collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How do you ?  (Read 1598 times)

Offline PitterPatter

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Rhinos are just fat unicorns...
    • View Profile
Re: How do you ?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 02:24:59 PM »
I love threads list this! Only because it makes me feel like I'm not the only one keeping a cancerous Lemon Drop by the sink *just in case* lol.

Aw thats good to know

lol feel kinda silly saying it would though  :blush:

I always feel it and think it, so don't feel silly. We only want the best for our ponies, so it's no wonder we worry at times. And things like this make us know we aren't the only ones/ So it's fine ^_^

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 02:25:32 PM »
Its true, it wont spread to other ponies. You dont have to worry.  :) My childhood ponies were in a bag together for years and years, and only one of them had cancer.

When I have a pony with cancer, I always give her a bath in boiling water. Again, I have no clue if it really helps, but many people believe it will stop the cancer.

mylittleponylover92

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 02:50:00 PM »
Its not silly - there are some things which will spread of course :) So you were right to think its possible.

Thanks Hathorcat :) Youre always so helpful!  ^.^

I love threads list this! Only because it makes me feel like I'm not the only one keeping a cancerous Lemon Drop by the sink *just in case* lol.

Aw thats good to know

I always feel it and think it, so don't feel silly. We only want the best for our ponies, so it's no wonder we worry at times. And things like this make us know we aren't the only ones/ So it's fine ^_^

Aw thanks! I feel better now :P I thought it was me just being OCD  :lol:

Its true, it wont spread to other ponies. You dont have to worry.  :) My childhood ponies were in a bag together for years and years, and only one of them had cancer.

When I have a pony with cancer, I always give her a bath in boiling water. Again, I have no clue if it really helps, but many people believe it will stop the cancer.

Thats so interesting! Thanks for sharing that :) I might try it anyways might make me feel a little better, the poor things!

Offline bbassel

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2013, 04:12:58 PM »
Mylittleponylover92 no worries. I thought the exact same thing for ten years until a month or two ago lol. There was a similar thread and I read that the cancer couldn't spread.  When I first started collecting I sweaar that I read somewhere that it did so I always believed that. I guess that is why people say not to believe everything you read on the internet lol. I am reallyglad I was wrong all those years because I really hate pony cancer.

mylittleponylover92

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2013, 04:20:00 PM »
Ah cool! Thanks  ^.^ Yeah I suppose you're right there! Haha  :P I was beginning to think about selling them if they always have to be separated from the rest of my herd! Although they do look cool on the top of my shelf in my bedroom :P

Im quite interested in the types of ponies that always seem to get pony cancer though! I kinda think a lot of TEs are prone....they must of been made slightly different or something!

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2013, 06:52:14 PM »
My childhood Chief has some small cancer dots (which makes me sad cuz otherwise I've kept him soooo minty). He sat in a storage bin with the majority of my collection and only the ponies "prone" to cancer developed it. Like Sweetstuff & Gingerbred. Also sadly Starflower is cancer prone  :yikes:
I know there's a bunch more but my sleepless nights are taking over my brain and I can't think right now lol

When I first started chatting in the MLP community years and years ago it was believed that cancer can spread from pony to pony if they were touching but as Hathorcat has said it had to do with the plastic breaking down in that perticular pony.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 06:53:59 PM by Lady Starflower »
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 08:03:52 PM »
My herd, including the odd member who might be blighted with the occasional age spot/cancer mark, are all proudly displayed together. I don't believe it spreads (to other ponies), and agree with the others about it being a breakdown in any one particular pony unfortunate enough to develop it.

For years (prior to me beginning collecting) my childhood ponies were all stashed in a cardboard box together, hidden at the back of a wardrobe. When they got pulled out and enjoyed again and I began learning about such pony ailments, I found only one of them had developed age spots ( a cancer prone pony, no less). So that's enough for me to believe it doesn't spread to other ponies.

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 11:47:28 PM »
okey I see haha :) then I´ll have to have a close eye on my cancer ponys than maybe xD

Post Merge: March 10, 2013, 11:48:54 PM

Aw thats good to know

No you are not the only one :)

Post Merge: March 10, 2013, 11:51:45 PM

So I just don´t have to worry but I just whant to see you cancer ponys in a displaye together :D

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2013, 04:15:47 PM »
Just for you, LunaDelight  ;)

I don't really have many ponies with age spots/cancer, but little Baby Lemondrop has a little one and here she is squashed up with the others in my rather over crowded cabinet.

Here is a closer pic of her cancer spot. It's quite small - just at the top of her foreleg. I'm personally very fussy so try my best not to own ponies with age spots. The only others I can think of right now who have a couple of little ones are my Quackers and TE Bright Eyes. They're tucked up at the back of my cabinet, their position there more owing to space issues rather than my concern over a little cancer spot. You can just see quackers behind Locket in the first photo above.

:) :)

Offline LunaDehligt

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2013, 12:43:21 AM »

Post Merge: March 12, 2013, 12:44:18 AM

Just for you, LunaDelight  ;)

I don't really have many ponies with age spots/cancer, but little Baby Lemondrop has a little one and here she is squashed up with the others in my rather over crowded cabinet.

Here is a closer pic of her cancer spot. It's quite small - just at the top of her foreleg. I'm personally very fussy so try my best not to own ponies with age spots. The only others I can think of right now who have a couple of little ones are my Quackers and TE Bright Eyes. They're tucked up at the back of my cabinet, their position there more owing to space issues rather than my concern over a little cancer spot. You can just see quackers behind Locket in the first photo above.

:) :)

Yey thank you :D she is lovely and I just bought a mountain boy and it is Thundercloud and he has BIG cancer dots(and bad hair, that i have to change) but i couldn´t resist and now he is on his way to me :D
I can take a photo on him if you want when he arrives xD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2013, 03:04:31 AM »
Congrats on getting Thundercloud - even with issues he is such a handsome pony :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LunaDehligt

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2013, 08:47:08 AM »
Congrats on getting Thundercloud - even with issues he is such a handsome pony :)

yeah I couldn't resist xD
I can show a photo of him later :D

Sokkis

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 08:58:37 AM »
I have many ponies with age spots and "cancer" and they are all together in their display cabinet. I've collected few years, and cancer hasn't spread to "healthy" ponies. :) So I don't worry.

Offline LunaDehligt

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 09:06:43 AM »
oh that´s good :) do you ponys have big cancer dots? :)

Sokkis

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 09:09:15 AM »
oh that´s good :) do you ponys have big cancer dots? :)
Well, not BIG, cancer spots are usually size of a pin dot.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal