collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Decorating geeks? Off topic (for now) brags, and wallpaper (for homes) questions  (Read 301 times)

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
So,
I have had a pretty good couple weeks. I snagged a dehumidifier for $50 off my local buy sell and trade. these puppies sell for over $300 with tax, so $50 is awesome and well worth the investment protecting my ponies! If I didn't spot the ad, I would have bought one new in the coming months.

I also got some vintage lamps in November. I'm going to customize for the pony room! I need some spray paint first, new shades and some new lamp guts. The lamps are OLD I don't want to risk plugging in cords from the 40's-50's. They'll be super girly, with glass and I have glass "crystals" to hang on the two on the right when I'm done.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Next, last October I found a couple second hand billy cases (short/half height) with glass doors for under $100! I don't have room in this house to display the entire collection, but this will let me display some. Next time I'm at Ikea I'd love to upgrade and buy glass shelves for these.

One thing bugging me, the backs of the book cases (white ones, it's pressed paper with fold lines from when they were flat packed) look really cheap. So, going to replace those and hopefully find a pretty wallpaper to back them with before sliding the new backs in. This is where I have run into some difficulty. I have an idea of what I want, but finding it is proving hard. Looking for a soft pink paper with a pattern, must be faint like a shimmer or metallic print, pink must be light so the colour of the ponies is what "pops" when everything is out on display. I checked home depot and they had a bunch of really ugly papers with the colour I want, or nice prints with my idea but the wrong base colour. If anyone has suggestions of where to look (hopefully on our island) I'll check them out. We have Para Paints and Benjamin Moore here I think. I might be in Victoria BC in the coming months, so they'll likely have more selection. (looking for a simple print, hopefully geometric or dots. no stripes or busy/random prints)

Bookcase! As you can see, we still need to replace floors and add trimwork upstairs. We did the main level already and man, what a nasty job scraping up really cheap early 80's carpet that had been GLUED down. This is our spare BR, the ponyroom is longer and larger, and I will be painting the walls lavender, it'll look great with the white cases and other girly colours I'm planning on including.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Wow, those are some great finds.

I hope you can find the wallpaper you are looking for!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
I lvoe those lamps.  Really interesting.  Cant wait to see it finished <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
It'll be a while for the pony room, the lamps should be done this spring. I will share pictures!!!! The two on the right are my favorites by far.

Flooring is going to be a big job and somewhat expensive. It's a "starter house" so I'm not putting in anything expensive or fancy, just the same click laminate I have downstairs which I love, so much easier to keep clean when you have a multiple pet household.  :lol: I'm really hoping we can swing getting new floors upstairs this summer.... I am so not looking forward to scraping the old stuff up- what a miserable job! even worse then the 60's nursery wallpapers in both extra bedrooms I took down two years ago now. I got a garment steamer out of that task though, which I love, love, love!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Congrats!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Good luck with the remodel!

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal