collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone have experience with packages sent to Czech Republic? - edit: delivered  (Read 372 times)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
I had an eBay buyer in the Czech Republic purchase 2 books (non-pony) from me. I shipped them on Feb. 23, and according to tracking they left the US on Feb. 26. The buyer is upset that she hasn't received then yet, and I've explained that they are most likely held up in customs. USPS tracking won't show anything after packages leave the US unless they are scanned in customs or when delivered.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has experience sending packages to the Czech Republic? Do things generally clear customs quickly or can they take several weeks?

I asked the buyer to wait 2 more weeks to see if the package arrives. If not, I will try to file an insurance claim. This is most frustrating for me because the books sold for $12 & shipping was over $55. If eBay/Paypal does force me to refund the buyer, I will be out of pocket a lot of money for shipping on a really low priced sale. :huh:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:31:57 PM by kitkatvintage »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have experience with packages sent to Czech Republic?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 09:50:44 AM »
I have shipped a few times to there with no issues. But I have heard their customs sometimes have an issue keeping up with things coming into their country. I know that probably does not help much but I am sure in your case this is what has happened.

I think you did the right thing by telling them to sit tight for a bit.  It has only been what 15 days, hardly any reason to panic just yet.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 11:10:13 AM »
Ahhh this is where my family is from. Sadly I do not ship there though so I don't know.  Its always frustrating dealing with international shipping.  There is nothing one can do once it leaves the USA, but the buyers sure do expect a lot. I guess they think the seller is hand delivering it. LOL  Hope its just hung up in customs and will soon arrive.  Try sending registered mail should you ever have to send there again.  This way you will have international tracking at a more reasonable rate than if you purchased it, but it will drive your shipping cost up.  Never an easy answer. Hugs

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 01:23:03 PM »
It was registered. Tracking only shows up when the package is scanned, and it hasn't been scanned since it left the US on February 26th. :huh:

I'm thinking about only offering international shipping on my pony auctions from now on. I've had too many buyers complaining about things I can't control like shipping cost & customs delays. I buy a lot internationally & I'm well aware that things get held up from time to time. If my seller uploaded a tracking number, I usually just sit tight & wait for the package to arrive. I wish other buyers did the same.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 01:33:03 PM »
You know if it has not been scanned yet, thats not necessarly bad news.  I sent a package registered recently. On day 8 it scaaned leaving the USA.  It did not scan again until week three a day before it was delivered.  You may wait a while for that scan...as registered mail sits in a special room each country it clears. Its a safe method and I am really hoping it will scan soon.  Maybe  by the end of the week it will scan.  Buyers really should give packages 18 business days before getting concerned.

When you say it hasnt scanned since that date...do you mean leaving our countryor your post office?  If its your po try calling the po about it...if you meant leaving our country...just wait a bit.  I know its nervy.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:40:34 PM by tulagirl »

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 06:16:26 PM »
If you have tracking then you can start communicating with Ebay now.  Provide them with all the details you have. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 07:33:12 PM »
It was scanned at multiple points in the US & left Chicago on the February. I've sent somewhere around 50 international packages with tracking in the last year, and Chicago is typically the last destination before it goes abroad. I'm not really worried about the US end of things. My main question is whether or not the Czech Republic is known for long hold-ups in customs.

I did hear back from the buyer & she was pleasant about everything... just a little over eager to get her package, I guess. I know from both buying & selling that even when you pay for more expensive shipping, it can take a month or more for things to pass through customs. I really don't think the package is lost, and doubt any claims will be necessary as long as the buyer can be patient.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 04:29:06 AM »
I'm trying to remember the last time I shipped there but its been a while . Sometimes an item will arrive quickly, but I do think generally though that things often get held up in customs and if its only been 18 days I dont think your buyer needs to worry. Besides , you have tracking on the item, so its not like she can say you never sent it.   I'm glad your buyer is being ok with it though - hopefully she will keep being patient and the parcel will arrive soon.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline kitkatvintage

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 03:31:19 PM »
Well, I checked the tracking today & the package was scanned at Czech customs yesterday, March 12th & was delivered today. So that should be the end of this story. :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Thank goodness!  I bet you are relieved  ^^;
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Well, I checked the tracking today & the package was scanned at Czech customs yesterday, March 12th & was delivered today. So that should be the end of this story. :)

Yay its so irritating that they only update the tracking before its delivered.  Same senerio I have each time I ship. Blaaaaaaa

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Yep, my tracking often updates to "delivered" as I'm recycling the packing materials. *giggles*

Glad to hear it finally arrived!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Yay!! good to hear! :bigups:  :happy:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal