collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay vs. Amazon, Round 1 *ding*  (Read 473 times)

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Ebay vs. Amazon, Round 1 *ding*
« on: March 19, 2013, 02:23:13 PM »
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/ebay-change-fees-lure-disgruntled-amazon-sellers-1C8953666

While that's a bit of comfort, what I've seen just from our trader support forum is they NEED to change the feedback system!

I haven't bought anything from Amazon Marketplace in a long time. I got screwed twice there buying dvds. One was an obviously ripped copy of a movie with a pasted on sticker on the front of the dvd (although the dvd box cover looked legit, weird), and another that sent me a library copy of a dvd, when I'd specifically paid for a new copy. Won't do it again. Just too shifty when they can use stock photos from Amazon to sell their stuff.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay vs. Amazon, Round 1 *ding*
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 02:32:38 PM »
I just got an email to the new Spring update from Ebay this afternoon.  So it's true!

I about fell off my chair because I honestly couldn't believe greedville doing something actually to benefit it's sellers.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

RedKitsune

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 02:50:18 PM »
I noticed the cut in fees as well and I was really happy about that. I didn't know they were doing it because of Amazon xD;

Offline Lygeia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Ebay Sales
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 05:55:56 PM »
Yippee for lower fees!   :happy:
Love Birds Trinkets and Treasures on Ebay http://myworld.ebay.com/lovebirdstrinketsandtreasures :lovey:

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 06:02:43 PM »
I've bought several things from Amazon Marketplace sellers and I've only had issues twice, and both times Amazon took care of everything. One of the times the seller just never sent my game (it was a GBA game) and deleted their account. The other time, I bought a red PS3 controller for my son and it turned out to be a cheap Chinese knock-off. Both times I got all my money back, including shipping. Though, I'll almost always buy directly from Amazon if it's an option. Mostly because of shipping costs. They need to make it possible to combine shipping if you're buying more than one item from the same seller. Also, some things are just way too expensive to ship. Like the other day, I ordered a flash drive (Marketplace seller, but fulfilled by Amazon) and they wanted $8 to ship it. There's no way it costs that much to ship a little bitty flash drive. I just added more stuff to the order to bring it above $25 to qualify for free shipping instead.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 04:33:59 AM »
 :whoa:  dear me! ebay is lowering fees?  did I just read that correctly??!! *passes out*  :faint:  :faint:  :faint:

:lol:   :cheer:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal