collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eCrater Stores - Why don't listings come down when purchased?  (Read 437 times)

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
I notice that if someone buys something from my eCrater store that the listing stays up. Actually, I've never had a listing come down after a purchase. It wasn't a big deal when I had multiples of items but now it's kind of a pain since I have to go and remember to take down everything that was purchased.

Is there something in my settings that is making it so that the listing for my item stays up? To clarify too, it's not that I am saying I have multiples of anything. All of them all say there is only "1" item available.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: eCrater Stores - Why don't listings come down when purchased?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 01:46:14 PM »
I am of no help  :huh: I am an ebay girl. 

Hopefully someone who runs an Ecrater store here can help you.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 01:54:15 PM »
I don't understand that either. I don't have a store but the one time I purchased something from there, it just changed to "0 Available" and said HOLD. So, there wasn't anywhere for someone else to buy it, but it was still listed.

Hopefully there is a way to change that...or somewhere to suggest that.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline RainbowWindy

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+315)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 03:09:49 PM »
There is a setting that you have to check in order to have that happen. When you log into your ecrater account, go to Options (left side menu towards the bottom) and make sure that 'Enable Inventory Control' is checked. However, items are only hidden if payment is done through Paypal using the link they received when placing the order. If not, you'll have to manually update.

I don't understand that either. I don't have a store but the one time I purchased something from there, it just changed to "0 Available" and said HOLD. So, there wasn't anywhere for someone else to buy it, but it was still listed.

Hopefully there is a way to change that...or somewhere to suggest that.

Listings aren't deleted when a purchase is made, just hidden. Which is nice since I like to keep old listings so that I bring it back and edit when I get a similar item and it keeps me consistent in my pricing. However, it is a pain since someone doing a google search can still find the listing - I get lots of questions about items that I have sold (I even got one from Brooke Kutik about my Rama Llama, thank god I had sold that a long time ago   :shocked:)
EBay Sales ~~

Offline RockinPrettyBeats

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 01:51:54 PM »
RainbowWindy - You are a lifesaver. I would have NEVER found that link in a million years.

Also, I'm happy they don't take it down if the person doesn't pay by paypal. There are a lot of people who just get all clicky and never pay (although they usually pick money order as an option).

Thanks, this will help.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal