collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cleo's tinsel hair  (Read 296 times)

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Cleo's tinsel hair
« on: March 29, 2013, 08:32:47 AM »
So I was thinking about Cleo's tinseled hair today, while procrastinating. I should be working not thinking about Cleo :). Anyway, she seems to have tinsel quite often and people don't seem to like it much. I don't have a problem with it, but getting to the point finally.

I was wondering, has anybody ever rehaired her to get the signature look, where she has black and blonde hair, with actual hair? Like the stripes in sig Frankie's hair are black but not tinsel. If so does anybody have pictures? i would like to see what Cleo would look like.

Come to think of it, why do people dislike the tinsel in her hair?

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
Re: Cleo's tinsel hair
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 10:51:33 AM »
I just dislike tinsel period. I always have. It's cheap, plasticy, and tends to go wonky and make the rest of the hair look off. None of my Cleos are like that (yet), but I've seen ponies with tinsel that're atrocious. I dislike glitter for the same reasons, which is a large part of my lack of abbey dolls too; she's got both.

That said, I think it was Kala? Someone pulled the tinsel out and replaced it with GoldenGoddess, and it was gorgeous. I'm just not quite to the point of doing that with my Cleos.
He who serves two masters lies to one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Flutterwonder13

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 11:01:15 AM »
I just dislike tinsel period. I always have. It's cheap, plasticy, and tends to go wonky and make the rest of the hair look off. None of my Cleos are like that (yet), but I've seen ponies with tinsel that're atrocious. I dislike glitter for the same reasons, which is a large part of my lack of abbey dolls too; she's got both.

That said, I think it was Kala? Someone pulled the tinsel out and replaced it with GoldenGoddess, and it was gorgeous. I'm just not quite to the point of doing that with my Cleos.

Tinsel ponies are just horrid. I spent an hour ripping the tinsel out my crystal empire Luna! I don't mind the kind of tinsel Abby has since it's not as cheap and crinkly as Cleo's. If I ever got a tinsely Cleo I'd have to remove it, that's why I love Scaris Cleo so much!

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 12:09:35 PM »
You both have good points about tinsel. When I was little I loved my tinseled ponies to bits, because I thought they were fancy. My Princess Primrose was my absolute tinsel queen! I loved and still love her so much. Ahem, back to MH after my fangirl attack :lol:

Where can I see Kala's rehaired Cleo? I'm intrigued to know how she looks.

The Scaris Cleo has no tinsel? Cool! I haven't seen her in person yet. I have noticed that promo pics can be sort of misleading at times. They don't do the dolls justice all the time.

Does 2.0 Cleo have tinsel? It's difficult to tell from promo pics.

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 12:26:13 PM »
2.0 Does, because she's my first doll. The only Cleo released without are Skull Shores in the 5 pack, and the new, gorgeous Scaris.
I totally don't have a bias for her. Not at all.

And I'm not sure where she'd have pictures. I remember seeing them a while back her? So maybe one of the picture focused threads? But outside that I can't really say.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 12:48:13 PM »
Thanks DoomBunnies! I'll have to PM Kala and ask to see pics.

Biased on Scaris Cleo? Whyever not! She is gorgeous! i love everything about her!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 04:49:22 PM »
Ravie has a "show-accurate" Cleo too.  Love Ravie's re-roots!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Wrenn_Rosencrantz

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Somewhere over the rainbow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 05:26:44 AM »
I've de-tinseled all of my Cleos.  For one, I think it makes her look better.  Also, I found that it strips and curls like cheap plastic.  It doesn't make for very style-able hair, sadly.  So, yes.  Always de-tinseled.
Wrenn's Wish List! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal