collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

do you have tattoos?

I have a tattoo(s)
I dont have any but want one
I dont have any and dont want any
I hate tattoos

Author Topic: do you have tattoos?  (Read 2356 times)

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
Re: do you have tattoos?
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2013, 04:10:27 AM »
Mine. :) Plans for more? Why yes. I still need a horsie one.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This one is on my lower back at the end of my spine.

I know the original artist of your wolf one.
Just wondering if you got her permission to have her work tattooed on your skin?
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

lupachiotta

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2013, 04:12:38 AM »
Yes. WildSpiritWolf designed it specifically for me. I commissioned her.   :biggrin: Love her work. Considering having her design an Arabian horse bust tattoo for me.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 04:14:19 AM by lupachiotta »

Offline Rainbowjuice

• Dabbles Pony
  • /)*brohoof*(\
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2013, 04:13:42 AM »
Yes. WildSpiritWolf designed it specifically for me. I commissioned her.   :biggrin:

Oh good :)
I've seen so much of her work stolen for tattoos I tend to jump on people.
You are a saint though :D
Wanted: G1 Minty & G1 Bowtie

Huge thanks to Ivy for my sig ♥♥

Tancho

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2013, 06:36:03 AM »
I've got 8 myself.
Running from my armpit around to my bum I've got a Japanese cherry tree. On my back I've got two carousel horses, one on each shoulder blade. A small walrus wearing a moustache (because I'm part of team walrus, a little group! Don't ask!) on the base of my neck. Then on my chest two swallows. On my foot lots of stars and my biggest piece is of a Japanese koi in a pond with lotus flowers.
I have one more to come which has been commissioned, just waiting to go and get it done!

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013, 02:25:47 PM »
Wow amazing work! i have 18 at this point there a quite a few that i didnt picture yet. i mostly dug up the pix i had from when they were done.

Offline Pinkhazard

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pink Hazard Sales
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2013, 02:28:32 PM »
I'd love tattoos, I think they're beautiful <3
Unfortunately I cant't have them, my body is strange and has excessive scarring. I do love seeing them on other people though!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2013, 03:22:10 PM »
I have daisies around my ankle. And I have an idea for another one but I have been holding off.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline beagleluva

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Everything happens for a reason ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2013, 05:31:41 PM »
I have one tattoo and I'm getting my second soon.  I'll post a pic eventually :P  I know I put it up here when I first got it...it's of a little orange kitty and I got it with one of my best friends from high school.  For my second one, I want to get a leopard butterfly...I saw it once back in the summer on someone's shoulder and I thought that is so me I need it!  (Ironic that it was on someone else! :P )  I want to get it on my left side rib and I'm kind of scared about it hurting terribly because of all the bone there but given the fact that I'll be an attorney in 4 years and I don't want to have tattoos in highly visible places I don't have many choices...plus I love how it looks! My first was also in a bony area (basically on my hipbone) so I've done it before I can do it again, right? :)

Thanks Daring Symphony for my lovely siggy!  :good:
GameloftID: pinkleopard623

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »
WildSpiritWolf designed the art currently on my left shoulder. A howling tribal wolf with the word hope, spelled in Cherokee.

Late last year she completed a tribal orca with three Cherokee words around it, that will go on my right shoulder. Hopefully sometime this summer.

Yes both pieces where commissioned for me. If you want to see them check her DA account. I don't post links because as someone else said, people steal her work left and right. Even going so far to steal the images of the completed inked artwork.

And in four or five years I'll have her draw me something, to go on my back.

Finding a good artist it hard but totally worth the wait. The shop I'll be going to is local and my friend's uncle works there. So supporting her family and an amazing artist.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2013, 11:23:05 PM »
I don't have any tattoos, but I adore looking at ones that are well-designed and executed. I have several ideas for ones that I would want, but haven't gotten them yet because I need to find a good artist first and stop changing the locations of my designs lol.

I am planning on getting my rescue mutt's paw print, in celebration of her overcoming all her illnesses as a puppy. But then I can't help but feel like the other dogs will be left out, so I may do a paw print trail, one for each of my three dogs (plus the dog I grew up with, who still lives with my parents) and adding one print for every dog I get after. That way, I'll always have all my dogs with me. But who knows how much space that will take...

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline starrypawz

• Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2013, 02:45:33 AM »
I have four at the moment with many more in the works. I'm currently looking for a new artist though since mine has moved. It's been a few years since I was last inked, but I think this summer the time might be right for another. These are the ones I have now:
Spoiler

I love your ship tatt. :D
Nope.
I like tattoos but I'm not sure if I'd really want to actually get one put on me, but if I did I think I'd like a compass rose tattoo. Maybe on my shoulder.  I'd want something nautical themed at any rate I think.

(Also its very much not an option whilst living at home, my parents hate tattoos)

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2013, 02:55:44 AM »
I don´t have one but I want one :D

nollilols

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2013, 03:09:17 AM »
I'm a strange one with tattoos. I love tattoos myself, but I often don't like them on other people. That's personal preference though - and more than anything, I value meaning. If your tattoo means nothing to you, then I don't know why you got it. Conversely, if your tattoo means something to you, I don't care if it's a poorly executed blob - I just love it as a form of self-expression.

I have two tattoos, both quotes. The first is a Something Corporate lyric written in my handwriting - "and some days all I do is watch the sky". It also has a little asterisk next to it, a nod to the lyricist and my inspiration, Andrew McMahon, and also because I love his interpretation of the asterix, which is the idea that everything passes through some central, common location. Everything is connected.

My other tattoo is simply the most common literary quote tattoo of all time - "So it goes." From Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut.

Both tattoos are pretty much a reminder to myself to take life one day at a time, and with patience. Nothing lasts, good or bad, so absolutely, lose yourself in every experience momentarily, but be able to step back and let things go. For me, that is the secret to cherishing what comes from both good times and bad, and for taking the best from each scenario with you as you move through the bigger picture.

I have no photos handy as I'm at work, but they're both just text anyway.

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2013, 05:34:58 AM »
I have four and plans for more (I always have plans for more!). I have an anchor with 'anxiety is freedom' written in  a scroll around it and '...the readiness is all.' written in typewriter font on my leg, about half way down my thigh.

The anchor is because I like nautical tattoos and it represents security and like a sense of home and being achored to something. The quote is orginally from Jean Paul Sartre, used also in a Manic Street Preachers song, and means that there is anxiety related to choice, but that choice is also what makes us free. It's a freewill vs determinism sort of thing. I don't think I explained that very well.

And the quote on my leg is from Hamlet, my favourite Shakespeare play. I got it when my SO's dad killed himself, the whole quote basically describes Hamlet knowing he is going to die but he doesn't know when, it might be now it might be later, but it will happen. The readiness is all.

Then I have two others on my arms (I have a lot of writing, I am a fan of words). One goes down the inside of my lower arm, and it says 'live outside your head, live inside a song...' It's a Libertines song lyric, written in the handwriting of Carl Barat who is one of the guitarists in the band, I asked him to write it for me. It's kind of self-explanitory.

Then on my left wrist I have the outline of a carousel horse with 'it's just a ride' written around it. The horse I got first, it's the logo of the band Dirty Pretty Things and I got it done on their last tour. I also love horses (real ones and MLP) so there's that too. Then last year I got the carousel stick on the horse and the writing around it. The words are a Bill Hicks quote (American comedian), from a long speech about how the world is like a ride at an amusement park. It is a constant reminder to me, a bit like a this too will pass sort of idea. Nothing is permanent etc.

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline Skelletonimp

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.typicaltish.webs.com
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2013, 07:19:19 AM »
I'm currently working on my tattoo designs. One will be the inside hand / paw print of my beloved rat Ivana. The other one will be the outlines of my logo, filled up with things that are important for me/things that resemble my life lessons.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal