collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 42254 times)

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #1380 on: April 26, 2013, 05:20:46 AM »
I love Lagoona, but I am not really happy about the sudden and dramatic color difference. Monster from the lagoon sounds more to me about swamps, slime and such. Does this mean a permanent color change for Lagoona?
Apparently, in the 13 Wishes movie, Howleen makes a wish that turns Lagoona into a freshwater monster instead of a seawater one. It would appear that this involves her going all neon. It is not clear at this time whether this change is permanent, but I would say it's a fairly safe guess that it is not.

Wow that's awesome! she must do it for Gill.

I have to confess that I didn't like her when the first  proto pics came out, but now in this new pic she looks mush better  :frolic: , she looks different from the last Lagoonas who looked very boring to me mostle the dance one.  -_-

I don't think Lagoona would have wished herself to change like that. She was very much all about showing that people don't need to be the same race to date or make friends. Howleen probably just thinks she's trying to help and so makes a very misguided but well-intentioned wish.

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #1381 on: April 26, 2013, 05:48:19 AM »
The sign in the monster high section at WalMart has changed ... That better be a mistake :(

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile

JustHereForPictures

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #1383 on: April 26, 2013, 07:34:44 AM »

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #1384 on: April 26, 2013, 07:47:52 AM »
I love how Cleo's hot tub actually bubbles lol.

I don't know how I feel about Lagoona any more.  Need to see her IRL to decide if I want her or not.  I liked her promos but not so much the real pictures. 

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline zannid

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: April 26, 2013, 08:08:31 AM »
I know they had to make Lagoona different for if she is freshwater, but having her be neon seems really odd because in general, salt water fish are the ones that are more colorful. Of course, a drabber Lagoona probably wouldn't sell as well.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 26, 2013, 08:40:40 AM »
Oh my gosh I love those playsets!!!  Cannot wait for them to hit stores.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Shahaila

« Reply #1387 on: April 26, 2013, 08:43:11 AM »
I know they had to make Lagoona different for if she is freshwater, but having her be neon seems really odd because in general, salt water fish are the ones that are more colorful. Of course, a drabber Lagoona probably wouldn't sell as well.
That is what I was thinking too.  I want to want this Lagoona becuase she is different than the others I have, but I will just have to see her in person.  Not quite sure what to think.  I think I would have preferred if her lips were a different color.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 08:45:46 AM by Shahaila »

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 26, 2013, 08:54:17 AM »

I thought the same thing when I first heard about her story Zannid, her colors scream saltwater fish.  I almost wish they had turned Gil into a saltwater creature with this coloring.  ^.^ There's so many marine species out there that are bold blue and yellow, while there aren't nearly as many found in freshwater. Though they're not typically as bold, some species of African Great Lake cichlids share this color scheme though, so the design team may have gotten their inspiration there.

I have to say, the initial leaked photos of 13 Wishes Lagoona did absolutely nothing for me, but the more recent ones that were posted on facebook are making me reconsider. She is rather unique.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:00:49 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1389 on: April 26, 2013, 09:05:10 AM »

I don't think Lagoona would have wished herself to change like that. She was very much all about showing that people don't need to be the same race to date or make friends. Howleen probably just thinks she's trying to help and so makes a very misguided but well-intentioned wish.

I see, thanks for the info  ^.^ it has more sense now.

Offline Like A Tea Spoon

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Yellow Pony Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 26, 2013, 09:06:18 AM »
I might have to pick her up seeing how it might be a limited run for the movie promotion. Lagoona being changed into a "freshie" doesn't seem like her, so maybe a misinformed wish was made on her behalf after all. Gil was the one freaking out about his "freshie" parents finding out he was dating a "salty".

I honestly do not like the computer animated series.  :huh: I haven't been watching since noticing the change in animation style.
Avvie By Watercolors

Offline Aeryala

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 26, 2013, 09:12:53 AM »
Hey the Indian version of the Fright Song was just posted on Youtube :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoCgsVIp2Ug

i think its awesome that they have some chubby dancers in that video, shows such a cutltural difference that the girls aren't all stick figures

There are no chubby people in that video. 
How weird though, that they did a live action video for India.

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1392 on: April 26, 2013, 09:14:09 AM »
That is what I was thinking too.  I want to want this Lagoona becuase she is different than the others I have, but I will just have to see her in person.  Not quite sure what to think.  I think I would have preferred if her lips were a different color.
I personally think it would be hard to make her drabber, since she's so pastel already. And there are tons of neon/bright freshwater fish- walk through any non-exotic pet store, and all the ones they sell are freshwater.
Like neon tetras: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Guppies: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 [/img] visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Discus Fish: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Remember, most fish listed as Tropical are indeed freshwater, I've had them living with my fat, sweet goldfish for years.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:19:06 AM by DoomBunnies »
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 26, 2013, 09:37:52 AM »
There are no chubby people in that video. 
How weird though, that they did a live action video for India.
I already rephrased my former inference of chubby to say "average" only a few quotes down from the original.... :)

"Chubby"? I didn't see chubby people anywhere. "Chubby" to me means "slightly overweight". Am I right or wrong? *g*
I'm sorry if "chubby" was offensive, I simply meant "normal" sized gals, aka why I said "not stick figures", I think its important that girls see ALL body shapes and sizes, and despite the fact that the doll molds show otherwise, it was awesome to see that the video adopted this credo.

"Chubby" has a broad definition IMO, so "slightly overweight could be it, but in this case I DID mean "normal"/average sized

« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:44:54 AM by heftysmurf76 »

Melissa

« Reply #1394 on: April 26, 2013, 10:10:19 AM »
I like the set of the Indian version so much better!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal