collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Monster High Discussion 16  (Read 42123 times)

Offline rayedelsol

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Phoebe Nix
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Monster High Discussion 16
« Reply #765 on: April 05, 2013, 05:04:01 PM »
I honestly think her scaris release IS her signature release. :P It has her bio on her packaging, the outfit she comes with is the same outfit shown on the Scaris Special and Webisode, and she comes in a deluxe size box, so she meets my criteria for signature releases:

-Bio on box
-Outfit they're wearing is the outfit that's shown on the webisode/specials
-Big box.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember at the moment. :P

Add "journal" to that. And she comes with one of those.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 05, 2013, 05:07:55 PM »
*head desk* can't believe I completely forgot that one! That's also one of my key criteria for Basic/Signature Releases, how'd I miss that?! >,>;
My Flickr Page
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 05, 2013, 05:08:56 PM »
Add "journal" to that. And she comes with one of those.
i don't consider what came with the Scaris dolls "journals" they're more like "sketchbooks" IMO...and again, "pet" definitely needs to be on that list for them to be "signature"...imho....:P :D

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 05, 2013, 05:11:52 PM »
Let's not forget!! Cupid was released again after S1600 and she came with her own journal that time, AND didn't come with a pet! What I imagine is Jinafire/Skelita are re-released again, but with red/orange Signature style boxes, given a journal, and possibly NOT come with a pet.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 05, 2013, 05:15:40 PM »
Let's not forget!! Cupid was released again after S1600 and she came with her own journal that time, AND didn't come with a pet! What I imagine is Jinafire/Skelita are re-released again, but with red/orange Signature style boxes, given a journal, and possibly NOT come with a pet.
I normally wouldn't "argue" with you, but in BOTH Scaris "sketch books" the ghouls each individually discuss their pets :D, so it would be odd, in these 2 cases, to me, for them NOT to come with a pet as a "signature" release...

Does Cupid's journal mention a pet? I don't think it does...<_<  >_>

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 05, 2013, 05:23:05 PM »
No arguing, just speculating. :P for all we know, I might be (and probably am) wrong and they are gonna re-released like Cupid did, and also be given their pets to go along with them. I'm just predicting a pattern that could happen with them that happened with Cupid: Same doll given their own "Signature" release box>Added a Journal to the doll>Isn't given anything else new.

Cupid's backstory was a meh to me so I didn't bother reading her diary online. >,<;
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 05, 2013, 05:29:00 PM »
Are the diary's online? I don't know of a site that does that?

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 05, 2013, 05:36:24 PM »
I normally wouldn't "argue" with you, but in BOTH Scaris "sketch books" the ghouls each individually discuss their pets :D, so it would be odd, in these 2 cases, to me, for them NOT to come with a pet as a "signature" release...

Does Cupid's journal mention a pet? I don't think it does...<_<  >_>

I guess it makes sense that Mattel would do that... boo I'd rather have the pet than the luggage lol

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 05, 2013, 05:38:10 PM »
The Monster High Wikia has their diary entries somewhere on their site.
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline DoomBunnies

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://drefankearse.deviantart.com/
« Reply #774 on: April 05, 2013, 06:11:21 PM »
The diaries: http://monsterhigh.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Diaries. Because I am a nerd and read them all here, since I don't want to own all the dolls, but do want to know their stories.
He who serves two masters lies to one.

It was when you found out you could make mistakes that you knew you were on to something.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #775 on: April 05, 2013, 08:31:56 PM »
Doesn't it mention for Cupid that she wouldn't be able to choose just one pet or something like that and that's why she doesn't have one.  It would be very possible for them to rerelease them with their pets I think.  Jackson got rereleased with his.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Melissa

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #776 on: April 05, 2013, 09:45:46 PM »
The diaries: http://monsterhigh.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Diaries. Because I am a nerd and read them all here, since I don't want to own all the dolls, but do want to know their stories.
I don't know, I actually try to avoid the diaries because the continuity SUCKS for MH. I watch the webisodes and they seem to have little to no correlation with the diaries? And then the specials are kind of in-between?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 05, 2013, 09:54:01 PM »
Each form of continuity is their own different universe. :P

Book form is book form, diaries are diaries, webisodes and specials are kinda connected. the three different forms, don't intertwine. XD
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline crimsondeity

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 05, 2013, 10:15:29 PM »
I'd be shocked if we didn't get signature versions of Jin and Skelita at some point, with their pets. They were both pictured, and mentioned in the sketch books. Personally, I don't consider the sketch books to be the same as the diaries; they're more like the Classroom Survival Guides that came with the Classroom dolls.

For me, a signature release has to include a pet and a diary. Cupid has been the only exception so far, but she was different; she was an exclusive originally released for a specialty line. Why they decided to re-release her as a non-exclusive (and with a diary) I don't know. And they do "explain" her not having a pet in her original bio; she says she couldn't choose just one. Anyway, Jin and Skelita are general release dolls, not exclusives. And they seem to be getting heavy promotion, whereas Cupid was meant to be a one-shot character. They've done a little more with her recently, but she didn't have any appearances in the webisodes until recently. Of course, I could be totally off-base :P

Oh, and for anyone that hasn't read the diaries, I highly recommend them. They're probably my favorite canon. And I feel like they flesh out the characters better than any of the other canons.

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 06, 2013, 01:28:36 AM »
The Diaries are fun to read because that way you get a feel of the characters and kinda learn more about them on a one on one basis, like you kinda know who they are after reading some of them. :P

Speaking of reading, I'm gonna try to finish Book 4 of the first books, then start reading Ghoulfriends forever, then come tuesday, I can buy book two!! And it looks like book three of Ghoul Friends Forever comes out September!!

Who's That Ghoulfriend?
My Flickr Page

| For Sale | Wanted |

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal