collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: They meant well...  (Read 685 times)

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
They meant well...
« on: March 29, 2013, 08:47:43 PM »
Ever had a person try to help you with your ponies, only to make a terrible mistake? Share your horror stories!

Not a big deal, but I just got my rehairing tool the other day. I was idly widening Sea Breeze's shrunken mane plugs, then set her head and the tool down for a while. My brother came over and started fiddling with things, then a few minutes later asked "you want this row as long as the other, right?" Sea Breeze has a few extra plug holes up front now...  :ack:

I've also had a friend give Minty a mullet to match her short tail before he sent her to me... I laugh every time I see her mane.

Glitzy Gems

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: They meant well...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 09:02:47 PM »
post mullet minty!

As for horror stories....
Closest I got are friends messing with my pony's hairdos so I have to do them over completely again

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 09:06:49 PM »
I had a G1 that I wanted to check the inside of because of some odd-looking spots.  I had the Xacto knife and I was cutting, gently so I wouldn't puncture the plug.  My parents freaked because they didn't like the way I was handling it, so my grandfather took the knife and tried it himself.  He broke through the plug a little.  I tried to tell him to back out a bit and only cut it at half the distance in, but he misunderstood and cut through the plug some more.

It was a common pony, so I wasn't too concerned, but I did take it from him immediately.  And he did help; I was able to check inside like I wanted to.

Oh yeah, and letting my friends customize without proper instruction was a bad move on my part.  I told them everything I did and showed them how to do it, but there were lots of messy, wasteful bits in between that made me cringe, especially when it came to rehairing.  It would've been better to let them study the same online tutorials that I started with...

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 10:15:34 PM »
I still remember playing ponies with my friend Katie one time.  I looked up to find her brushing my Sparkler's tail across her leg.  She didn't mean any harm, but she brushed out most of the original curl (and I've always had a thing for original curl).  Sparkler (unicorn) was one of my top favorites, so I was pretty mad at the time, though now I feel kind of bad for getting upset over something that must have seemed minor to her.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline BubbleSurprise

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 10:19:57 PM »
Show pics of mullet Minty! :P I think the worst I ever had was a friend in my room looking at books to borrow, and she noticed my SS Buttons that had perfect factory curl. She thought the hair style looked odd though and proceeded to brush it straight with my hairbrush. I was quite sad :(

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 10:37:24 PM »
Lol, these are scary stories.  Thanks for sharing :D!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 10:47:44 PM »
Omg  :biggrin:

Ive been lucky then, altough..
As a kid i got these fakies i liked and my little brothers liked them too. Middle bro especially, he took one of them many times with him and played with the fakie. At some point, the fakies head had come of and my poor little bro was scared and cried. I think i remember being little mad, but just saying, try playing little nicer or something like that. You could put the head back, so there was no harm done.

Thank you :heart:

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 10:57:52 PM »
My camera has gone M.I.A, so I had to use my webcam.

Minty is business on the DS...

Party on the NDS

It's just such a weird, shaggy, uneven cut. :P

Offline Mismatch

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 02:03:22 AM »
I still remember playing ponies with my friend Katie one time.  I looked up to find her brushing my Sparkler's tail across her leg.  She didn't mean any harm, but she brushed out most of the original curl (and I've always had a thing for original curl).  Sparkler (unicorn) was one of my top favorites, so I was pretty mad at the time, though now I feel kind of bad for getting upset over something that must have seemed minor to her.

I once showed one of my old landladies a Kingsley with original curl, and soon as I pointed it out, she IMMEDIATELY starting combing her fingers through it and rubbing it. 

Needless to say, I snatched it back in utter horror.

Everyone I know has been educated (willingly or otherwise) by now on proper care and handling of ponies, which usually boils down to 'Don't Touch'.  If nothing else, the fear of me seizing upon their interest as a My Little Pony 'teachable moment' usually makes them give my collection a two metre berth at all times :)

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 03:29:49 AM »
i have a flea market story to share: my work-mate bought 2 ponies from a seller (they were original G1 MLPs because i told her what to look for) for 20 eur, 10 eur per pony and it was a regular peachy and a music time with paint on her. O___o

she thought she did me a favour buying them for me but UGH. 20 eur for 1 very common and 1 messed up music time ^^ yeah. of course i gave her the money because i found it very nice of her to get them for me ^^
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 01:44:12 PM »
Oh dear! I agree though that often its the thought that counts and its sweet that your brother decided to help you out even if it wasnt all that helpful!

I cant think of any family or friend disasters I have had to be honest, I think I have been pretty lucky! But then again I have trained my mother well know so she knows what to expect and what to do and what not to do :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 02:22:43 PM »
Yeras and years ago I found plush mom & baby Suprise at the flea market.  My mother offered to wash them for me while I was at school the next day, but she forgot to set the dryer to "air only" and melted their hair.  She combed and combed for HOURS hoping to fix them before I got home but they were never really great after that.  I didn't mind so much since she had worked so hard trying to fix them.  Years later I flat ironed them and the looked a ton better, but she still feels bad.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal