collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ..NINETY DOLLARS?  (Read 3044 times)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: ..NINETY DOLLARS?
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2013, 07:38:01 AM »
Has the OP confirmed it was even being sent from one of these retailers? I didn't see it anywhere but I might have missed it  >_<

Las-Pegasus I want to ask again on why you have not tried to print the label through ebay or even Paypal?  I can gurantee it is only going to cost you around $8.99 to do so. If you need help on printing labels through ebay, you can PM me and I will walk you through it.

Also if your buyer is unwilling to cancel the transaction it is going to land you in a big mess.  It's hardly worth a negative feedback when it can easily be fixed.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2013, 08:12:36 AM »
Has the OP confirmed it was even being sent from one of these retailers? I didn't see it anywhere but I might have missed it  >_<

Las-Pegasus I want to ask again on why you have not tried to print the label through ebay or even Paypal?  I can gurantee it is only going to cost you around $8.99 to do so. If you need help on printing labels through ebay, you can PM me and I will walk you through it.

Also if your buyer is unwilling to cancel the transaction it is going to land you in a big mess.  It's hardly worth a negative feedback when it can easily be fixed.

Last time I checked (which incidentally was about 5 minutes ago) you can't print first class international postage through paypal or the USPS website. I don't recall if that's different if it is coming from an ebay order, but I just printed international shipping for an ebay sale about 15 minutes ago and only recall seeing priority, express, or global express guaranteed services.

If I'm missing a way to print first class international postage online please share - it would make my life way easier! :D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:25:16 AM by NoDivision »

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2013, 08:55:25 AM »
Yes, you can most certainly print First Class through Ebay. I have done it for years.

Post Merge: March 14, 2013, 09:13:44 AM

Well almost two to be exact, they changed it some time ago.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:13:44 AM by ponylady »

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2013, 09:56:51 AM »
I didn't think you can print first class international either. Don't you also still need a customs form?

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2013, 10:12:44 AM »
I know that ebay/paypal will create the customs form for you, I've just never seen a first class option. I know you certainly can't do it from just a paypal payment. I wonder if ebay will only let you print first class international postage if you specify that as a shipping method with calculated shipping? Because I have never seen that option before when printing postage. And I wonder why ebay will let you do it but paypal and the USPS won't :\

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2013, 10:18:02 AM »
I know Ebay has done it, i shipped to Canada a while back.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2013, 10:32:22 AM »

The reason I have come to this conclusion is that its against policy for the USPS to refuse international shipping service unless its an item not allowed to be shipped due to security/forbidden items.  The only postal companies that can refused shipping service and charge that kind of fee have to be privately owned retail postal companies, but they are not government usps post offices.  If you read everything the op has said happened to her...it all points to retail not government usps.  Sometimes people are not aware they are not inside a governement facility.  Best way to tell...was mentioned earlier the clerks must be wearing a USPS uniform.  If they are in regular clothes...its not a government true post office.

Here it is: on ebay:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/international-shipping-rules.html
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 11:18:29 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2013, 11:33:42 AM »
Thank you for that info Tula, I am well aware of that but again my question stands to the OP??

If she has not specifically said it was shipped from one of these facilities then we have really no other reason than to believe it was shipped from a true PO.

In regards to printing labels off ebay for International, it most certainly can be done. Like I mentioned I have been doing it for almost two years.  They are pre-filled out and all you do is declare exactly what is being sent, weight, and value. Click print and you are done.  It has nothing to do with calculated shipping, I charge a flat rate with the new price increase. And before that I used calculated.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you do not list that you will indeed ship First Class, thus not giving you the option.  But I am pretty sure there is a drop down menu to let you decide.     

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2013, 12:31:44 PM »
I have to agree that if postage and a label can be done through ebay, that will certainly solve the problem and it can then be picked up by a regular mail carrier or taken to the usps office..then it will be shipped to France at the proper postage rate.

Oh and ponylady..I know you are directing that to the op...I just wanted to explain that I was the one that suggested retail po might explain the problem...if it applies. :)  since we were trying to figure out the 90.00 fee this was my suggested senerio that could explain that fee.  Hopefully she can tell us this when she returns.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:38:05 PM by tulagirl »

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2013, 01:14:15 PM »
Alright, thanks you guys! Everything's been resolved  :) Turns out, it was actually a mistake on the post office's part when I contacted the supervisor, shipping was MUCH cheaper. Thanks for the help! :hug:

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2013, 01:56:52 PM »
Alright, thanks you guys! Everything's been resolved  :) Turns out, it was actually a mistake on the post office's part when I contacted the supervisor, shipping was MUCH cheaper. Thanks for the help! :hug:

Yayayayayayayaya!!! So happy for you.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2013, 03:18:59 PM »
So glad you were able to get an answer.  Sometimes you do just have to insist on a manager/supervisor's help.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2013, 03:48:24 PM »

I'm glad they got that taken care of. I hope they haven't been outrageously overcharging other people like that! I just imagine some poor old lady shipping a small birthday gift to her granddaughter and paying nearly $100 because she doesn't know any better... :|
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Stormpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2013, 08:33:44 PM »
so how did they get the quote so wrong in the first place?

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2013, 03:54:39 AM »
so how did they get the quote so wrong in the first place?
I am wondering the same thing.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal