collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would you wait or sell? Opinions appreciated!  (Read 442 times)

angelfish

• Trade Count: (0)
Would you wait or sell? Opinions appreciated!
« on: March 14, 2013, 07:23:59 PM »
I find myself becoming more picky with my MH purchases and trying to keep a strict "one/two come it, one must leave" rule.  I've been pretty good about selling dolls that I no longer do much with.  I have an NRFB Werewolf sisters pack I've been thinking of selling...they don't have the same value they used to and I have several Howleens out of box so...should I let them go and use the money for something else...like a Heath at a later date...cuz I know in my area his classroom 2 pack is going to get heavily scalped.  I've still yet to see a Scaris Deuce in any of my local stores.. :shocked:   Or should I hang on to them as they might go up in value again and use them for a trade?  Opinions would really be appreciated because I'm starting to get tetchy about them.  Once I make up mind I want a doll gone or if I decide I want to trade them later they're no longer 'mine' and I want them out of the house.. :D 

Thanks all, I'd really appreciate any input!

Offline Fräulein_Kim

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Glows in the Dark
    • View Profile
Re: Would you wait or sell? Opinions appreciated!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 07:43:39 PM »
Truly hard to say! :<
I think with dolls that already have had several other releases, it's probably save to sell.. it would be quite unlikely for their value to skyrocket. With Howleen/2-Pack it might be harder to tell, tho. She's sig and was limited, so more people might be looking for her in the future.. that said tho, I've only seen her value slowly decrease over time and now DC is out, so she's no longer the only option there is (like with Holt or Gil until the DC-5-Pack comes out..)

(Sorry to be bold here, but ..if you ever decide to sell ANY sig howleen, would you care to PM me a pic? ^^; Your dolls for sale like always have perfect face-ups, and I've been hunting for a replacement for my wonk-eyed Howleen for over 7 months now w/o success.. It's like they're all cursed to look in two different directions. AGH. ;o; )

faunabay

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 07:48:01 PM »
I'm kind of going through this right now myself.   I have a few dolls I bought earlier on and have since bought newer ones I like more.....so do I keep the first ones in case I want them later or should I go ahead and sell/trade them? 

What I've decided to do is wait until I'm absolutely sure I no longer need to keep them.   :biggrin:  Someone mentioned storing their dolls in a box they got at a liquor store.....a box that had wine bottles in it.  I think that sounds like an amazing way to store the dolls so I'm going to get one to put the dolls in I'm not sure about.  And if they sit in there for a while and I don't miss them they'll probably go up for trade or sale. 

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 08:08:21 PM »
What about hanging on to it and using it to trade for a Heath/Abbey 2-pack?

angelfish

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 08:21:55 PM »
Fraulein Kim:  If I decide to sell I'll totally let you know.. :)  I'd like them to go as a two-pack though.  I always try to pick ghouls with good faceups, for myself and for others if I decide to rehome them.  Thank you!

Pukunui: I thought about that but kinda wondered about the odds of someone wanting a Sig Howleen enough to part with their Heath.  Heath is going to be a very wanted boy.  I'm kinda preparing myself for the fact that I may have to pay evilbay prices for him to save myself a lot of headaches.  That's why I was maybe leaning towards selling them now and keeping the money in my pp for Heath later.  Unless, of course the Sisters set increases in value later on.

Faunabay, it's a dilemma isn't it?  I have a SC Venus with the Signature makeup I'm holding onto for the same reason, once that version has been replaced by the 'corrected' green makeup version I think new collectors and collectors of variants will want her in the future even though she's worth nothing now.

Thanks all, I really appreciate the responses!

Offline pukunui

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiight!!!
    • View Profile
    • pehr design & photography
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 08:24:54 PM »
I doubt it will become all that sought after in the future, now that there are more options for Howleen. Sure, it's still the only one with her natural orange/yellow hair, but still ... plus, that set was rereleased, so it's not as rare as it once was.

As we've been discussing in the main discussion thread, trying to predict which dolls will be valuable further down the road is a bit of a gamble.

angelfish

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 08:36:18 PM »
It is tough to determine.  The only MH doll I have that I know will retain her value or rise in value is SDCC Ghoulia.  I've already decided that if her price continues to rise I'd sell her on ebay and use the money towards a Kenner Blythe.  If her price bottoms out or drops I'll open her and enjoy her like any other doll.. :)

Because of the Sisters set dropping value I'm leaning towards selling it and just keeping the money in my account so it's there once Heath is released.   I will say that even though it's been rereleased it's still not common in my area.  Only one of my local Targets ever had it with any regularity and now I don't ever see it.

Offline mejohnson85

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 09:10:14 PM »
I dont believe in the one doll per character rule... I dont like it because there are times when I want to put the same character in their fashion pack... And frankie has like 12 outfits... I like to be able to see them all at the same time... Just because I like the uniqueness of each outfit... if you have seen my shelf... you see that I have them all on display so that I can appreciate them... and play with them...

angelfish

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 09:14:33 PM »
Oh no..I don't have a 'one' character only rule at all!  I want every version of Howleen and Rochelle MH ever releases...but I do have a strict one/two come in, one must be sold rule.  I've had that with every type of doll I've ever collected including Blythes...and when my  Bratzillaz start approaching the number 20 then some of them will have to go too.  I don't like clutter and I don't like my doll collections to become overwhelming.  Plus it's just better financially for me as well.  One/two in, one out works out well for me.. :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:39:03 PM by angelfish »

Offline mejohnson85

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 09:21:53 PM »
Oh no..I don't have a 'one' character only rule at all!  I want every version of Howleen and Rochelle MH ever releases...but I do have a strict one/two come in, one must be sold rule.  I've had that with every type of doll I've ever collected including Blythes...and when my  Bratzillaz start approaching the number 20 then some of them will have to go too.  I don't like clutter and I don't like my doll collections to become overwhelming.  Plus it's just better financially for me as well.  One/two it, one out works out well for me.. :)

I miss read that... I thought you were saying you only wanted 1-2 of each... my bad...  :blush:

angelfish

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 09:44:31 PM »
No worries.. :)  That's why I'm thinking I should sell my werewolf sisters set, I already have 4 or 5 Howleens laying about.. :blink:   So I reaaaaaally don't need that two-pack. 

I do have some characters that I only intend to have one of simply because I'm satisfied with them.  I doubt I'll get another Deuce although I lubs my Scaris one.. :)  Right now he's a very well-loved and popular only MH manster in this house!  I'll probably never get another Jinafire or Operetta as well, I am happy with their signature versions and in Operetta's case her signature hasn't been topped IMO.

Now Cupid..I would love a few more versions of her please.  And a fashion pack for poor Nefera!

Offline mejohnson85

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 09:45:34 PM »
If you do I would be interested... are they complete?

angelfish

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 09:59:34 PM »
The Sisters two pack?  Yes, they're NRFB.. :)

Offline mejohnson85

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 10:09:29 PM »
The Sisters two pack?  Yes, they're NRFB.. :)

PM Sent :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal