collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are you working on? (Custom MH projects)  (Read 7484 times)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: What are you working on? (Custom MH projects)
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2013, 10:44:48 AM »
I have seen it suggested Testors Dullcote on the body, and MSC on the head because MSC will flake off of the body, but TD will not. Of course, if it's going on over a layer of paint, both should work fine.

Feyona

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2013, 11:29:24 AM »
A little question that goes out to all you crafty customizers: what type of sealant do you use when you do fullbody repaints? A lot of people have recommended Mr. Super Clear to me, but it's so costly to import :(
I bough it for $10-$12 with free shipping option from Chinese seller. I don't think it's really costly... Especially when it comes to OOAK, it's very important to use high-quality products for your custom projects.

elonni

« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2013, 02:01:51 PM »
A little question that goes out to all you crafty customizers: what type of sealant do you use when you do fullbody repaints? A lot of people have recommended Mr. Super Clear to me, but it's so costly to import :(

Do you know a place where you could import it from? This is the sealant that everybody recommends, but we don't have it in Finland and I haven't found a store that can ship it internationally yet.

JustHereForPictures

« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2013, 02:04:25 PM »
I was thinking about sealant myself.

Do you think it'd be possible to get away with just using sealant made for acrylic paint (or whatever other medium)?

There's also some sealant I've seen made for things like Warhammer, to seal the paint onto those little figurines, would that work?

elonni

« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2013, 03:07:20 PM »
I was thinking about sealant myself.

Do you think it'd be possible to get away with just using sealant made for acrylic paint (or whatever other medium)?

There's also some sealant I've seen made for things like Warhammer, to seal the paint onto those little figurines, would that work?

I have been using a local sealant for acrylic paint, at least for now. But I have only used it on the face, not the body. So far, it seems to be fine.

By the way, I now noticed that Feyona answered my previous question about where to import MSC from.  :blush: There are some Chinese sellers on Ebay that ship abroad, though delivery takes 45 working days.  :blink:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2013, 04:20:28 PM »
I bough it for $10-$12 with free shipping option from Chinese seller. I don't think it's really costly... Especially when it comes to OOAK, it's very important to use high-quality products for your custom projects.

I have seen some sellers on German ebay and the cheapest option was 18€, including shipping.
That is kind of costly to me when I hear some people just buy it for 5$ on amazon.com ;)

Okay, I think I'll stick to MSC then.
Thanks for the input, guys! :)

Feyona

« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2013, 06:01:18 PM »
I have seen some sellers on German ebay and the cheapest option was 18€, including shipping.
That is kind of costly to me when I hear some people just buy it for 5$ on amazon.com ;)

I see. I am just not really sure what is costly in Germany. But I agree that 18 euros ($20 ?) is kind of expensive. If I'd live in Ukraine (I left it 3,5 years ago), I couldn't afford it at all with our salaries.
 I ordered mine from Chinese seller. But I learned to close my eyes when I spend money on my hobby and just buy whatever works better according to information from famous ooakers. There is a proverb, I believe, from England. I am not that rich to buy cheap things. It worked so many-many-many times for me. Every time I buy something cheaper, it just doesn't work properly. You can use alternative tools, but not cheap art-stuff. Wish you to find the best priced MSC.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2013, 06:46:04 PM »
At the moments I am trying to survive this semester in college and Im making custom clothes in my spare time (what's that!  :blink: )

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2013, 10:03:19 PM »
Ugh dealing with school too. >,>;

I wanna stop putting this ghoul aside and get her done already, so I'm hoping to get her done soon. Just need to order some hair for her, re-root her and possibly commission someone to make her outfit for her.
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2013, 10:08:39 PM »
Ugh dealing with school too. >,>;

I wanna stop putting this ghoul aside and get her done already, so I'm hoping to get her done soon. Just need to order some hair for her, re-root her and possibly commission someone to make her outfit for her.

Let me know if I can help in the clothes department  ^.^

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2013, 01:51:04 AM »
I'll start thinking about her outfit getting made once the rooting is complete. :P (Or should it be the other way around or in any order...hmm :wonder:)

Her outfit breaks down into 3 parts: her top, her bottom (both black) and her dress.

Her top is a bare shoulder, bare midriff shirt like this:

Her bottom is a pair of stretchy capris leggings right at or below her knees like these:

Her dress, on the other hand, I'll need to have made specially for her. :P
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2013, 06:51:26 PM »
I need a Frankie that would look good rerooted in primarily pink.. any ideas?
So far I have come up with Signature, DOTD and DT w1... oh! And SO.. are there like no cheaper Frankies out right now with pink in her make up?
 I guess if it comes down to it I will either sacrafice my spare Signature or buy another DOTD doll because I wanted an extra set of her stock anyway..head scratcher..
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Melissa

« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2013, 06:59:09 PM »
Roller Maze Frankie has some pink eyeshadow on top... I have face pics of each Frankie release if you want.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2013, 07:01:52 PM »
I'd have to say DT 1 Frankie is the best one with pink makeup, all soft pink colored and all that softness. :P
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Melissa

« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2013, 07:23:51 PM »
I'm rerooting this lovely lady (face paint by rosierjay).

It's taking forever... I could've done 10 ponies by now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal