collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Taxel's FREE Pony Raffle! - Did Jada Toys reply to you?  (Read 5660 times)

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Taxel's FREE Pony Raffle! - A SPAM BOT is winning! Please help!
« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2013, 12:18:37 PM »
I commented on her defense post too with: "If hundreds of people are sharing and liking your entry, then your votes should continue to go up."

I also just sent this to the Cutie Pops Facebook page:

"I'm sure you all are aware of the accusations of this entry being the result of cheating. I do believe that if the person who entered this name is being truthful and did in fact share her entry with hundreds of people, then her votes would continue to go up due to the number of shares from the hundreds and hundreds of people. It doesn't make sense that her votes stopped coming right after she was safely in first place. I really hope you can find what is really going on and that the other contestants will have a fair chance at winning this contest. It wouldn't be right for a cheater to win something that others have worked so hard to win."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:24:04 PM by Sprinkles »
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2013, 12:19:39 PM »
Does this person really want everything out there up for grabs in all the contests she enters? 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 01:28:28 PM by Marigold »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2013, 12:23:52 PM »
Avoid trolling, people! No one seems to have trolled yet, but it's easy to get upset and take it out on her. Let's hope that the investigation brings to light what is really going on.

My sister is a huge coupon clipper. It's a hobby lol I think contest entries are a hobby to some as well. Cast a big enough net and you're bound to catch something. Like I said, she's not doing anything morally wrong with entering contests online, we're questioning her tactics.

If she is using a bot, she has an unfair advantage against everyone else in the contest.

I play online games and even then, you come across people who hack the game and make themselves invincible. These hackers don't get a physical prize, but bragging rights and trash talking seem to be what they are after.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:26:02 PM by Like A Tea Spoon »
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Keelee_von_Cupcake

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2013, 12:29:38 PM »
I'm glad they replied to you too Luvly. :) I figured they would.

I actually wrote them back linking the OTHER Cutie Pops doll giveaway contest she won. (I was respectful to/not blaming of the company of course.) I was tempted to also link her Twitter, which proves she just enters whatever giveaway she finds, but I didn't as I got nervous thinking at that point I'd kind of look like some sort of weird cyber stalker (or be somehow violating her privacy or something)... (Not that I think I or anyone else here is, but it might have appeared that way :P) So I hope someone else pointed out the Twitter thing to them!

Even if she isn't actually cheating (which I highly doubt), it seems really greedy of her to try and win this doll just because she can (through her cheating or even just her hobby of extreme contest-entering). It's not like a pack of toilet paper or a mass-produced purse, it's a special doll that should go to someone who will love her (like Taxel). She can hardly claim it's for her child when she already won a Swirly Brights Cutie Pops doll for said child, barely a month ago.

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2013, 12:34:50 PM »
Avoid trolling, people! No one seems to have trolled yet, but it's easy to get upset and take it out on her. Let's hope that the investigation brings to light what is really going on.

My sister is a huge coupon clipper. It's a hobby lol I think contest entries are a hobby to some as well. Cast a big enough net and you're bound to catch something. Like I said, she's not doing anything morally wrong with entering contests online, we're questioning her tactics.

If she is using a bot, she has an unfair advantage against everyone else in the contest.

I play online games and even then, you come across people who hack the game and make themselves invincible. These hackers don't get a physical prize, but bragging rights and trash talking seem to be what they are after.
I agree 100%
Using Bots and software to win isn't fair for sure, and if you can prove that I would call her out on it and inform the company... but otherwise if she just happens to be able to cast a big enough net to get lots of actual PEOPLE to vote, then notsomuch. She might just be doing what you're doing using arena members to get more votes... but hacking is just not fair at all.
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline court2882

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2013, 01:05:36 PM »
I read her response. Still seems strange to me. I voted both from my personal account and from my spam account. You don't need to enter me in the raffle, I just want you to win.

Offline Sprinkles

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2013, 01:30:17 PM »
I got a response to the message I sent:

"We are working on that as we speak. We want to make sure that the person who wins, wins honestly. Thank you!"

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2013, 02:03:32 PM »
Someone brought up a good point. The rules of the contest were " most votes win!" and not much else in the way most contests are ran.

If you win a brand new car on a tv game show, you can only claim the car after paying taxes. If you can't pay the taxes, you don't get the car. This is why you have to be a certain age to compete on game shows with big ticket prizes. There are rules and then there are laws when contests are ran for prizes.

So, even if she used a bot to win, no where in the "rules" did it say she would be disqualified for using said bot or cheating. I think Cutie Pops Dolls/Jada toys are having to really use a fine toothed comb to be able to knock her out of the contest... since she is in the business of law, she can easily sue a company for not coming through with promised prizes if she does win with most votes.
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Sprinkles

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2013, 02:19:20 PM »
Someone brought up a good point. The rules of the contest were " most votes win!" and not much else in the way most contests are ran.

If you win a brand new car on a tv game show, you can only claim the car after paying taxes. If you can't pay the taxes, you don't get the car. This is why you have to be a certain age to compete on game shows with big ticket prizes. There are rules and then there are laws when contests are ran for prizes.

So, even if she used a bot to win, no where in the "rules" did it say she would be disqualified for using said bot or cheating. I think Cutie Pops Dolls/Jada toys are having to really use a fine toothed comb to be able to knock her out of the contest... since she is in the business of law, she can easily sue a company for not coming through with promised prizes if she does win with most votes.

That got me thinking. Are the rules of this contest posted anywhere? There's a contest that I entered and it specifically states in the rules " Automated Entries, or those generated by script or bot are not eligible."

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2013, 02:41:22 PM »
I couldn't find any rules for entry or participation about the contest.  -_-   Taxel would probably know where or if any were posted since she's a participant.

Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2013, 02:43:55 PM »
Wow, this thread blew up!

1. Rules - I spent a good while looking for them (because I was a bit worried about raffles/contests), but I couldn't find ANYTHING. The only thing I could find on the TAN entering page was a link to Facebook's ToS/rules. The TAN entering app is gone now, so I dunno. I'll go double check my email.

2. I'm glad some people got replies, but I haven't gotten anything. Were those over email or FB? I'm just glad they've replied and are looking into this.

3. Yeah, we all know she's full of crap. If she shared her link with enough people to boost her so high, she would climb and keep climbing (even if she stopped getting tons of likes she'd still get more than like 5 in what, 5 days or so). There's no way Cutie Pops could believe that.

4. If you've considered sharing her Twitter with Cutie Pops, do it!!! They could easily find it (you find it from her entry page on the CP website! Just click the speechbubble with a number in it under "Star Posey"), so there's nothing stalkerish about it.

EDIT: Checked my email, this is everything it says:
Hi Cutie Pop Fan, Carissa!
Pop-tastic!
Here is your link below with your “The Amazing Name” submission shown on the Name Plate here along with the short description of why you gave that name.

Here’s what to do next:
1. Check out your link below (on www.mycutiepops.com)
http://cutiepopsdolls.com/news/?p=1024
2. Share this link to your friends and family to have them “Like” your entry at the bottom of the page. Please ask your friends and family to support our Facebook page by Liking us! J
3. The most “likes” received on a submitter’s entry page on the Cutie Pops Website (www.mycutiepops.com) by April 8, 2013 will win the One-of-a-Kind Designer’s Cutie Pop Doll signed by the Designers.
4. Cutie Pops will count all the Likes and announce the winner on April 10, 2013.
5. Winner will have two weeks to the claim prize.

Important: Only the "Likes" on each page will be accumulated. Not tweets. Viewers are allowed to vote on multiple names, just not multiple times on one submission.

By 4/8/13, the contest will close and Cutie Pops Social Media Team will tally up the entry with the most "Likes" on their page.
GOOD LUCK!!

Announcement: Winner will be announced 4/10/13 12:00PM PST.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 02:47:00 PM by Taxel »

Offline Sprinkles

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2013, 02:50:46 PM »
I just sent them another message over Facebook asking where the rules are so we'll see what they say.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: Taxel's FREE Pony Raffle! - A SPAM BOT is winning! Update!
« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2013, 03:15:19 PM »
I guess I'll go back to advertising. I mean if nothing else it would be pretty cool to hit 500 likes, and that'll distract me.

And I do have a friend of a friend trying to get some popular people sharing my link, so we'll see how that goes as well.

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2013, 04:35:19 PM »
Def. don't stop working on getting votes! Guess because the prize isn't something huge like a car or house that they didn't think they needed lawyer-ish types of rules like on radio/tv commercials. Even Yogurt and Lunchables have a ton of fine print rules and such for their contests.

I'll keep asking for votes for you, Taxel!  :cool:
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2013, 05:11:43 PM »
Thanks Tea. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal