collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help Wanted: Frizzled Hair  (Read 904 times)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
Help Wanted: Frizzled Hair
« on: March 23, 2013, 10:16:48 AM »
So I got my Super Long Haired G3.5 Rainbow Dash today in the mail but...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I think the problem is clear. I can't get rid of her frizzled hair. I already tried with my other ponies my Hair Iron but its not that good and barely works like other ones. So is there someone who van give me an detailed way to get rid of it? Its so ridicilously hard to even get her hair togetehr since its completey tangled up. Rehairing isnt also an option. Just want to make that clear.

So... is there someone who can help me> :3
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 10:19:22 AM by BlazikenBabe »

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: Help Wanted: Frizzled Hair
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 10:37:57 AM »
Yep. Get some good conditioner and put it straight into the hair (no water, don't wet the hair in advance). Then, gently comb the hair from the tips, inward. Once she is all combed through, then you can rinse :)

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 01:07:49 PM »
Oh, I didn't know you aren't supposed to wet the hair in advance! Glad I peeked in here!. :)
I'll put something here some time

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 01:15:11 PM »
If the conditioner tip doesn't work to the point you'd like you could try dipping it in boiling water and combing it. I found a SLH 3.5 RD at the Goodwill and the conditioner/boiling water thing worked great!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 05:29:24 PM »
I ll second the boiling water dip...thats usually a great way to start the process off as it loosens the tangles. I would recommend trying that and then following up with a conditioner soak [lather it in and leave it for a couple of hours or even over night covered in saran wrap] then rinse the next morning. Hopefully then it will be manageable.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 01:28:30 AM »
Ah well. I will try that then. But I actually barely tried it before. But I dont know for how long the hair needs to be in the water. Is it true its dangerous for the hair to touch the bottom of the pan? I know its not that good for the pony itself. But I just wanna know. X3

Marionette

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 02:06:38 AM »
You can try very hot water (the hottest your sink can manage... watch your fingers :P) before you try boiling if you like. That almost always works for me, but I rarely have a pony or doll quite that tangly. xD I've healed some frizz, though. My usual method is under the spoiler!

Spoiler
1) Wash hair with gentle soap or shampoo if necessary (only needed if it's sticky, has dirt in it, or smells bad).

2) Wet hair with cool or warm water and apply conditioner evenly, gently working out large tangles with fingers. (However, I agree that you might want to use conditioner before you use water. Whatever you do, don't try to comb the tangles when they are wet! That may lead to more breakage. As Salli said, you can comb the hair before conditioner is dry as long as you didn't wet it.)

3) Leave the conditioner in for at least a few hours. (In your case, I'd advise leaving it overnight. You can even leave it for longer than that, but try overnight and see what happens.)

4) When hair is dry, carefully comb from the tips up. (The best thing to use is a metal wig brush -- a metal dog brush is similar, and that's what I use. Avoid soft bristle brushes; they can make it staticky and frizzy.)

5) Rinse away the conditioner with cool or warm water, again gently working at any remaining tangles with fingers. Do not be rough, and remember to work from the tips up.

6. Once the major tangles are taken care of, run the sink with the hottest water it can manage. Rinse the hair under the hot water a few seconds at a time. (Do NOT leave the hair under the hot water for long periods of time. Letting it sit will very easily damage it. Just rinse it a few seconds at a time.)

7. Gently squeeze out the water and repeat #6 as many times as necessary if it seems to be helping.

In your case, you may need boiling water to get much of an effect, but it never hurts to try. Hot tap water turns awful box hair to loveliness and has fixed some pretty messed up secondhand dolls for me.

Multiple conditioner treatments may also help, and you can let it sit for as long as you want. I had to give my childhood fakie with very ratty hair several applications before I saw a lot of progress, and I think I left conditioner in its hair for a month once (because I kept forgetting >_>) and it was perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 02:14:20 AM by Marionette »

Offline TornadoTwist

• Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 04:06:04 AM »
Thanks for the information. :) I just soaked my RD completely with Conditioner (Perhaps I used too much but wathever we have plenty of bottles. XD ) I noticed that the hair were already much easier to comb. Just like my own curly and frizzle hair. Im tommorow away so she will be rinsed out then tommorow evening so lets say that she has 36 hours to let the conditioner sink in. I will check her then and eventually rinse her out. I was thinking of braiding her hair afterwards since that seems to be the most suitable look for her. :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 07:32:58 AM »
By boiling water -  you dont need to use a pan of water. Just boil a kettle or pan and fill a sink or plastic basin or pyrex bowl [or something similar] and then dip the hair in. Much easier and less dangerous!

I cant wait to see RD all finished!

Loa is my love god!

Offline Tiffymh1fan

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Im attracted to shinny glitter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 08:01:41 AM »
My daughter has this pony and I just sprayed kids no detangle spray brushed her hair than added a few drops of argan oil brushed it through and bam sexy pony hair! No friz left. It brought the sexy back to all my G1s!  :lol:
the argan oil is in the hair asle called moroccan moisture miracle argan oil. Its non greasy but puts the shine back in. My daughter has curly hair and with out this stuff she wakes up looking like a bush woolie! Good luck.
Glitter for everyone! :fireworks:

Marionette

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 06:34:31 PM »
That's definitely a lot of conditioner! xD You'll have some trouble rinsing that out, but don't worry about it too much. As far as I know, a little leftover conditioner won't hurt the pony's hair.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 04:34:55 AM »
Left over conditioner doesnt hurt a pony's hair...but it can make them tricky to style as they dont like to hold curls if there is conditioner left in the hair :)
Loa is my love god!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 12:39:01 PM »
I just got home and rinsed out her hair. But before I had to pick her up... and my Parents and I laughed our asses off:

She still had some frizzled hair afterwards but I braided it in. In the end she was left with a tangled end. But I dint mind much since she reminds me a bit of myself. (I actually have the same hair, frizzle and curly and the end of my braid also looks like this. But the conditioner were really usefull. :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 03:09:31 PM »
She looks so much better! I love that first picture lol!
Loa is my love god!

Marionette

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 05:52:30 PM »
I'm really giggling at that pic... she went through a punk phase. :P

But that's a major improvement! You might be able to get it smoother with multiple conditioner applications on the dry parts and/or hot or boiling water, but as long as you're happy with her, that's the most important thing. :3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal