collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Parasol...  (Read 700 times)

Offline FoolBornUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
Parasol...
« on: March 27, 2013, 07:14:39 PM »
 -_-...I'm a dummy....
I haven't been part of the pony community for very long, I bought my first G1 in 2012..
Well, I recently got Parasol for $4. I figured it was a steal, considering she was in fairly good condition. :newpony: Her symbols were excellent, her mane was awesome, her tail needed a little work, but I was totally willing to do it. She just had this look in her eyes that said 'I need a good home where I'll be loved forever'...
I couldn't resist it. :lovey:

When she arrived, I noticed her plastic felt different from all my other G1's. It was more 'heavy-duty'. And her eyes looked a little different...
I got a 2007 remake... Without even realizing it... -_-
It is in no way the seller's fault, they CLEARLY stated that her hoof read 2007.
I was just careless...  :redface:
Has anyone else ever done something like this?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SilkSpun

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • *wiggles*
    • View Profile
Re: Parasol...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 08:30:06 PM »
Don't feel too bad, those dang remakes get me all the time! I'll be browsing ebay and get a total OMG moment until three minutes in when I realize that perfectly minty Minty for $1 is just a remake... It's always a lame feeling.
Formerly SilkSpindle!

glitter the unicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 08:41:31 PM »
you shouldnt feel too bad, if you enjoy having a pony, then it was worth the buy. i was, however, fooled by a repro butterscotch at a flea market. i still really enjoy having her in my herd, though. and lol minty minty.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 08:47:21 PM »
They're still mlp, right? She was a celebration of ponies having been around for 25 yrs! She's something to look at and be proud of, not as though she's some kind of shoddy 0.50 cent knockoff!

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 09:36:30 PM »
Sorry if I sound totally nooby, but what's wrong with a remake pony? Doesn't she still look very similar to the original? And aren't they still made my Hasbro (aka not a fakie)? Are they seen as less than 80s G1 ponies?

Offline FoolBornUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 11:07:03 PM »
There's nothing wrong with her. She's amazing and beautiful and I love her forever and ever, no matter what year she was made! :lovey:
I just felt dumb because I was so blinded by cuteness, that I didn't read all of the listing...  :blush:

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 11:12:25 PM »
-_-...I'm a dummy....
I haven't been part of the pony community for very long, I bought my first G1 in 2012..
Well, I recently got Parasol for $4. I figured it was a steal, considering she was in fairly good condition. :newpony: Her symbols were excellent, her mane was awesome, her tail needed a little work, but I was totally willing to do it. She just had this look in her eyes that said 'I need a good home where I'll be loved forever'...
I couldn't resist it. :lovey:

When she arrived, I noticed her plastic felt different from all my other G1's. It was more 'heavy-duty'. And her eyes looked a little different...
I got a 2007 remake... Without even realizing it... -_-
It is in no way the seller's fault, they CLEARLY stated that her hoof read 2007.
I was just careless...  :redface:
Has anyone else ever done something like this?

Sure have! I did this with a lot of ponies and I thought there was G1's in and realized after the auction ended they were remakes. I liked them.. But I gave them away after a while.
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

nollilols

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 02:06:01 AM »
I'd love to have those remakes, they're always extortionately priced in their set boxes on Ebay - I don't want boxes ones, I just want them because they're so new and mint. And it's often hard to find those ponies in NM condition from the 80s. And those sets have Starshine and Skydancer, two of my favourite ponies. I'd actually love to get my hands on those two reissue sets of rainbow ponies.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 04:24:59 AM »
I honestly don't like the eyes on the re-issue rainbow ponies, they just aren't... right to me. I wouldn't mind a MIB set, but I wouldn't buy them loose unless they came in a lot with something I really wanted. 

I've looked at a few lots with what I thought to be G1's only to find they were the repros! I've nearly been fooled in bait lots too!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 04:28:28 AM by Stormness_1 »

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 04:36:31 AM »
My sister and I were at the flea market and she was all, "OMG! A vintage pony!" I knew right away it was the remake of Blue Belle because the hair is a slightly different color, lol :) I didn't get her because I have that set MIB. My sister said she wouldn't have even thought to look at the year on the hoof ;)
My Wish List

nollilols

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 04:59:20 AM »
See I want them so badly without having to pay the 15-odd euro people seem to want on Ebay that I started a Wanted thread. Want ponehs!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 09:02:57 AM »
I was at the thrift store last year and they've really gone up in price well I spotted a couple rainbow ponys. G1 I already had them but the eyes looked different and the symbols were weird. I couldn't open the bag but for three of them and a bunch of others I thought I'd try it I got them home looked at there hold and was like yay! Remakes! So I have both counterparts standing next to each other

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 03:43:19 PM »
As long as you love her thats the important part - so dont feel bad :)

But yes, I have easily in the past done that on auctions - got too excited over the lising, hit that BIN button and then gone back and realised what I purchased was not what I thought it was. I think most collectors will have had or will have *smack forehead* moments :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 04:02:26 PM »
No worries, you can still love her!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal