collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 41041 times)

faunabay

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #795 on: April 06, 2013, 05:58:26 PM »
Quick question about frizzy, flyaway hair.   :biggrin:  What's the best thing to use on the doll hair to help smooth it down? 

WildLace

« Reply #796 on: April 07, 2013, 02:46:45 AM »
I dont know if someone has asked this already, but has anyone else noticed that the I<3 Shoes Draculaura has painted white hands (Gloves)?? I am not loving that   :huh:

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #797 on: April 07, 2013, 05:17:53 AM »
I dont know if someone has asked this already, but has anyone else noticed that the I<3 Shoes Draculaura has painted white hands (Gloves)?? I am not loving that   :huh:

Yeah, but they could mean plain white hands for Catrine if they don't have any patterns :D

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 07, 2013, 07:23:50 AM »
I was in a nearby city today and visited what counts for our version of Walmart or Target and looked at the MH. They had 3 Scaris Deuces there!  :shocked: They were kind of cheap for Finnish prices too, but I stayed firm. I don't need 4 Scaris Deuces, I already have one. Are they even god for trade, since everybody seems to have them?

I was sort of semilooking for Scaris Rochelle, if they had had her I might have caved and gone back on my ban. To my disappointment and relief, they didn't have a Rochelle, everybody else, but no Rochelle. It's odd to feel such contradictory emotions about it.

Scaris Rochelle has totally grown on me, I love her outfit, her shoes are divine and her hair is styled very prettily, I think she looks super elegant.

Melissa

« Reply #799 on: April 07, 2013, 08:03:40 AM »
I was in a nearby city today and visited what counts for our version of Walmart or Target and looked at the MH. They had 3 Scaris Deuces there!  :shocked: They were kind of cheap for Finnish prices too, but I stayed firm. I don't need 4 Scaris Deuces, I already have one. Are they even god for trade, since everybody seems to have them?

I was sort of semilooking for Scaris Rochelle, if they had had her I might have caved and gone back on my ban. To my disappointment and relief, they didn't have a Rochelle, everybody else, but no Rochelle. It's odd to feel such contradictory emotions about it.

Scaris Rochelle has totally grown on me, I love her outfit, her shoes are divine and her hair is styled very prettily, I think she looks super elegant.
I have a Scaris Deuce that I'm basically just saving as an investment. I don't really like him enough to keep him forever. I figure that eventually, once he's gone from stores, someone will regret not buying him or some new person will stumble upon the MH section and start collecting. I don't want to gouge the prices or anything, just help some future hypothetical person out.

I love Scaris Rochelle. If you can find one with a good face (some of them are disgustingly spotty), get her! I wasn't fond of her hair but I love her outfit and face so the lovely AcademicSquirrel rerooted mine for me.

jennovazombie

« Reply #800 on: April 07, 2013, 08:14:28 AM »
I love my werecat twins, but gosh their hair is kind of gross. :( My husband giggles every time I wash their hair, as I then pose the naked dolls on the towel-rack "monorail kitty" style so their hair will dry straight.
Too bad I can't convince him to let me get them rerooted, he seems to think that paying twice for a doll isn't a good idea. :P I'm not even close to confident enough to try that myself, I was a bundle of nerves rerooting a G4 pinkie pie and I have a bunch of her!

Melissa

« Reply #801 on: April 07, 2013, 08:41:39 AM »
I know how you feel. I have no issues rerooting ponies because most of my collection is from flea markets and thrift stores, but I haven't yet gathered the courage to try a monster.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 07, 2013, 09:42:21 AM »
Is anyone else hoping that we soon get a blonde CAM wig? I'm hoping for one about medium length, with bangs. I'd kill for one like that!

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 07, 2013, 10:04:53 AM »
Quick question about frizzy, flyaway hair.   :biggrin:  What's the best thing to use on the doll hair to help smooth it down? 

One of my friends uses Garnier Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz serum. She has impeccable dolly hair, so while I haven't used it, I trust her judgement.

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 07, 2013, 10:52:05 AM »

One of my friends uses Garnier Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz serum. She has impeccable dolly hair, so while I haven't used it, I trust her judgement.

I've been using an all natural balm stick.  I started using it because people had said not to use anything with alcohol and other ingredients I can't remember.  BUT I hate it.  It makes the hair feel sticky and waxy, and I can't tell if my girls have glue seepage, or if I used that darn stick :lol:  Think I'll be switching to the serum.  Thanks crimson!
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline Applejax

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 07, 2013, 11:28:22 AM »
Is anyone else hoping that we soon get a blonde CAM wig? I'm hoping for one about medium length, with bangs. I'd kill for one like that!

This! a long pink one too!

Offline justkitter

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 07, 2013, 11:55:37 AM »

I have been finding myself wanting Normie CAMs.  I'd like to see Mattel's take on a human MH doll.  It's not something I'd like to see ALOT of but one or two Normies would be nice.  One could be a blonde.  Win Win.
I won't be checking this site anymore for messages.  If you need me, you can contact me at the MHArena :bigups:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 07, 2013, 12:00:09 PM »

Yes, that would be my second choice. So far all Mattel has given us is very dark colors - black, red, deep blue, dark purple, etc. It's time for some girly colors! LOL. Pink and yellow look very pretty on green bodies in particular...

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 07, 2013, 12:01:31 PM »
I got all the Normie wigs I need. *Tightly hugs Liv wigs to herself*
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 07, 2013, 12:01:39 PM »

I have been finding myself wanting Normie CAMs.  I'd like to see Mattel's take on a human MH doll.  It's not something I'd like to see ALOT of but one or two Normies would be nice.  One could be a blonde.  Win Win.

Be like everybody else. Be part of the crowd. Be a Normie ;)

I don't want to be a Meanie McMeanpants, but you could just change Ghoulia's color scheme and you have a perfectly fine Normie doll. Or just take away the pointy tips of Lala's ears and paint over her lips (same for Clawdeen, just paint over the lips and take away the ears). Cleo is even more simple. Just take away parts of the make-up and you have a normie *g*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal