collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fibromyalgia anyone?  (Read 690 times)

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Customs
Fibromyalgia anyone?
« on: March 09, 2013, 01:46:30 PM »
Well, I just found out I have fibromyalgia. I was hoping to talk to someone, or a few people that have it. I went into a Rheumatologist and she told me I am in the beginning stages of it so I'm kind of at a loss of where to go from here in regards to a "treatment" plan. Really, I'm looking for advice and insight :) So, anyone else here have it?
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline Hunter-Rose

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Fibromyalgia anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 02:16:37 PM »
I don't suffer from fibro personally but I am subscribed to a youtuber called aliciagfibro, she doesn't have too many videos nor does she update often but what she has up is very interesting, I hope you think so too and I hope everything goes well for you <3
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 02:46:08 PM by Hunter-Rose »

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 02:42:07 PM »
I don't have fibro, but I know someone who does.  I hope you have a good rheumatologist and a treatment plan that works for you.  <3

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 04:21:37 PM »
I have it, its not been easy.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 04:40:08 PM »
I know we have a few members with it. Hopefully they'll see this thread and be able to offer some advice.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 05:11:11 PM »
I do not have it, but I've occasionally seen positive testimony of those who have eliminated grains, wheat and sugar from their diet. Those are very inflammatory foods and tend to exacerbate the problems.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+82)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 11:39:37 PM »
I was diagnosed with it last year but in hindsight, have probably had it for several years. My ex couldn't really understand it or deal with it, even though he was the one who noticed the symptoms. 
Follow me on Instagram: @theponiesiownies
Most wanted: Nursery Families white bathtub.

Offline PonySeeker128

• Trade Count: (+60)
    • View Profile
    • Customs
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 06:38:48 AM »
Thanks everyone. I don't have much added sugar in my diet anymore so hopefully that'll help. Are there any vitamins I should look into taking to help with fatigue and pain?
Deviant Art~Commissions Are CLOSED~
Wishlist (MH)

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 10:42:22 AM »
I dont think I have it (then again, who knows? They cant figure me out reguardless) but I do know the feeling.

Maybe try a fodmap diet and see if you can pinpoint trigger foods <3

Fodmap was easier for me due to my own condition but its normally really hard to do.  But worth it.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 10:47:32 AM »
Maybe try a fodmap diet and see if you can pinpoint trigger foods <3
I kept a food journal and eliminated things to see if anything affected my arthritis. Limiting carbs and sugar helped, but I discovered even the smallest amounts of wheat/gluten cause bad flare ups. I haven't eaten grains in two years, even check pills and lipstick for gluten. So long as I am careful I am pain free.

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 03:59:25 PM »
My mom has it. First off, don't take medicine that will make you sleep all the time and take you away from your life. My mom was like that for a couple of years and it wasn't pretty.(she was emotional and so was I)

Second, stress free exercises like yoga. Third, maintain a healthy diet. Fourth(optional but helpful): meditation.
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Mkanke

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 07:49:21 PM »
I was diagnosed with it back when I was about 18 (I'm 24 now). The best thing I have found, even though it seems counter productive, is the exercise like MaronaPossessed said. It mostly acted up in my spine so I slowly worked to get that area more in shape before it really set in and it has helped a great deal.

Waking up and doing a stretch routine every morning has helped a lot too. Not only is doing that just plain healthy for you but it really helped me get energized for the day and safe to workout with light stuff.

As for exercise cardio stuff helped me. I have especially in the last few months felt great after getting into Dance Dance Revolution again (because I'm a nerd into video games) and in the last week into Hardstyle Shuffling and JumpStep dancing.

All this cardio is making me full of energy and pep to actually do things again.

Needless to say if you get on taking precautions fast it will definitely help in the long run to help you feel as healthy as you can! Good luck out there :)

Lunar Apple

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 09:50:03 PM »
I have it myself.
The only things that have helped me are exercise (be gentle) and the medication they've put me on.
If the pain gets out of hand there are non-narcotic medications that can help.
I'm not the type to recommend medication, usually, but my pain is so bad that I can't bear to move much without something to numb it. (Your pain might never get really bad, but it can progress. It's best to talk to your doctor and tell them about any changes in pain when you visit.)
By the way, I haven't had any bad symptoms from what they put me on, but I'm sure there are lots of different medicines they could try, so some may or may not make you sleepy.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 09:52:44 PM by Lunar Apple »

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 11:34:45 PM »
A friend of mine has fibromyalgia. He's in his sixties, and he's been living with it for several decades now. The most important aspects according to him are gentle exercise and finding a doctor you can really trust and rely on. I wish you the best of luck in finding a doctor who'll be just right for you.

Rainsong

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 12:03:16 AM »
I have a standing diagnosis of it. Unfortunately, it's mixed with PCOS, Hypothyroidism, Bi-polar disorder, PTSD, and psoriasis, as well as potentially psoritic (sp) arthritis.

Makes for a bad run of luck. But it's not the end all, be all yet. I'm on meds for the thyroid and the bi-polar, and one of the meds I'm on (amitriptyline) is an anti-depressant that is also used to help treat joint pain, stress headaches, and sleep issues. Still seeing how well it does - only been on it two weeks, now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal