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 08:52:39 AM »
I was in a slightly different position. With my current (soon-to-be-former) job, I had no time and energy, or even desire to do anything with my dolls. I didn't take them out for almost two years, even though during that time I bought another girl. The new girl hadn't been touched until this weekend, when I finally got around to taking her out of the box.
Just doing the simple restringing and eye change, in addition to the promise of more free time with my new job, has made me fall in love with the hobby all over again.

But if you can't seem to get that spark back, maybe go though the motions to set up the sale (taking photos, figuring prices) and you might find something in the process? Otherwise, you'd  have a doll all prepped up for sale.
Also, since you're more reluctant to sell the Resinsoul, prep another doll instead?

theamazingfetus

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 10:29:46 AM »
With me, I'd rather sell a doll I haven't bonded with than let it sit around because bjds tend to be rather spoiled dolls. I know that even if I haven't bonded with the doll, that doesn't mean that there isn't someone else out there that would really love and appreciate them on their shelf.

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 10:37:42 AM »
With me, I'd rather sell a doll I haven't bonded with than let it sit around because bjds tend to be rather spoiled dolls. I know that even if I haven't bonded with the doll, that doesn't mean that there isn't someone else out there that would really love and appreciate them on their shelf.

I agree with this 100%. If I haven't bonded with a doll I'll sell them on. I don't like for things like dolls to sit around if they aren't gonna be loved. I know someone out there will love them.

Skitterbug

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 11:14:51 AM »
Thanks for all the replies! I only have two dolls, the other one was my first doll and her.. I don't think I could let her go ever. I might go through the motions to sell, or put up a feeler for the resinsoul - i don't even call him by his name - that's got to say something. :/ (well, two and a half dolls, one is just a body, i've only sold the head. :T) I find myself far more in love with some of my action figures, than these dolls. they're beautiful, but... hm. I don't know.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 01:00:46 PM »
I don't know that I've ever fallen in love with a doll (hehe)  but of course my interest fades about something or the other if it has been out on display a while.   If it is something I put a lot of time and $$ into collecting, I might pack it away for reconsideration later. 

If it is something I bought on an impulse and now feel stupid about it-  I'll sell it quick before the dolls bury me (or alternatively foist it off on a friend).

Offline Gothic_Redemption

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • aaaAAAAAあああああああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 03:12:58 PM »
That's sad. It's an Iruhi you're thinking of selling, right? If you do, might as well post him here. He's cute and'll find someone.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

/人 ‿‿ 人\

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal