collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

do you have tattoos?

I have a tattoo(s)
I dont have any but want one
I dont have any and dont want any
I hate tattoos

Author Topic: do you have tattoos?  (Read 2355 times)

flutterwry

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: do you have tattoos?
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2013, 02:45:02 PM »
Only problem is that I may or may not be allergic to metals (long story. Tried ear piercing three times and it always got infected, though I think it was because I went with gun piercings)
Oh - poor you! Ear guns are nasty beasts, aren't they? I wish more people were aware of that (and especially didn't have their young children pierced that way!!!)
Personally I made the expercience that piercing gun ear studs are made from a itch-inducing mystery metal blend, while skin friendly titanium or PTFE are a serious piercer's first choice. I once tried a pair of gun studs on my (Long time healed!!) ears, just to see whether they're as 'healthy' as people say*. My earlobes started itching, swelling and weeping right away. Ew!

But also this:
and I've got a lifetime of immune suppressant drugs ahead of me. Yay Crohn's disease! But who knows?
might have an influence, but I can't judge that. I'm very sorry to hear about your Crohn's Disease. Suffering from some chronic stuff myself, I have a vague imagination of that. However I was inked before I got my diagnosis (But most likely I had it long before the MDs found it...) and everything went fine. No infections, quick healing, no allergic reaction. 
But I went the safer way: Because I had seen pictures of tattoo ink allergies and didn't want to end up like that, I had my artist dab a bit of ink on the inside of my underarm. Then I let it soak overnight and the next day checked for rashes etc - fortunately all was fine, and I could happily go for it. You could try this method once you feel ready. :) Good luck!

___
*) they're called 'Gesundheitsstecker' over here: 'health studs'.  >_<
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 02:47:29 PM by flutterwry »

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2013, 03:06:06 PM »
Only problem is that I may or may not be allergic to metals (long story. Tried ear piercing three times and it always got infected, though I think it was because I went with gun piercings)
Oh - poor you! Ear guns are nasty beasts, aren't they? I wish more people were aware of that (and especially didn't have their young children pierced that way!!!)
Personally I made the expercience that piercing gun ear studs are made from a itch-inducing mystery metal blend, while skin friendly titanium or PTFE are a serious piercer's first choice. I once tried a pair of gun studs on my (Long time healed!!) ears, just to see whether they're as 'healthy' as people say*. My earlobes started itching, swelling and weeping right away. Ew!

But also this:
and I've got a lifetime of immune suppressant drugs ahead of me. Yay Crohn's disease! But who knows?
might have an influence, but I can't judge that. I'm very sorry to hear about your Crohn's Disease. Suffering from some chronic stuff myself, I have a vague imagination of that. However I was inked before I got my diagnosis (But most likely I had it long before the MDs found it...) and everything went fine. No infections, quick healing, no allergic reaction. 
But I went the safer way: Because I had seen pictures of tattoo ink allergies and didn't want to end up like that, I had my artist dab a bit of ink on the inside of my underarm. Then I let it soak overnight and the next day checked for rashes etc - fortunately all was fine, and I could happily go for it. You could try this method once you feel ready. :) Good luck!

___
*) they're called 'Gesundheitsstecker' over here: 'health studs'.  >_<

Yeah, I think I'm gonna try piercing again before I go for tattoos! I've heard that needle piercing is better since it pierces the skin as opposed to basically tearing it like the guns do. Next step is to find a local place that does it that way. It was mostly a matter of the fact that everyone in my family had it done with the guns and was fine. My sister had it done a few years later and had no problems. Guess some people are just lucky!

And that is a really good idea for testing! I remember going to a dermatologist years back and her talking about someone who found out they were allergic after getting a tattoo. She said they had to come in every few weeks for Cortizone type injections. Not my idea of a good time! But in any case, I've got a few years to think about it.  :P
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2013, 09:28:05 AM »
I have 4 so far, one between my shoulder blades, one on my right wrist and one on each calf.

April 20th, my family is going to go get matching Autism puzzle piece tattoos. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

girlyponce

« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2013, 02:53:57 PM »
I have one, with 4 others ready to go (once I find the right artist) - my current one is 3 lines and a half circle on my lower back which I can't seem to find any photos of...  :blink:
Coming soon are:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(Utena rose crest & duel names) on my right side
A small Totoro line drawing on my left side
The Triforce on my left foot and the Deathly Hallows on my right

and maybe more :) I do love tattoos.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2013, 08:48:31 PM »
I have an irrational fear of needles. (except sewing and rehairing needles)

Not happening!

nollilols

« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2013, 01:53:47 AM »
I really want to get a second asterisk tattoo. I have a little one already incorporated into another tatt but would like a bigger one.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2013, 10:41:37 AM »
Nope. I really dislike tattoos. 2 of my friends who have just turned 18 got them, and I just don't understand the obsession they have with them. Not happening on me, no way. I hate needles too, so not happening!

Offline zabe77

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2013, 05:03:23 PM »
Nope. I like to see other's tattoos but don't think I'll ever have any. I'm too indecisive and I'm also not good with needles.  I love to see other's tatts though and I love to hear how they chose them Great thread, there are some really lovely tatts on you all!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal