collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Build a Bear ~ Build a Pony  (Read 27031 times)

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
Re: Build a Bear ~ Build a Pony
« Reply #225 on: April 01, 2013, 07:31:13 PM »
I got both ponies and all the clothes. I'll post pics of mine tomorrow.

sailorstitch

Offline ArtemisM

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 01, 2013, 07:59:12 PM »
It was dead at the Chinook Mall location in Calgary when it first opened.

I ended up getting there about 20 minutes before it opened, so I picked up some Starbucks as I walked through the mall. There was only one other person when I got there; he said he had been worried about it being busy too, so he had arrived about 1.5 hours early. We had a fun chat about MLP and other 80's & 90's shows & toys and the differences between the originals and reboots while we waited.

There was also a group of about 7 other people that joined us before the store opened, composed of two ladies in their early 20's and about 4 or 5 preteen girls. The younger girls looked at me funny when I did not hesitate to do the whole ritual to put the heart into Rainbow Dash.

I chose Rainbow Dash...as cute as Pinkie was, I just couldn't get her, in case Fluttershy or Rarity gets released in the future.

ETA: I forgot to add that there was a bit of a cash register mishap when I went to pay...the till wanted to charge me $150K, and as we all laughed about it, one of the guys working there said, "Surprise! You get a real pegasus!"  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 10:22:58 PM by ArtemisM »

Offline rearing_palomino164

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 01, 2013, 08:44:37 PM »
Oh wow, i can't pick between the 2! How long are they there for?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline DonkeyGrl2002

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 01, 2013, 09:07:13 PM »
Got them both ...hubby "built" RD and I "built" Pinkie Pie :) I think the workers thought we were a little strange but I didn't care - we really enjoyed ourselves! Lots of little girls getting ponies in there. Plus one of the workers said they are getting the purple one in August so I assume that means Twilight!!

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 01, 2013, 09:18:25 PM »
I love my Pinkie! I didn't get any outfits but I did get the Cotton Candy scent.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 01, 2013, 09:39:53 PM »
Got them both ...hubby "built" RD and I "built" Pinkie Pie :) I think the workers thought we were a little strange but I didn't care - we really enjoyed ourselves! Lots of little girls getting ponies in there. Plus one of the workers said they are getting the purple one in August so I assume that means Twilight!!

I hope that means they will add another pony with her! Crossing my fingers for Rarity!
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 01, 2013, 09:53:38 PM »
Rarity?  My niece and I will have to share that one. :biggrin:    It was adorable seeing all the little kids and grown-ups carrying their ponies around the mall.

I love that suit of armor on Rainbow Dash!  I seriously thought about getting her.  It's the outfits that really set these ponies apart from the other plushies coming out.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Terra.Dactyl

« Reply #232 on: April 01, 2013, 10:42:31 PM »
I am so tempted by Pinkie Pie but my friend and I made a pact that we would buy one pony with one outfit. We also said that if they two we wanted were not released at the same time, we would accompany the other when they released Rarity (for me) and Fluttershy (for her)! I do hope they release the rest of the mane six or else both of us will be so disappointed!

Offline Talismarr

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 02, 2013, 12:58:25 AM »
Rainbow Dash looks super swag in that gala dress!

I agree! I love the Gala Dress! The bunny ears are super cute too! There's a BAB at the mall close to me, but I think I will pass on this one. I have a lot of upcoming expenses this month. They sure are cute though! I'm curious what other ponies they might release and what they'll look like!

Bex

« Reply #234 on: April 02, 2013, 03:49:00 AM »
we didnt get MLP brushes here :( boooooooo

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #235 on: April 02, 2013, 03:57:34 AM »
My hubby is awesome, he gave me money to go buy Rainbow Dash as an early bday gift:D My bday isn't till the end of June but I had to ask hehe. It was so hard to leave pinkie there too. But I only had enough for one and her dress. They were flying out of there. The gal at the checkout told me I picked the right one because she's been super popular and if I want the other to not wait too long. I was cute watching the little kids making them and saw 5 more adults making theirs:) I went late in the evening so I think the staff was used to a bunch of collectors coming in by then. Hubby might take me back Wed to get pinkie but I really should just be patient and wait for ones I really want. Definetly pick through a few, some have really funky looking noses but I did find a near perfect one, I'm so happy!

Offline juliepinetree

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 02, 2013, 05:28:33 AM »
I got Dash yesterday!  I went mid afternoon, and a little girl was also making Dash, and she had her other ponies with her!  So cute.  The ladies working there were really nice and one was debating which pony she wanted.  They said they had been crazy busy all day. 

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 02, 2013, 08:06:07 AM »
I'm so tempted to order Pinkie online, but I'm afraid of their shipping costs. Plus, I'm kind of worried they'll send me one that looks funny (uneven eyes, weird shaped nose, etc) and I don't know if they let you choose how much stuffing you want in them when you order online. I checked and the closest one to me is Orland Park, which is like an hour drive from here. I've been to the one at Navy Pier, but I was already there for a trip we got to take with other military families back when my brother was deployed to Iraq. That's when I got my Hello Kitty.

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 02, 2013, 08:10:04 AM »
Anyone know of a way to make the hair softer? My Pinkie's hair is really knotty and scraggly on the bottom and I'd like to make it softer and smoother.
 I would use water/conditioner but I'm not sure if I can do that with her?
Obviously I'd be using a small squirt bottle/cloth if I did, and not like, putting her head under a sink, lol.

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 02, 2013, 08:50:41 AM »
I'm so tempted to order Pinkie online, but I'm afraid of their shipping costs. Plus, I'm kind of worried they'll send me one that looks funny (uneven eyes, weird shaped nose, etc) and I don't know if they let you choose how much stuffing you want in them when you order online. I checked and the closest one to me is Orland Park, which is like an hour drive from here. I've been to the one at Navy Pier, but I was already there for a trip we got to take with other military families back when my brother was deployed to Iraq. That's when I got my Hello Kitty.

shipping to you should only be 4.95 since you are a state over from me :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal