collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How should a pony be marked to note that it has been rehaired?

Write under a foot in permenant marker
12 (33.3%)
Carve under a foot
11 (30.6%)
Other. Please specify.
13 (36.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: April 25, 2013, 06:26:47 PM

Author Topic: How to properly mark a rehaired pony. Thoughts? Opinions?  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: How to properly mark a rehaired pony. Thoughts? Opinions?
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2013, 12:18:27 AM »
I must say I don't have any rehairs in my collection that I know of, and I'd be pretty miffed if I paid extra for minty original hair and it turned out to be a rehair, nirvana or otherwise. I personally would rather restore hair than replace it, but sometimes it's a last resort, and it's good to know if it ever comes to that with a pony, what is the 'recommended' method of indicating it is a rehair, 'just in case' I was to let it go, or was sold in my absence, or even to recognize such a marking if I was to purchase one in the future. This is a great thread, on an important issue. keep the suggestions coming guys!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2013, 06:07:47 PM »
Even if a method was agreed upon - there are thousands of ebay sellers and not all of them are members on here or even know this site exists and many are not english speakers. How would one go about making the marking an industry standard??

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2013, 07:45:35 AM »
Even if a method was agreed upon - there are thousands of ebay sellers and not all of them are members on here or even know this site exists and many are not english speakers. How would one go about making the marking an industry standard??

Even if just the sellers here did it it would be a good start. Word will spread slowly
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 08:00:15 AM »

Even if just the sellers here did it it would be a good start. Word will spread slowly

I so agree with Lady Starflower...it's a start.  There is no control over people who are just out to make a buck on other sites including ebay.  You have to start some where and what better place then within the Community.
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline rtattles

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+39)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Rtattles' Blog
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2013, 03:44:20 PM »
I highly object against inks and markers. Carving is a no-no as well. Honestly I don't really care if the rehair is so good that it is better than factory. I will only complain if I bought the pony not knowing that it is a rehair and craftmanship turns out a lot less than desired. Takes a bit of gamble, but really it really depends on the honesty of the seller.I mean if theywant to cheat, they will and they will find ways to hide the facts, so I'd say leave the pony alone. It's not her fault.

Inventorising my collection @ http://rtattles.wordpress.com/
Formerly known as DebonaireThundercloud

Offline gotbunny

• Trade Count: (+187)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • Bunnies RULE!!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sleepyhollowrabbitry.com/gotbunny
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2013, 09:58:37 AM »
Great thread everybody, I have been wondering this myself. As most you know I'm a customizer and buy so called bait lots but a good portion of then are not what I consider bait. Most just need a little TLC with maybe a partial rehair.  I want to give the originals a second chance before being customs. So Anyways here are my procedures and any thought  would be nice.
I do rehair those that just need new hair mostly due to being bald ( I';m only talking US and UK ponies here), but I don;t use hair from a store/ shop.  So if I'm rehairing a Moonstone in example I  rehair with the hair from a  Baity moonstone I had used for a custom.  I take time to make sure it matches the fading and such.
Now those I have done this with I burn with a embroidery needle and candle  RH in the neck seam as such. I also leave the heads loose.

By the way it stays black, I have scrub the snot out of it and none of it has come off.
What you guys think? Yah, Nah?. Bait all I get or what?
Let your imagination run wild

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal