collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are you working on? (Custom MH projects)  (Read 7093 times)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Re: What are you working on? (Custom MH projects)
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 05:52:23 AM »
I'm still in the beginning stage of my first rerooting of my OC plant girl. Just need to get some hair.

Since we're in a thread about Customs, Let me hijack the thread for a quick moment:

What kinda hair material does what? I know it's been mentioned a few times but I can't remember what I read.

Kanekalon = no kinks or bends in hair, but shrivels and afroed when boil straightened
Nylon = Can only be styled straight and not boil permed/straightened
Saran = Can easily be styled with high temperature

I need to decide the right texture for her so please correct me if it's off, I need to know what does what.

And how much hair from who fills a whole MH head?? The hair style I'm going for is just about lower than the shoulder, about going down to her bust.

You have Nylon mixed up with Saran. :) Saran is straight only. It cannot be easily boil permed. If you do get it to curl, the curls generally fall out. Nylon curls tend to last a very very long time. Nylon is the same hair that MLP has. Saran often has a slick, almost oily feel to it.

I have been working very slowly on a reroot. I have  B&W frankie that I have been practicing on. Im ashamed of how she looks so I wont show her. But I was finally comfortable with my hairing method by the time I ran out of the color I was using on her.

So this is a serious attempt. Im turning scaris clawdeen into a role play character of mine. Her name is Zarlena Fox. Eventually she will have a faceup so she has an original look and fox markings to one degree or another. I want subtle. But I will either have to pay someone for the faceup or wait a long time. I need to practice and with tendinitis in one arm and carpal tunnel in the other, I cant do much. I have been patiently working on her maybe about 10-15 plugs at a time.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Its early morning with little light and these are just phone pics, so nothing special.

Hair is nylon. It's about 4 or 5 different colors right now in the blend. Im trying to use up the stuff I have on hand and I love subtle, more realistic blends. I AM considering adding in a streak of red, but Im not positive yet.

Lesson learned: Start from the bottom and work your way up. If you start with the part then it just gets in the way.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:28:40 AM by Maniah »

Pony_Mommy

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 06:23:27 AM »
Right now I am rerooting my CAM Sea Monster but am slacking pretty bad on that. I need to get her done.
Also after seeing all of my dolls my mother in law wanted me to make her a set of fairies a girl and a boy. (She does this with everything I get into, I have already done a pony with a fairy symbol and an action figure fairy for her.) So she bought all of the supplies I will need and these are going to be my first full faceups. I am working on the sketch for the girls face now. Made wings with fantasy film. Hopefully I will be done soon and can post pics.

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 08:38:42 AM »
I have so many customizing plans! 

Currently in progress:
- practice faceup on Bratz boy doll
- Bratz Kidz head w/ acrylic eyes to replace the Novi Stars head I put on a MH body
- faceup & body blushing on dragon CAM
- Adventure Time customs - Marceline and Princess Bubblegum (using werewolf cam and the cat cam respectively)
- Barbie scooter repaint

I also plan to:
- paint the ice girl's body so it matches her head better and blends with the translucent forelimbs
- paint a thrift store Barbie scooter
- make dolls of my many OCs

Offline LunaDehligt

• Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 08:49:35 AM »
Cool dolls :O

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 10:00:18 AM »
Maniah she is looking fabulous!

Ironically I'm rerooting my "Golden Clawdeen" in Golden Goddess with streaks of lighter yellows.  Great minds, eh? Nice work!

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 10:12:29 AM »
hehe! Golden goddess is one of the highlights I am using, but I am only doing a tiny bit of it. I really look forward to seeing yours!

Hmm.. colors in my blend so far.. Butterscotch, Golden Goddess, English Toffee, Buttercreme, Virgin Snow, Honeysuckle, and Golden Sun.

OK.. I underestimated my numbers before. 7 colors. lol. I always seem to use so many, to do the most subtle, plain results.

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 10:15:59 AM »
Wowsa!  She is a stunner!  Brilliant hair blend!

Offline Angellove

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 11:11:47 AM »
Maniah she is stunning.

My projects
fix the dragon girls legs and tail. (tail is now removable just need to add scales and make it look nice.)
started on a snake girl
mummy
boy mummy
sea creature (need body)
male cat
Winged unicorn
zombie (need parts)
make jack #2

every time I think about making something new I draw it out.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:02:51 PM by Angellove »

Offline Wrenn_Rosencrantz

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Somewhere over the rainbow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 11:49:08 AM »
At the moment, I have three customs for myself on the go.  I have:

- A calico cat who was a RP character of mine called Anaxerete ("Ana-zer-ret-tay").  I'm making her out of a Catrine.

- Rehairing a Sig Howleen who had a hair mishap.  I got a really awesome color in a random 5-pack from Dollyhair.com that I thought suited her, so I practiced re-hairing on her.

- A sort-of me doll (doesn't look like me, but how I would like to look or imagine I would look?  How I look on the inside?) that's made out of my very first MH doll, DotD Cleo who had bad glue seepage.

I also have a bunch of CAM's that I'm going to be re-hairing for myself.  I don't really count those as customs for myself though because I won't be changing their face makeup.

Fun fun!
Wrenn's Wish List! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 12:13:30 PM »
Alice is scaring me  :shocked:

yes Nana-Rena exactly =D i love Chanel, it's my favourite fashion designer and now i've made this dress I guess Lala + Chanel = happy wedding :p

By a wonderful chance I've studied sewing in the same region as coco chanel nearly one century before me :p

And I love her style, classical but fashion, with nude, pearl, black and white style... I can talk about fashion all the day  :blush:

I agree Chanel suits Lala extremely well! I hadn't thought of it before I saw your dress, but it's a perfect fit!

Maniah: Love that Clawdeen! What char is she becoming and in what game is she?

Offline Maniah

• Classifieds
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 12:27:41 PM »

Maniah: Love that Clawdeen! What char is she becoming and in what game is she?

Thank you!

Zarlena is a were-fox pirate from waaaaay back in the day when I used to RP in AOL chat rooms and message boards. lol. We used dice rollers in the chat rooms to do combat and stuff. She is an old character and one of my favorites.

I did reincarnate her for a tabletop game of Marvel Heroic, but that didn't last long for me since I really didn't like the system too much. Character generation rules are "make whatever you want. assign whatever dice you want to whatever powers you want." Great in theory.. in practice, not so great. The GM made me change things and I really like having guidelines to work with. Not a fun time.

I also plan to make a fallen angel who is another character back from my AOL days. I'm working on getting wings made for her first though.

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013, 12:33:15 PM »
Maniah: I have  the same problem with GURPS, but for me it's too mechanical and rules heavy, without much flexibility. Not my system.

Your fallen angel sounds cool, who are you using as a base?

I have to say that despite Clawdeen being a wolf in my mind very strongly, I have no trouble suspending belief and seeing her as a fox in your custom. She looks foxy, no pun intended ;)

idolstar

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 12:50:59 PM »
Everyone custom are so nice... I love the alice :P

Am working on 5 dolls at this time

2 howleen {my asda has well over stocked on her] One is going to be a white angel and the other a black angel fallen angel

catrine demew who is going to be cheshire cat [having hard time thinking of cloth/nude]

spectra who is going to be my ghostly alice

robecca not 100% sure what am doing with her

Post image soon

aroa678

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 01:01:41 PM »
Maniah, I usually don´t like blondies but I must say Clawdeen looks amazing in these colors. I can´t wait to see what you she will look finished. I love the idea of a were-fox!

About my customs planning, I´m working right now in painting these ghouls:

Rochelle
Venus
Robecca
Operetta

And I´m waiting my hair order to start rerooting the werecat twins and then, painting them as dark siameses.
Another one who is waiting for a reroot is the pack sisters Clawdeen; I don´t like very much her hair.
And, when I have done all them, I´ll paint these:

Sisters pack Clawdeen and Howleen
Sig. Frankie (not sure if i´ll reroot her hair yet)
Catrine
and one of my Toraleis

I´m not sure of what to do with Nefera, she is still in her box because I´m not sure if I like her enough...

Offline Angellove

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 01:04:50 PM »
aroa678 if you don't like her send that girl my way.
I would love to see the werecat twins as siameses.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal